blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:10:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6367041 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7050 on: July 09, 2008, 12:30:57 AM »

have you got any runners in day 2b?

Yes, we have Mike (MaggiesDad), who's on about 34k I think. And Will, (POKERBCITY) who's going nicely today.

OK, work calls, gotta go.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: July 09, 2008, 12:31:13 AM »

great read mate, enjoy the grub.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: July 09, 2008, 12:32:16 AM »

Starbucks is a coffee shop.

Thanks for that.

You are most welcome, it's educational stuff, eh?.

But it was especially for, err, DingDell. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: July 09, 2008, 12:33:40 AM »

Thanks Phil, sorry our paths never crossed out here.

How's the little 'un? Let's have some pics!

Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: July 09, 2008, 12:35:07 AM »

agreed, thanks

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: July 09, 2008, 12:35:21 AM »

no probs Tony, I deffo know how much there is to do in that role.

Will send some pics on too.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: July 09, 2008, 01:01:20 AM »

Sir John Shipley, complete with napkin.
Not forgetting the jacket he's wearing in that weather
niamhsdad
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: July 09, 2008, 02:00:04 AM »

Tikay

If I remember rightly there were 5 packages awarded in the Sky WSOP Final, but you keep mentioning 4 qualifiers - what happened to the other one, did he take the cash or can you not say?

Rgds

ND
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: July 09, 2008, 02:54:09 AM »

Tikay

If I remember rightly there were 5 packages awarded in the Sky WSOP Final, but you keep mentioning 4 qualifiers - what happened to the other one, did he take the cash or can you not say?

Rgds

ND

Hi,

Yes, 5 players qualfied, flights & Hotel Rooms were booked for all 5. The "missing" Gentleman was unable, for reasons I'm not aware, to make the trip.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: July 09, 2008, 03:08:54 AM »

Been down to the CardRoom to check up on Will (now 100k+), & he's sat between Noah Boaken & J P Kelly.

A breathtaking hand just went off involving Noah, an Italian lad, & a Local.

Local Raised pre-flop (blinds are 400-800 I think), Noah called, Italia Raised it up, Lacal & Noah both call.

Flop.....

Ir's checked round to Italia who bets the pot.

Local Passes, Noah shoves for the lot - a big Over-Bet.

Italia gives considerable - 2 minute - dwellage (he was the Pre-Flop Re-Raiser, remember), & eventually calls for about 60% of his stack.

And flips over......

three clubs

!
What a call!

Noah Tables......

On the Turn, the Q pairs (offsuit).

How many outs does Noah have here, post-Turn?

FWIW, Noah caught his J on the end.

Got "at-the-table" mini-nterviews with Noah & JP.

Bumped into Jim McShane, & interviewed him, too, ditto Mike "MaggiesDad".

Jim is picking me up in 20 mins, then to The Venetian to collect Thewy, Rob Garfield & Kevin O'Learly, then Mrs McShane, & we go to dinner then, followed by a little cash-action at Red-Rock. I have to be back at The Rio by Midnight to see how Will finishes, then write the Blog. Another day in Vegas.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 03:13:36 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: July 09, 2008, 03:19:31 AM »

If you meet folks for the first time "at home", (in the UK), it's fine, but when you come to Vegas & meet Brits, somehow you bond so much better.

I met this couple last night at Caesars, the young lady - Rachel - shared my Table, & her Hubbie, Clinton, was close by. They came from Cambridge (England) & we got chatting.

She is the PR Lady for a Construction Company (boy, that must be tough!) & he works for SIG (Sheffield Insulation Group) who are huge in UK construction.

But they run, in their spare time, something called "Pokka", which are combined Football & Poker Tourneys. (Pokka - soccer + poker).

Lovely couple, & we swapped e-addy's & moby numbers, & after a flurry of e-Mails last night, they have been booked to appear on the Sky Show. Soon sorted, that.

thats clintonO on littlewoods he does really well on there hes won something silly like 18 packges over the last couple of years for the WSOP and CPC etc , always high on the crypto tourny leaderboard every month

That's him - he's won his CPC Package (several in fact, I believe) for this year already. I gather it's Cruise-Ship based this time.

turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7061 on: July 09, 2008, 03:24:42 AM »

clinton and rachel a lovely couple who run a fantastic tournament called "poccer" not "pokka".

the ITB boys are the current reigning "poccer" champs with a team containing amongst others rookie,myself and rashitb(dave colclough)

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7062 on: July 09, 2008, 10:14:36 AM »

What the  biggest town in Europe without a railway station?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: July 09, 2008, 10:53:26 AM »

They ruined MTV (for me) when they set up the slushy MTV Europe.

Hmm, I hated the whole concept of MTV from day 1*. I hate the way that music became as much about the visuals in a video as about the sound. Those Queen boys have a lot to answer for. Without THAT video, who knows, maybe no MTV. Multimedia music? No thanks - close eyes and listen.

With the exception of the times they and their offshoots have presented live performances.

Conversely, it's 100% the opposite for me. The Vids bring the music to life for me. I don't know the lyrics of hardly any songs, & I'd never buy, for example, a REM, Gwen Stefani, George Michael or Queen album, but I'd watch the Vids 24/7. Different strokes for different folks.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: July 09, 2008, 10:58:36 AM »

Bumped into this guy tonight exiting The Rio. Anyone remember him?

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: