blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:08:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272688 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3336 3337 3338 3339 [3340] 3341 3342 3343 3344 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13512869 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50085 on: August 23, 2013, 12:26:18 PM »

too late now but no bother, things are going to get missed

We can go crack cocaine on Swann rather than a little Harris puff to calm things down a little on the volatility of the position

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #50086 on: August 23, 2013, 12:27:57 PM »

"Arantes at goodwood 5:40 is as low as 16-1 with b365, sky and hills, 39 on betfair but 100-1 with Betfred and Totesport, any mileage in this?"

I wouldn't be rushing in Omm.

Firstly the Betfair "market" may say 49/1 but there has only been £58 matched on it which means £29 has been staked. The price opened 14/1 and drifted straight away.

From memory Channon is about 8% 1st time out with his 2-y-old winners but I haven't checked. He is 9% 2-y-old winners-runners.

The race is reasonably decent being at a "top" track and with reasonable prize-money and the standard he'll have to run to is set quite high with three horses who finished 2nd last time.

I would think Madeed could be a really solid favourite here.

The race is actually pretty good for each-way bets as the top two take out such a large amount of the market but I would be guessing at the moment if I tried to pick one of the unraced ones as the third best horse. Actually think All Talk N No Do will probably turn out to be an Ok ew bet as punters tend to overate potential and underrate what has already happened that they have seen.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50087 on: August 23, 2013, 12:29:19 PM »

too late now but no bother, things are going to get missed

We can go crack cocaine on Swann rather than a little Harris puff to calm things down a little on the volatility of the position

Can't believe I missed it, really miffed with myself.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50088 on: August 23, 2013, 12:34:08 PM »

Celtic v Inverness

Celtic are not firing yet. Samaras and Stokes did not train today. They were away in Asia on Tuesday and got turned over in a very big game. They did have plenty possesion so not a greatly harsh 90 minute chase the ball game. The defence continues to look awful

Last season they struggled on some an occasion after a big euro game.

01/08HJK HelsinkiUEFA Champions League19:45H2-1
04/08AberdeenClydesdale Bank Premier League12:45H1-0

08/08HJK HelsinkiUEFA Champions League18:00A2-0
11/08Real Madrid2012 Herbalife World Football Challenge19:00N0-2

21/08Helsingborgs IFUEFA Champions League19:45A2-0
25/08Inverness CTClydesdale Bank Premier League12:45A4-2

29/08Helsingborgs IFUEFA Champions League19:45H2-0
01/09HibernianClydesdale Bank Premier League15:00H2-2

19/09BenficaUEFA Champions League19:45H0-0
22/09DundeeClydesdale Bank Premier League15:00H2-0

02/10Spartak MoskvaUEFA Champions League17:00A3-2
07/10Heart of MidlothianClydesdale Bank Premier League12:45H1-0

23/10BarcelonaUEFA Champions League19:45A1-2
27/10KilmarnockClydesdale Bank Premier League15:00H0-2

07/11BarcelonaUEFA Champions League19:45H2-1
11/11St JohnstoneClydesdale Bank Premier League15:00H1-1

20/11BenficaUEFA Champions League19:45A1-2
24/11Inverness CTClydesdale Bank Premier League15:00H0-1

05/12Spartak MoskvaUEFA Champions League19:45H2-1
08/12KilmarnockClydesdale Bank Premier League12:30A3-1

12/02JuventusUEFA Champions League19:45H0-3
16/02Dundee UtdClydesdale Bank Premier League15:00H6-2

06/03JuventusUEFA Champions League19:45A0-2
09/03Ross CountyClydesdale Bank Premier League15:00A2-3

Inverness have played 3 won 3 scoring 6 and not conceding.

Celtic can be layed around 1.59 but unless my maths is off it's better to back Inverness @ 6/1 (13/2 skybet) and back the draw at 7/2 (15/4 skybet) which i think is better and beats betfair although exchanges haven't much turnover on this yet.

For every £10 total stake £6.09 on draw and £3.91 on Inverness returns £17.39 profit if Celtic fail to win.

Sandy

Thanks Sandy. I should not let it inmfluence my thinking, but I have a bit of a soft spot for the Inverness fairtytale, what a story.

In this case though Fred cannot get on with Sky Bet, & they are standout "Best Price" on both results, sp presumably the maths is much worse with other Firms.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #50089 on: August 23, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »

I did the maths without Skybet but included their prices for the benefit of others. Wink

Obviously Skybet bettors should adjust their stakes accordingly.

Sandy
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #50090 on: August 23, 2013, 12:37:56 PM »

Thanks Neil, it was more the difference of the pricing that made me question it, couldn't resist a punt though, so had £2 e/w, happy to donate £4 to the Done retirement fund on this occasion.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #50091 on: August 23, 2013, 12:39:36 PM »

Maybe feeling a little bruised and by the end of the day will now doubt have a whole carton of eggs on my face, but I notice we have 4 times as much on an unraced horse at an e/w price where we wont even get our money back if it doesn't win, we have also missed all the juicier prices......but not a word.

I appreciate it has come from an Elder, but still.......

It was your suggestion to have £5 EW, if you had suggested more, I'd have bet more.

A little fiver ew at best early odds is probably worth a go

Not really what I am getting at. I am happy at a small interest before everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Its the ratios I am questioning.

I have had a rebuff over a horse I put up when it was a 16 runner field. After a long courtship and study, I finally asked her out, but only for an "ice cream". I'm not too bothered if its liked or not. I put it up because I fancy it, and think it can win based on my earlier synopsis. Very much like Horsey does with his recommends.

Elder hears a whisper on an unraced horse that has halved in price, he takes her out on a blind date, cos someone says she looks tasty, for a nice meal, and its not questioned by anyone.

We all know his will win, mine will come last, but just pointing it out.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50092 on: August 23, 2013, 12:46:48 PM »

Maybe feeling a little bruised and by the end of the day will now doubt have a whole carton of eggs on my face, but I notice we have 4 times as much on an unraced horse at an e/w price where we wont even get our money back if it doesn't win, we have also missed all the juicier prices......but not a word.

It was your suggestion to have £5 EW, if you had suggested more, I'd have bet more.

Not really what I am getting at. I am happy at a small interest before everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Its the ratios I am questioning.

I have had a rebuff over a horse I put up when it was a 16 runner field. After a long courtship and study, I finally asked her out, but only for an "ice cream". I'm not too bothered if its liked or not. I put it up because I fancy it, and think it can win based on my earlier synopsis. Very much like Horsey does with his recommends.

Elder hears a whisper on an unraced horse that has halved in price, he takes her out on a blind date, cos someone says she looks tasty, for a nice meal, and its not questioned by anyone.

I'm afraid I don't know where you are going with this.

I placed the amount you suggested, & without hesitation. (And got a ticking off from His Lordship!). 

The general rule here is that we place the amount recommended, that is the default.

Bobby's suggestion was accepted without question by me, nobody else. He does not generally give us horses, but there has been a lot of rumours about the animal in question, & he shared them with me.

I'll get LOTS of these wrong, I will not complain though, it's the nature of the beast. 

Let us hope they both win.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 12:49:55 PM by tikay » Logged

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #50093 on: August 23, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »

Goodness England are negative under Cook.  Every match they crawl along, irrespective of batting conditions.  Slow over rates when they are bowling.  Starting to side with the Aussies.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50094 on: August 23, 2013, 12:51:44 PM »

Offline for an hour.

Do behave, please.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #50095 on: August 23, 2013, 12:57:03 PM »

I placed the amount you suggested, & without hesitation. (And got a ticking off from His Lordship!). 

The general rule here is that we place the amount recommended, that is the default.

Bobby's suggestion was accepted without question by me, nobody else. He does not generally give us horses, but there has been a lot of rumours about the animal in question, & he shared them with me.

I'll get LOTS of these wrong, I will not complain though, it's the nature of the beast. 

I just find it amusing how some recommends get jumped all over because they come from certain people, yet others could ask for a tenner on Elvis being spotted on The Old Kent Road today and everyone nods sagely. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lunch time.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50096 on: August 23, 2013, 12:58:10 PM »

perhaps if you moaned less you could move from one camp to the other?

Enjoy your lunch!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #50097 on: August 23, 2013, 01:00:40 PM »

Personally think Bobby's should have been bet for more, but he did only rec £20 ew so so be it.

Think you are arguing over nothing here adz,just because you got a bit of negative feedback for backing a horse each way in a 15 runner race(altho sounds like there were 16 when u placed it so ul and plus bad beat didn't seem to like the nag)

Not really fair to compare your 'case' to somebody else's bet and attempt to cast doubts on their reasoning imo.

henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #50098 on: August 23, 2013, 01:27:22 PM »

I just find it amusing how some recommends get jumped all over because they come from certain people, yet others could ask for a tenner on Elvis being spotted on The Old Kent Road today and everyone nods sagely. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lunch time.

I think when i last saw tipsters records in the spreadsheet you were 2/3 hundred in the red. Doobs was about 8 hundred up. Dubai was up 3 hundred or so.

Camel and Redarmi make a living betting i believe so their opinions have a background.

Real money is at stake and it's not yours.

I'm up but don't always get placed. I also don't always agree with stakes on some bets especially hector but that has been looked at.

Put up enough good bets and you can stick two fingers up to your critics. Keep being and dick and keep losing and your critics will keep sticking two fingers up to you.

Saddest part of all is that you're dragging the tone of the thread down.

Sandy

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #50099 on: August 23, 2013, 01:30:49 PM »

perhaps if you moaned less you could move from one camp to the other?

Enjoy your lunch!

LOL. I would still moan Rich. Its the Citizen Smith in me.

Pages: 1 ... 3336 3337 3338 3339 [3340] 3341 3342 3343 3344 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: