blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:16:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Opinions please on the following two hands
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opinions please on the following two hands  (Read 845 times)
MrDigital

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2006, 05:48:34 PM »

Playing £5/10 NL cash 6 seated on Crypto.  Aggressive game and my opponent is loose/aggressive. The following hand occurs

I get deal    and make it £30 to go - Button (Agressive) flat calls and we get to se a flop of  two spades    i'm first to act and i bet £40 which is instantly re-raised to £140.  Ok here i think of the possible holdings of my opponent and my draw and i push all in for just over 1k which my opponent instantly calls and shows    .

My draw doesnt connect and a couple of players LOL at my (loose play).  I spoke to a few people about this hand and have their opinions as well as my own but as a new member to Blonde would like to here yours..

TY GG & GL

'Four Jacks No Good'
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 05:54:40 PM »

push looks kinda drawy, but still, u are a likely favorite over his range, and you surely have some FE vs the mid overpairs... I think for the benefit of deception you could make it £500.. you still have odds to call on the turn if he calls flop and jams turn, it just makes his call a lot tougher if he has a medium pair, because its (probably) consistent with how you would play bigger pairs/sets... but thats sematics. If you jam your big pairs/sets here as well as jamming your big draws, jamming is more then fine.

MrDigital

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 05:56:22 PM »

Pleeese forgive the speeeling and the missing 2nd hand that is here...  Different player been LOL'ing at me Sad i get   and raise to £40 this time and see a flop of   I raise player re-raises and i push again, again i'm called and the player has   turn brings another   river no help.

Just unlucky or poor fish who needs therapy ?

'Four Jacks No Good'
MrDigital

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 06:05:10 PM »

Thanks Totalise welcomed thoughts.  The 2nd hand to be honest was Tilt induced but I still considered in hindsight that I was a slight favorite in both hands and the poker gods were not paying my draws.  My thoughts were that in cash you need to take advantages of slight edges as you can always re-load not like in the tournament scenarios.  However, definatley looks drawy and possibly the reason he called my all-in so in that case I should congratulate him. 

He wasnt't beating much IMO and on a different night i would hope to re-load and take it back somewhere along the line..

'Four Jacks No Good'
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 06:06:52 PM »

Pleeese forgive the speeeling and the missing 2nd hand that is here...  Different player been LOL'ing at me Sad i get   and raise to £40 this time and see a flop of   I raise player re-raises and i push again, again i'm called and the player has   turn brings another   river no help.

Just unlucky or poor fish who needs therapy ?

This is ok as well... you are getting a fantastic image as a result, and as long as you play sets/big made hands the same way, its going to be real hard for your opponents to beat you over the long term....the problems from this stem from you NOT playing the big hands the same way, as that is just throwing away the opportunity that your image has created.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: