blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:38:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272684 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A diary about poker and other stuff, but mostly poker  (Read 156031 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »

The future of insurance giant AIG hangs in the balance as fears grow that it could be the next firm to fold in the wake of the credit crisis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7620127.stm

Pretty staggering to think a company of that size can be at risk, as the article says they have ASSETS of more than a Trillion dollars, that's pretty sick!

This hits home especially for me as my family is part of the 'AIG Family' my Father who passed away exactly a year ago was the head of "AIG Global Investment Corp" which he ran out of Chelsea Harbour in London, i do wonder what he would have made about all this credit crisis.

read this

http://peterbirks.livejournal.com/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2008, 11:29:32 AM »

Such was the superb branding power of AIG's sponsorship deal with Man Utd that, before this week, I thought AIG were a company making stuff like fridges and dishwashers.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2008, 02:38:00 PM »

Flushy,

If this is too personal, just ignore, but......

You mentioned your late father.

I recall being shocked down at Brighton one day last year when you told me you'd just been to his Memorial Service, (& were thus late for a Tourney at Rendezvous, so I think I bought you in) & we chatted about him a bit.

You never seem to mention him much, (though I know, this is a poker Forum), & there were no outward signs to the wide world that you'd lost your Dad.

Do you miss him?

Did you get on well?

Did/does it matter to you that he is or was proud of you?

What did he think of your "playboy" lifestyle?

These are genuine (if rather forward) questions, & I'll understand if you'd prefer not to respond in public.

I'm just curious about the way youngsters perceive their Parents. There's a reason for my curiosity, but that's another story.

Nice start to the Diary, by the way. Poker Blogs & run-of-the-mill Flop Stories bore me to tears, Hand Histories make my eyes glaze over, but I like to see pokerists "outside" of poker, so many of them are totally one (poker) dimensional & have no abilty to converse outside of poker.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 06:16:06 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2008, 04:37:55 PM »

which chat up line is better?

-'I'm an airline pilot'

-'I'm a poker player'

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2008, 04:42:50 PM »

Double edged sword, that one...from a female point of view anyway.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »

Flushie,

I was at the Gutshot yesterday for the last ever £5 rebuy. It was great fun, as everyone went a bit mental over the rebuys. 

Reevio shortly before the tournament began:

"I'll be taking it easy. If everyone else is going all in every hand, I'll just wait for my spots and keep my rebuys to a minimum"

Reevio shortly after the rebuy period ended, when I asked him how many rebuys he had:

"about 23 or 24."

In all there were 180 runners there and the prize pool was £6,425 with first prize just under two grand.

But anyway, I digress, the reason for my post is tell you that there was a young guy (maybe 18 or 19) there who has exactly the same mannersims as you, also talks a good game and plays well, whom Reevio and I have nicknamed "Junior Flushie." I think his first name is Joe, but it was his uncanny resemblence to you that caught my attention. Beware, you have an imposter.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2008, 05:35:27 PM »

Flushie,

I was at the Gutshot yesterday for the last ever £5 rebuy. It was great fun, as everyone went a bit mental over the rebuys. 

Reevio shortly before the tournament began:

"I'll be taking it easy. If everyone else is going all in every hand, I'll just wait for my spots and keep my rebuys to a minimum"

Reevio shortly after the rebuy period ended, when I asked him how many rebuys he had:

"about 23 or 24."

In all there were 180 runners there and the prize pool was £6,425 with first prize just under two grand.

But anyway, I digress, the reason for my post is tell you that there was a young guy (maybe 18 or 19) there who has exactly the same mannersims as you, also talks a good game and plays well, whom Reevio and I have nicknamed "Junior Flushie." I think his first name is Joe, but it was his uncanny resemblence to you that caught my attention. Beware, you have an imposter.

As long as he is good i don't mind, can just claim his results!

Yeah was thinking about coming up for that Jamie said Dubai was there being as quiet as ever! Do any good m8?

P.S. That is taking it easy for Jamie.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »

which chat up line is better?

-'I'm an airline pilot'

-'I'm a poker player'

Pilot owns, has a ridic success rate, fun times living in Florida!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2008, 05:47:07 PM »

Flushy,

If this is too personal, just ignore, but......

You mentioned your late father.

I recall being shocked down at Brighton one day last year when you told me you'd just been to his Memorial Service, (& were thus late for a Tourney at Rendezvous, so I think I bought you in) & we chatted about him a bit.

You never seem to mention him much, (though I know, this is a poker Forum), & there were no outward signs to the wide world that you'd lost your Dad.

Do you miss him?

Did you get on well?

Did/does it matter to you that he is or was proud of you?

What did he think of your "playboy" lifestyle?

These are genuine (if rather forward) questions, & I'll understand if you'd prefer not to respond in public.

I'm just curious about the way youngsters perceive their Parents. There's a reason for my curiosity, but that's another story.

Nice start to the Diary, by the way. Poker Blogs & run-of-the-mill Flop Stories bore me to tears, Hand Histories make my eyes glaze over, but I like to see pokerists "outside" of poker, so many of them are totally one (poker) dimensional & have no abilty to converse outside of poker.

Not sure how to answer this post as i don't really want to post up all my personal feelings on an internet forum, i know some do but not really my thing.

I will give you some short answers though and i do not mind you asking, i would be more open in person.

Yes i do miss him, although in terms of him being a regular fixture in my life not really as the last few years the only times i heard from him were when he called me usually drunk leading to me usually trying to get off the phone!

Yeah we got on well, we were both very stubborn which obviously made things difficult at times however i still loved being around him, playing games, talking etc i had a happy upbringing and most of it was spent with my Dad who i greatly admired.

For someone who accomplished quite a lot in a short working career it always puzzled me why he seemed to not care too much about what myself and my brother wanted to do once we completed education. It's not to say he didn't care it was simply a lack of pressure, i think as long as we wanted to do what we were doing he would be happy. He was very supportive of me playing poker and would regularly ask how i got on, he himself started playing online a bit with bluesquare but stopped when they switched to iPoker as you can't play from Cyprus. I remember one time telling me he had won his first tournament i was very shocked given how he hadn't been playing long, he told me he had only played about 20! It was then that i realised he was talking about 6max STT's lol

It was a year ago yesterday that he died and he continues to be a paid in death with his estate still a long way from sorted!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2008, 06:06:54 PM »

OK so tonight is the last night of the WCOOP for me so might as well put in a proper session, tonight i will be playing most if not all of these:

STARS

7-30 WCOOP $530 shootout
8-00 $55f
8-15 $55r
8-30 $33r EPT SAT
9-30 WCOOP $530 FLO/9
10-00 $55f
10-15 $55w1
10-30 WCOOP 2nd chance $320 shootout
12-08 WCOOP $109f ME SAT
12-30 WCOOP 2nd chance $320 FLO/8
01-15 $33r EPT SAT

FTP

8-00 $163f
9-00 $75f
9-30 $33r
10-00 $129f KO
11-00 $216f TURBO
12-00 $75f
12-30 $109w1
01-00 $163f

LADS

8-00 $215w1

PARTY

8-00 $162f Super Thursday

BSQ

7-45 $55r
8-45 $215r

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2008, 06:14:07 PM »

LOL sick

I bet you unregister from a good number of those.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2008, 06:17:33 PM »

LOL sick

LOL Agreed, good luck though, one (more) time and all that Smiley

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2008, 06:25:20 PM »

LOL sick

I bet you win a good number of those luckbox!
Chipleader

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2008, 06:56:28 PM »

If you had the choice who wud you choose?

Cat? or Rosie?

oh and wen will the kappagambe oceana incident be in the diary lol
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2008, 07:41:07 PM »

LOL sick

Yeah decided to skip iPoker as i can't stand the size of the tables!

If you had the choice who wud you choose?

Cat? or Rosie?

oh and wen will the kappagambe oceana incident be in the diary lol

Lucy, ty.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: