blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:27:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Help: 10-10 short handed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help: 10-10 short handed  (Read 1078 times)
MrSpeed

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2006, 11:42:42 AM »

Any advice / criticism on this hand would be appreciated. Mad Marty's satellite at the CinCin's.

To set the scene, its down to 3 players with only the winner getting the seat for saturday. i am chip leader 10k, others are 8k and 5k respectively (estimated from memory). The short stack has just doubled off me when his QJos outflopped my KQs (all in pre-flop).

3 hands later and i have  in the SB. The button raises to 2k (blinds 500/1000). The button is the short stack and is pretty tight. He has not entered many pots after doubling up early on with  . However, down to 3 handed he has become slightly more active but folded to reraises a couple of times.

I put him on minimum of a pair, 5's and up or A with 7 kicker and up....as he's pretty tight. After his raise i reraise all in.  Hoping to make him pay to see the flop with any weak A or to be called by smaller pair. If he folds i pick up 3.5k and increase my chip lead. If he calls i am favourtie against everything but AA, KK, QQ and JJ.  i considered smooth calling but just too many scare cards could appear and i would be out of position all the way.

Was pushing all-in the correct play here?

(The relevence of the QJ / KQ 'bad beat' was i was unsure if my move was tilt related or if it was an acceptable play.)

Thx
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 12:02:29 PM »

Was pushing all-in the correct play here?

Yes.
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 12:04:51 PM »

10 10 3 handed is a monster. This however is a tricky situation, there is the bb still to act and he may wake up with a monster or at least feel he is priced into the pot if you call, and as you say playing this hand out of position post flop wont be pleasant. Tho the raise from the button is a minimum one it has committed 40% of his chips preflop and with the blinds this high he may feel he cant fold . So I think an all in push is the play here this means the bb has to go away unless he has a huge hand and you can take your chances against shorty.
Or you could say that a minimum raise from him here is very suspicious and I dont want to double this guy up again I have the chip lead lets protect it and use my chips when I can be first into the pot. If I stay out of the way they might damage each other or I could get heads up by just folding here. If I reraise and get a call  here then the best I can hope to be against a tight player is 50/50 and I could well be a 4-1 dog.

I think its a push for me every time tho.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 01:22:44 PM »

I'm all in.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 01:23:42 PM »

Insta-push for me aswell

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
MrSpeed

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 02:20:45 PM »

Good to know that it wasn't the worst play ever.

For reference, the player turned over  and that was the beginning of the end, he cracked my  with  a few minutes later and it was hometime!!

2nd place when only 1 gets the ticket is a tad annoying but worse has happened!  Sad
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: