blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:11:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6353850 times)
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7095 on: July 09, 2008, 06:56:35 PM »

Jeeves was given the night off. Tikay even resorted to pouring the wine for Julian and Rob himself. Standing to top up the glasses and pouring it just as Jeeves had shown him. As you can imagine Tikay was on his feet a lot doing refills.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7096 on: July 09, 2008, 06:59:05 PM »

Jeeves was given the night off. Tikay even resorted to pouring the wine for Julian and Rob himself. Standing to top up the glasses and pouring it just as Jeeves had shown him. As you can imagine Tikay was on his feet a lot doing refills.

Ah, so that's how he keeps his shape Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: July 09, 2008, 07:03:42 PM »

Ah, so that's how he keeps his shape Smiley

and there was me thinking that was just the stress of playing 3 6 off.

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: July 09, 2008, 07:06:25 PM »

wtf is rob wearing? i hope i never win $47k if it gives me that dress sense Wink

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: July 09, 2008, 10:07:05 PM »

I will reply to the various feedback later, I'm still traumatised by Rob Garfield smiling, & his Shirt. I love your Feedback, & will reply to all, but first I want to Post some Pics from The Rio this morning.

The world seems to be spinning faster, why does a day only seem to last 12 hours, why is there never enough time?

I'm very tired this morning, I really can't work it out.

A relatively easy day today, I do a Live 'Phone-In to the Show at 11.15 (UK), a few more filmed Interviews (I've done 5 or 6 this morning), & that's about it really, except for Railing Mike, who's gone from 17k at Start of Play to 25k.

You can almost feel the Atmo sharpenng in the Cardroom(s) this morning, the WSOP starts to get really interesting from here.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: July 09, 2008, 10:15:15 PM »

Found him, at last!

I first met this man at an APAT Event, of which he's a stalwart & most successful Member, almost winning in Edinburgh last year, then getting the job done in Dublin recently, also at blonde Bashes, Sky Live Days, Virgin Fessies, da d da, he's a real supporter of "Fun Poker" & plays the game in a lovely spirit. But in fact he has a very good game indeed, & he may well rattle a few cages here at the WSOP.

Has a love alcohol too, I suspect.

Mr James Eccles, aka Eck.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: July 09, 2008, 10:18:24 PM »

Full of the joys of Spring, ActionJack.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7102 on: July 09, 2008, 10:20:16 PM »

Found him, at last!

I first met this man at an APAT Event, of which he's a stalwart & most successful Member, almost winning in Edinburgh last year, then getting the job done in Dublin recently, also at blonde Bashes, Sky Live Days, Virgin Fessies, da d da, he's a real supporter of "Fun Poker" & plays the game in a lovely spirit. But in fact he has a very good game indeed, & he may well rattle a few cages here at the WSOP.

Wow...Eck has...erm "grown" since I last saw him...I hope he gets a decent cash so he can buy himself a nice "man-bra" Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7103 on: July 09, 2008, 10:23:15 PM »

Full of the joys of Spring, ActionJack.

Thanks for the arrow pointing out which one is Paul Jackson

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: July 09, 2008, 10:26:53 PM »

Note that Paul "Advertising Hoarding" Jackson now has THREE logos. Deft work. He has one on his bum, too.

Here he is with today's Sky Day 2b Qualifier, Mike, aka "MaggiesDad".

I've come to respect Paul's abilities more & more, & he's simply the best "Tutor" I've ever met in Poker, & always has time to answer questions.

Mike had just asked me a strategy question as to when to go into shove mode today (he began with 17k) & he seemed a little eager to push too soon, imo, but fancy asking me of all people! At that very moment Paul arrived, & despite the fact he was on his way to play Day 2b himself, he spent 20 minutes debating with Mike the do's & don't of when to shove & with what, where. Mike was fixated with "x orbits before I have to", whereas Paul changed that thinking completely, & gave him a good "session".

Paul confesses to a great satisfaction to seeing his "pupils" do well, it's not a money thing at all. Fair play to him.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: July 09, 2008, 10:36:32 PM »

Found him, at last!

Oops. Official correction. It was Newport Lad who won in Dublin, & not Eck, & Eck "only" finished 6th in Edinburgh. For some reason, I have a memory of Phil Starr putting an outrageous beat on him in Edinburgh with K-T. Thank you for the 93 PM's pointing out my error.

My Post should have just read, "here's the rotund fish, Eck". Wink

Sorry.

OK, gotta dash down to the CardRoom to see how Mike is doing, pre the Phone-In. More pics soon, hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Mike, by the way, has found himself sat to the immediate right of Jeff Kimber.

I could get some absolutely wonderful TableSide pics, as I have "All Areas Access", but "Flash" pics are not allowed, & I can't find how to turn the flash off on my camera. I've already fallen foul of the ESPN gestapo this morning, so I'm on a "one strike & you are out" Final Warning.

My camera is a "FujuFilm FinePix Z", can anyone assist, please?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 10:38:42 PM by tikay » Logged

DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7106 on: July 09, 2008, 10:54:34 PM »

I can't believe how lucky I've fallen with Sky Poker, all things considered, & so I try & gve them value for money. They sure look after me well. This is my home for 3 weeks at The Rio.

Is that a universal adaptor hooked up to your laptop Tony?

Shocked
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: July 09, 2008, 11:54:12 PM »

'Phone-in done, went OK I think, though I dread to think of my 'phone bill, as we have to be "patched through" 10 minutes before the 'phone in, & then talk for 5 or 6 minutes. We'll be doing these to th Sky Show 11.15 (UK) every day from here on in, a sort of Mini Live Update.

Mike is sat next to Jaffa Cake, Mike grinding, 12k.

Next Table, Michael Greco is grinding too, 13k.

Two tables to the right, Kara Scott is sat, she has 80k but she has a whoppingly-stacked Bernard "Elky" Grotspeiller (sp?) to her immediate left.

A few tables along is Isabelle Mercier, 55k I think, & next to that Table is Liv Boeree, with about the same.

Wonderful atmo in there today.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: July 10, 2008, 12:05:32 AM »

I can't believe how lucky I've fallen with Sky Poker, all things considered, & so I try & gve them value for money. They sure look after me well. This is my home for 3 weeks at The Rio.

Is that a universal adaptor hooked up to your laptop Tony?

Shocked

Gotta love Photoshop! I missed that first time, nice one. Good job that fella does not have yellow hair.

Universal adaptor? No idea what one of them is. It's the "Etherrnet" thingy, all the Rooms have one, & it has two power sockets in it, too, very handy. The assorted & essential devices are camera charger, moby charger, Lappie power, multi-adaptors, headache tabs......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: July 10, 2008, 12:13:30 AM »

This is Neil, more of whom later.

Neil is Mother Hen & Manager of the "Champions Lounge", which sort of is, & is not, the PokerStars Lounge. (Again, I'll explain later). Neil has been terrific to my colleagues & myself, & has allowed us unfettered access to his Lounge, including drinks & buffet, Filming Facilities, sofas & armchairs for old peeps to fall asleep on, the lot.

I mistakenly said the other day that Annette spent most of her time in the Everest Lounge, as it had a Pool Table - in fact, I meant the Champions Lounge. But deffo not the Betfair Lounge.

Top guy Neil, (American), & rather fetchingly handsome, would you not  agree?

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 472 473 [474] 475 476 477 478 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: