blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 12:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272920 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I DON'T CARE!!!!!
Poll
Question: What needs to be done about bad beat posts?  (Voting closed: February 17, 2007, 10:05:09 AM)
I don't mind, they are fascinating. - 17 (16.3%)
Automatic 1 week suspension. - 5 (4.8%)
Banned for life. - 7 (6.7%)
Mods to add "bad beat" to title. - 23 (22.1%)
Mods to delete them. - 5 (4.8%)
Stop being such a saddo. - 29 (27.9%)
Stab offenders in the eye with a needle, see how they like it. - 18 (17.3%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I DON'T CARE!!!!!  (Read 11874 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2007, 01:36:31 PM »

Isn't Blonde about all members no matter what their poker experience and expertise? All the way from the big time, big stakes players right down to the low level duffers such as me.

As these posts tend, but not exclusively, to come from newer players I don't think it's fair to try and exclude them.

If someone wants to post a "bad beat" story be it, for sympathy or for advice then let them! They clearly want to post and probably feel much better for doing so.

Don't think I've ever posted a new thread one myself although I may have been known to subtly give brief details of an exit hand from a tourny every now and again!  

Anyway, surely posting a bad beat story should be part of every poker player's learning process!

As Paul, I think, implies in his post is there really any difference between a "bad beat" post and an "I've won this" post?

Are there really that many bad beat posts anyway?  

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
portfolio

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2007, 01:46:34 PM »

bad beat posts  are essential.

as is prioritising.

next.............
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2007, 01:51:36 PM »

lol, I am finding this all funny.  I bet there are thousands of players who I play against who scream at their computer screens, "Bloody fish, how can he play those cards"  Cheesy .  I turn off the chat now as the abuse I often receive is off putting .  I guess it  is ok to post bad beats if it helps let off steam
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2007, 01:56:11 PM »

People who post bad beats are pathetic. They actually think that other people give a shit.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2007, 01:57:32 PM »

I think bad beat stories should have a BB prefix. If they have some genuine value for the hand analysis board, they should also have a gvfhab suffix.

Sarcastic posts should be banned.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2007, 01:58:24 PM »

People who post bad beats are pathetic. They actually think that other people give a shit.

What about people who post about people who post about bad beats?

The older I get, the better I was.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2007, 01:58:43 PM »

I think bad beat stories should have a BB prefix. If they have some genuine value for the hand analysis board, they should also have a gvfhab suffix.

Sarcastic posts should be banned.

Cheesy
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2007, 01:59:15 PM »

What about people who post about people who post about bad beats?

Kiss
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2007, 02:21:07 PM »

I personally find it re-assuring that my bad beats get up peoples noses and will continue posting them in a vain attempt for the mods to see sense......

or why don't we just read the mod's propaganda all the time and their biased views

in the 1930's a newly installed fascist regime in western europe banned all media that didnt agree with their views

come the revolution

up against the wall

idont think im being a reactionary   

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2007, 02:23:30 PM »

Exactly red dog. You moaning about the moaners which leads to more ppl moaning about you moaning about the moaners, which leads to a moaning thread like this being set up for everyone on here to moan about. Stop moaning.
Its what i like to call the fundamental theorem of moaning!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2007, 03:38:45 PM »

This morning i go into the poker hand ANALYSIS forum to have a look through the threads. Yet i get 3 posts in and they are all bad beats very simple hands where there is almost no strategic interest in the hand. I enjoy reading strategy questions and listening to other peoples view on hands, occasionally adding my own viewpoint.

Surely this is not the point in hand ANALYSIS forum and this is probably one of the reasons why it is often the only forum on here i skip on my visit to the forum as a whole. It really is quite annoying and i feel like i have wasted my time.

My solution is to actively encourage posters if they want to vent to put bad beat in the title, so others don't have to read it.

why do people have such a high opinion on the value of their own time? As a group most poker players are lazy slobs, so its not like reading the thread has impeded your life in anyway, yet they all act as though a huge travesty has just occured

you: "I feel like I have wasted my time"
robS: "thats 30 seconds of my life I'll never get back"

Get a grip, read it and respond, or read it and move on. Its not rocket science.

Theres a lot of differing skill sections on this forum, and just because its obvious to world class professionals such as yourself that you should be happy to get it in with AA preflop, its not  so obvious why to newer players, so the "analysis" as you put it comes in different forms. People want to learn, and they wont be able to if there is a qualifying standard required in order to post.

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2007, 03:44:25 PM »

This morning i go into the poker hand ANALYSIS forum to have a look through the threads. Yet i get 3 posts in and they are all bad beats very simple hands where there is almost no strategic interest in the hand. I enjoy reading strategy questions and listening to other peoples view on hands, occasionally adding my own viewpoint.

Surely this is not the point in hand ANALYSIS forum and this is probably one of the reasons why it is often the only forum on here i skip on my visit to the forum as a whole. It really is quite annoying and i feel like i have wasted my time.

My solution is to actively encourage posters if they want to vent to put bad beat in the title, so others don't have to read it.

why do people have such a high opinion on the value of their own time? As a group most poker players are lazy slobs, so its not like reading the thread has impeded your life in anyway, yet they all act as though a huge travesty has just occured

Get a grip, read it and respond, or read it and move on. Its not rocket science.

Theres a lot of differing skill sections on this forum, and just because its obvious to world class professionals such as yourself that you should be happy to get it in with AA preflop, its not  so obvious why to newer players, so the "analysis" as you put it comes in different forms. People want to learn, and they wont be able to if there is a qualifying standard required in order to post.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2007, 04:02:51 PM »

I think the worst bad beat stories are the ones masquerading as something else. I don't get why people post in hand analysis after getting it allin with aces preflop and getting beaten, asking "did I play it right?". Are you cracked? 99.999999% of the time yes. Move along now! There's one of these daily.

If you must post a bad beat, I think a little moniker at the top of the post should elaborate on this. Just please stop the hidden bad beat postings pretending to be something they are not.

Cheers!

P.S. Forza Italia!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2007, 04:14:38 PM »

Ok i will accept that maybe im being a bit self important with that particualar line, but the top 3 posts on hand analysis board are not people asking for advice really. They are simply bad beat stories IMO. I will quite happily offer any advice to anyone who has a geniune question.

I am not sure where i have claimed to be a world class professional and have never said i am. Maybe you should be getting a grip.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 04:17:32 PM by Longy » Logged
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2007, 04:14:57 PM »

I think the worst bad beat stories are the ones masquerading as something else. I don't get why people post in hand analysis after getting it allin with aces preflop and getting beaten, asking "did I play it right?". Are you cracked? 99.999999% of the time yes. Move along now! There's one of these daily.

If you must post a bad beat, I think a little moniker at the top of the post should elaborate on this. Just please stop the hidden bad beat postings pretending to be something they are not.

Cheers!

P.S. Forza Italia!

Simply a comic genius

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: