blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I DON'T CARE!!!!!
Poll
Question: What needs to be done about bad beat posts?  (Voting closed: February 17, 2007, 10:05:09 AM)
I don't mind, they are fascinating. - 17 (16.3%)
Automatic 1 week suspension. - 5 (4.8%)
Banned for life. - 7 (6.7%)
Mods to add "bad beat" to title. - 23 (22.1%)
Mods to delete them. - 5 (4.8%)
Stop being such a saddo. - 29 (27.9%)
Stab offenders in the eye with a needle, see how they like it. - 18 (17.3%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I DON'T CARE!!!!!  (Read 11739 times)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 11:53:21 AM »

blonde is a community, If someone is sitting in their bedroom trying their damndest to win a game of poker, and they get a horrific outdraw/badbeat why shouldnt they put it on the forum ....they cant turn round to someone and say "did you see that, that was sick" so they post it on the forum as a way of letting off steam and getting it out of their system.

If you open a thread and start reading it, only to find its a bad beat ....stop reading if it bothers you.... simple. Alternatively you could always do a "Flushy" and post a sarcastic reply.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 11:53:39 AM »

This thread should be deleted - what uter drivvel!!!

Seriously, let people post what they want unless it is a personal attack or just out of order.

If you dont want to read someone's post, then dont - simple. What is more annoying than a thread you are not interested in, is when people then waste their time by posting on that thread!

I would say that most people on here do not read half the threads as it doesnt interest them - what interests one person doesnt necessarily interest another person. Does that make that thread warrant deletion? Of course not.

Blonde is a friendly forum (well most of the time) which produces some good debates

I posted a hand on here the other night as it seriously made me laugh - obviously others did not find it funny - and thats fair enough.

Each to their own
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 12:02:57 PM »

This thread should be deleted - what uter drivvel!!!

Seriously, let people post what they want

My irony-ometer has just gone off the scale.

The older I get, the better I was.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 12:08:47 PM »

Wink
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 12:53:49 PM »

I thought this was a poker forum 

My point being , when Paul ( for instance ) tells me about whats happened in a game , whether it's a beat beat or not , i have no idea what he's talking about .
He can come on here and get some feedback and most of you know what he's talking about , i hope i explained that how i meant lol.

So i say if somebody wants to post about there game , whatever that entails , let them and if you don't wanna read it or cant be arsed to post a DECENT  responce don't .

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 01:02:04 PM »

The point is Paul that being hoodwinked into reading someone elses tuff luck is annoying.
This is why people react badly to disguised beats, because they ARE disguised.
Just put "BB" or "bad beat" in the title then the folks that aren't interested won't read and consequently won't be sarcastic or abusive.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 01:05:02 PM »

This morning i go into the poker hand ANALYSIS forum to have a look through the threads. Yet i get 3 posts in and they are all bad beats very simple hands where there is almost no strategic interest in the hand. I enjoy reading strategy questions and listening to other peoples view on hands, occasionally adding my own viewpoint.

Surely this is not the point in hand ANALYSIS forum and this is probably one of the reasons why it is often the only forum on here i skip on my visit to the forum as a whole. It really is quite annoying and i feel like i have wasted my time.

My solution is to actively encourage posters if they want to vent to put bad beat in the title, so others don't have to read it.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 01:07:08 PM »

The point is Paul that being hoodwinked into reading someone elses tuff luck is annoying.
This is why people react badly to disguised beats, because they ARE disguised.
Just put "BB" or "bad beat" in the title then the folks that aren't interested won't read and consequently won't be sarcastic or abusive.

IFM, you are banding people together here.

Some people are genuinely asking for feedback, some are posting as they find it funny, and some are just letting off steam.

I would suggest that if spending 5-10 seconds of your life reading a thread only to find what you call a "disguised" bad beat story, annoys you sooo much - you really need to get out more.

Interestingly, do you find the "ive won this" and "ive won that" threads annoying?Huh? - just asking
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2007, 01:08:34 PM »

This morning i go into the poker hand ANALYSIS forum to have a look through the threads. Yet i get 3 posts in and they are all bad beats very simple hands where there is almost no strategic interest in the hand. I enjoy reading strategy questions and listening to other peoples view on hands, occasionally adding my own viewpoint.

Surely this is not the point in hand ANALYSIS forum and this is probably one of the reasons why it is often the only forum on here i skip on my visit to the forum as a whole. It really is quite annoying and i feel like i have wasted my time.

My solution is to actively encourage posters if they want to vent to put bad beat in the title, so others don't have to read it.

Fair point Longy - trouble is, you can have a situation where you suffered a bad beat, but are genuinely asking if you could of played it differently. Now if you put "bad beat" in the title, most will not read it and hense you will not get any decent feedback
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 01:14:12 PM »

Fair point Longy - trouble is, you can have a situation where you suffered a bad beat, but are genuinely asking if you could of played it differently. Now if you put "bad beat" in the title, most will not read it and hense you will not get any decent feedback

If the poster geniunley needs some help or there is some interesting strategy involved in the hand that is fine. Another point maybe not to post results of the hand straight away so anybody replying will be not biased by the result.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2007, 01:15:22 PM »

I think everything posted on this forum is offensive and insignificant, and everyone involved should be summarily executed with immediate effect.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2007, 01:21:50 PM »

I think everything posted on this forum is offensive and insignificant, and everyone involved should be summarily executed with immediate effect.

See? Give Free Speech to extremist banjoists & see what happens.

PS - Can Rhythm Guitarists Post Bad Beat Stories?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2007, 01:26:08 PM »

I think there should be a bad beat child board in the hand analysis section.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »

I think there should be a bad beat child board in the hand analysis section.

I agree - 50p-a-go scared
KeithyB

It's a Euro Rover...old man!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2007, 01:35:03 PM »

Isn't Blonde about all members no matter what their poker experience and expertise? All the way from the big time, big stakes players right down to the low level duffers such as me.

As these posts tend, but not exclusively, to come from newer players I don't think it's fair to try and exclude them.

If someone wants to post a "bad beat" story be it, for sympathy or for advice then let them! They clearly want to post and probably feel much better for doing so.

Don't think I've ever posted a new thread one myself although I may have been known to subtly give brief details of an exit hand from a tourny every now and again!  

Anyway, surely posting a bad beat story should be part of every poker player's learning process!

As Paul, I think, implies in his post is there really any difference between a "bad beat" post and an "I've won this" post?

Are there really that many bad beat posts anyway?  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: