blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 02:43:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I DON'T CARE!!!!!
Poll
Question: What needs to be done about bad beat posts?  (Voting closed: February 17, 2007, 10:05:09 AM)
I don't mind, they are fascinating. - 17 (16.3%)
Automatic 1 week suspension. - 5 (4.8%)
Banned for life. - 7 (6.7%)
Mods to add "bad beat" to title. - 23 (22.1%)
Mods to delete them. - 5 (4.8%)
Stop being such a saddo. - 29 (27.9%)
Stab offenders in the eye with a needle, see how they like it. - 18 (17.3%)
Total Voters: 80

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I DON'T CARE!!!!!  (Read 11875 times)
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2007, 02:33:38 AM »

IFM

The trouble is that some people genuinely want advice on a hand - a bad beat hand.

If you continue to harrass those people, then those people will feel threatened and may not post a hand for fear of being harrassed.

Hell, they may even think Blonde is "elitist" and go somehwere else!

(There is a hand in hand analysis board atm which may be a prime example)
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2007, 02:36:08 AM »

IFM
But do you think making such a public display of your annoyance for them is going to help.
As some people have already alluded to in this thread, they will continue to, if not increase the amount of BB posts they show on here now coz they know it winds you and others up. It is not something that the moderators will ever do anything about as (again like some ppl have said) its part and parcel of the game of poker! There are lots of things that annoy me (eg. TK) but you have to tolerate them!
Coz unfortunately they dont go away (eg. TK)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 02:42:36 AM by KingPoker » Logged

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2007, 02:41:50 AM »

I really do think that it's better to have a bad beat child board (i hate that there are so many boards already) than to have long established members having a pop at people for posting bad beats.
Which is more likely to put new members off?
Told to post in BB's or harrassed for posting one to begin with?

Fair point, but would the problem then not really be solved.

Bad beats would still get posted in , and members would still have a pop, this time saying that the thread should be moved.

As you say, too many boards is a bad thing, would the problem not be better addressed by simply encouraging folk not to have a go?

I've had the odd pop myself this week, but it's hard to argue with the "You don't like the thread, stop reading it, don't reply" way of looking at things.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2007, 02:44:50 AM »

I really do think that it's better to have a bad beat child board (i hate that there are so many boards already) than to have long established members having a pop at people for posting bad beats.
Which is more likely to put new members off?
Told to post in BB's or harrassed for posting one to begin with?

Fair point, but would the problem then not really be solved.

Bad beats would still get posted in , and members would still have a pop, this time saying that the thread should be moved.

As you say, too many boards is a bad thing, would the problem not be better addressed by simply encouraging folk not to have a go?

I've had the odd pop myself this week, but it's hard to argue with the "You don't like the thread, stop reading it, don't reply" way of looking at things.

And the Tank sees sense!!

Now just James to convince..................................... oh well, cant win em all Smiley
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2007, 02:46:44 AM »

IFM

The trouble is that some people genuinely want advice on a hand - a bad beat hand.

If you continue to harrass those people, then those people will feel threatened and may not post a hand for fear of being harrassed.

Hell, they may even think Blonde is "elitist" and go somehwere else!

(There is a hand in hand analysis board atm which may be a prime example)

Firstly i don't harrass anybody.
Secondly some people do, and will continue to, your solution of letting it continue doesn't actually do anything does it?
Blonde IS elitest BTW have you not noticed?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2007, 02:49:15 AM »

IFM
But do you think making such a public display of your annoyance for them is going to help.
As some people have already alluded to in this thread, they will continue to, if not increase the amount of BB posts they show on here now coz they know it winds you and others up. It is not something that the moderators will ever do anything about as (again like some ppl have said) its part and parcel of the game of poker! There are lots of things that annoy me (eg. TK) but you have to tolerate them!

Ahhh but what do you prefer?
Someone saying let's put BB in the thread title or someone taking the piss out of BB posts?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
KingPoker

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2007, 02:55:53 AM »

IFM

Ahhh but what do you prefer?
Someone saying let's put BB in the thread title or someone taking the piss out of BB posts?

As i havent or wont ever post BB's on here i find it hard to justify them BUT it doesnt bother me when people do. There is no need to harrass anyone if they do just smply click back to the forum and never open it up again.
But to answer your Q just put BB in the title. I'll still read it tho!  Grin

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2007, 03:11:04 AM »

I enjoy someone posting a BB thread, it opens them up as fair game.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
raab11

they call me the hat

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2007, 12:28:12 PM »

this is a poker forum, right?
bad beats happen in poker, right?

so wtf is the problem!!!!!

if we stop people posting because a few members get irritated by it there would be no f@$#in forum!!!!!

personally i enjoy reading the bb, especially when it turns out they werent really bad beats but piss poor play. however this isnt really the point, read them, dont read them enjoy the or hate them it doesn't matter, just let them be.

there are many threads more irritating, like the ive just won woooohooooo. in each case posters are looking for recognition either sympathy or congrats. at least both are poker related.

what about the ' look whats on channel 5' and threads of that ilk. do they annoy you, do you enjoy them, do you post on them, do you read them get irritated and move on or do you read them get irritated by them then post a thread and a poll trying to ban them?Huh?

I DONT CARE!!!!

"poker is like sex, everyone thinks they are the best but most don't know what they're doing"
Dutch Boyd
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2007, 12:39:32 PM »

IMO this is what should happen...

There should be a stickied thread in the Hand Analysis Section titled BAD BEATS. Either all bad beats go in there or some guidelines explaining bad beat posters that they should include bad beat in the title.

What ya funk?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 12:41:08 PM by Nemesis » Logged
barhell

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2007, 12:42:32 PM »

There are lots of threads on the forum that i do not want to read.
It isn't that hard to pick and choose.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2007, 12:48:06 PM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
KingPoker

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2007, 12:51:27 PM »

Grin

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2007, 01:02:47 PM »

The annoying thing is you only realise you do not want to read a bad beat after you have got to the end!

It isn't like maybe a thread in General with the title "Jade Goody gets stabbed" as most probably you do not want to read that stuff.

But when the title of the thread is "what would you do here" in the hand analysis board, and it has a player raising with AA getting pushed by 35o and losing - makes a big difference
KingPoker

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2007, 01:05:33 PM »

big difference to what though?? Your Life??

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: