blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:22:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  This hand has been bugging me...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This hand has been bugging me...  (Read 924 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2006, 04:59:38 AM »

So much so I can't go to sleep til I've gotten it out of my system. It's not a relatively important hand to anything in particular, I just want to see what other people think.
Anyway, we're playing a blonde $5 tournament. I'm in the BB with   and about 2500 blinds 30/60, Sark is in the sb with rougly 3000. There are two limpers, then Sark raises it up to 180, now the raise has me thinking because it's looking for action and not enough to scare limpers away, and Sark has been playing fairly tight so I think he has a big pair and I'm quite confident that I can throw away top pair if I hit and run into resistance. Both limpers also call making the pot 720. The flop comes  and Sark checks, I bet 240 here, partly to build the pot and to find out who else might have a king. One limper calls (he has about 1000 left), the other folds, and Sark then moves all-in. Whoops! Now, at this point, I actually declared on the chatbox I thought I was behind, there were only two hands I felt Sark could have, which he could check/raise all-in in this manner, which were AK or JJ. But because it was an STT, I decided to lump it in, the other limper came too with his K2. Of course, Sark had the  and scooped a monster pot. If it had been a big MTT event, I think I could've thrown the hand away, which is where my question comes in? Would you throw away my hand in this position in an MTT or an STT? Do you think the betting pattern suggests strongly enough that I'm beat?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 02:42:08 PM »

I suppose you should go with the read and chuck away KQ pre flop to a raise that screams "monster" but you know you need to hit a perfect flop to contine

then you hit a perfect flop!

that said i don't suppose many are folding post flop even when you know he has to have AK/JJ

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 02:56:48 PM »

Thats a cheeky check raise from Mr Sark!

You could have got away from it pre flop but you have flopped a monster and if you think your still behind then you have an excuse to get away from it.  Sometime though you just want to see what you have been check raised witha nd you get your chips in the middle no matter what.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 05:56:34 PM »

I suppose you should go with the read and chuck away KQ pre flop to a raise that screams "monster" but you know you need to hit a perfect flop to contine

then you hit a perfect flop!

that said i don't suppose many are folding post flop even when you know he has to have AK/JJ

The only reason I called was in case I hit the perfect flop (two pair or better is a minimum requirement for me here), I was quite prepared to fold if I just hit top pair and met a raise. Once I've been check/raised all-in, I just 'felt' I was behind.

By the way, it was nice to see someone not overplay jacks for once, far too many times, people make monstrous raises that only ever pick up the blinds or run into the bigger pairs, certainly that was true on the FT on BlueSq lsat night where the guy who finished 3rd managed to do that. So well done to Sark and  for not being afraid to lose with them.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: