blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:50:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Did I play this right????
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did I play this right????  (Read 961 times)
Hairydude

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2006, 12:10:34 PM »

right playing in a 17 player satellite in CinCins on friday night-only top 2 places qualified and we were down to last 8 and only had one made hand of a set of 6's all night-and this only got me back to my starting stack of 8k, but I had managed to grind my way up to about 22k in chips and was slightly above average.

I was in late position and blinds were 1k and 2k, first position makes a raise to 6k total so 9k now in the pot- I only had him covered by 1900 chips!! everyone folds round to me and I look down at  , this guy im playing is really loose and would make plays like this with Q10 all night and I had thought of calling but then thought why give him either a)a free card or b) a chance to bluff should I miss th flop, I also think that if i win an all in pot im sitting on a 3rd of the total chips(45000) with 7 players to go and i would be a dominant chip leader(so with only 2 players paid this would be ideal)

Also if I call and miss and have to let it go I would have 16k and just under the average chip stack-which in essense would be ok and I could wait for a better moment-although like i said I had been card dead all night. I dont think hes got AA or KK and if he has good luck to him but im thinking the worst ill have is a coin flip, but I would say there is only a 50/50 chance of this guy having a pocket pair and 50% chance he could have anything like AQ, KQ, AJ, A10, KJ or QJ and I would be dominating, and if he lets go of the pot with one of these id be happy there and then but think he would call with any of AQ AJ or KQ and I would be big favourite.

So I push all in and SB and BB both fold-he takes about 30 seconds to look at his chips and calls- with 77!!!

the flops all low with 2 spades then third spade on turn but no joy on river and im left with 1900 chips and practically out of the tourny-I went out with something like Q9.

Ive been playing this hand over and over and dont know if I should have just called and played on but I thought that would be the weak play and as he was soo loose I had to make the move.

In honesty I cant believe he made the call-especially that quick-although he knows he would be mr big chips and a good bet to qualify(which of course he did) the only concievable hand he could be up against is AK, possibly AQ although dont think I would push in this instance- or higher pocket pair and he would be heavily dominated 80/20-at best its a coin flip for him and lucky for him it was and it stood up. I think my main reasoning with the push was it was only 2 players paid
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 12:14:46 PM by stuart1982 » Logged

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 12:38:55 PM »

Easy push for you. I've made that call with 77 a few times too, I busted out of a live tourney last week with 44 in this position. I often regret it of course but if you had AA or KK you maybe call not push + there's some money in the pot + if the worst comes to the worst there's always a couple of sevens left in the deck. Sh*t I've talked myself into it again. Cheesy
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 01:26:19 AM »

Well by the sounds of it you dwelt for a while thinking about how you had got bad cards all night long.....this looks weak, he calls.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: