blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:28:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1361 1362 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 1368 1369 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2213194 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20460 on: September 07, 2019, 06:55:50 AM »

The good news is that the chances that the clown you support gets a majority are still in double figures.

Yeah, not really though is it. I don’t have a bad bet at 7/4 and yet still i’m still invested in what I think is best for the county. You think austerity killing 10’s of thousands of people was a cause worthy of your support, it’s still killing people now, I like my side.

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/health-and-social-care-spending-cuts-linked-to-120000-excess-deaths-in-england/

What shite that is.

It even says no real conclusions are drawn.

Rising age demographic population. No reasons to WHY people were dying. Just some wishy washy number to make you feel better about not having a clue.

lol, a dog could interpret the given information better than that.

Go on then Fido......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20461 on: September 07, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »

Johnson's Dilemma

At Britain's looming election he cannot campaign fully for a No Deal because he'll alienate swing voters

But every time he says he wants a Deal he will alienate the Brexit Party voters, who overwhelmingly back No Deal

--

This is why delaying so the election is after 31 Oct is important to the "Rebel Alliance" It pincers him, and with it a lower chance of a Conservative majority

Really? They favour No Deal?

How extraordinary.

Just got in and not even going to read the rest before I respond.

What a load of bollocks.

Brexiteers want to leave the  EU. A good deal is great, but a no deal will have to do. It's not all they clamour for as you allude to.

I think Yr right about leave voters in general. Pretty sure the Brexit Party policy is no-deal. Certainly what you hear from Farage, Tice and Ms Mogg

sola virtus nobilitat
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #20462 on: September 07, 2019, 08:32:10 AM »

The good news is that the chances that the clown you support gets a majority are still in double figures.

Yeah, not really though is it. I don’t have a bad bet at 7/4 and yet still i’m still invested in what I think is best for the county. You think austerity killing 10’s of thousands of people was a cause worthy of your support, it’s still killing people now, I like my side.

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/health-and-social-care-spending-cuts-linked-to-120000-excess-deaths-in-england/

and to be clear, if you thought austerity through and still supported it, you do share some of the responsibility (usually a tiny bit obv).

It would be presumptive to class these deaths as avoidable (we have used the terms ‘additional’ or ‘excess’ to describe higher than expected numbers; however it is not possible to determine the extent to which these deaths may be entirely preventable)

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20463 on: September 07, 2019, 09:09:13 AM »

It will be another one he walks away from pops, we all know it.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20464 on: September 07, 2019, 09:18:27 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20465 on: September 07, 2019, 10:10:24 AM »

I’ve never walked away from discussing the issues raised in this thread. As I’ve said before, the only reason why I’m here is because I believe there’s merit in discussing these things.

This isn’t a bad analysis, for sure it’s highly possible/likely that not all 120,000 are attributed directly to what the government, lots of them are though.

https://fullfact.org/health/austerity-120000-unnecessary-deaths/

Apologies to Rick for the approach I took in that sequence of posts.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20466 on: September 07, 2019, 10:16:37 AM »

I’ve never walked away from discussing the issues raised in this thread. As I’ve said before, the only reason why I’m here is because I believe there’s merit in discussing these things.

This isn’t a bad analysis, for sure it’s highly possible/likely that not all 120,000 are attributed directly to what the government, lots of them are though.

also it’s worth noting the 120,000 is partially a projection, rather than being measured. The methodology appears to be sound enough though.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20467 on: September 07, 2019, 10:31:51 AM »

Sometimes, I am sure you just find a nice juicy headline and don't read the article at all.

Extracts from this document that"proves your point"

Restrictions on health and social care spending is one of a number of possible explanations for this, and the findings need to be treated with a bit of caution.

“There was a report this week, we are getting 120,000 unnecessary deaths every year in this country as a direct result of the austerity.”

Val McDermid, 16 November 2017 (isn't Val a fiction writer???)

While lower growth in health and social care spending since 2010 may be behind the increase in deaths, these findings should be treated with caution as the research doesn’t prove this is the case. Reduced spending is one of a number of possible explanations for the results.

Older people accounted for more of these additional deaths, with deaths at care homes and at home contributing most to the estimated additional deaths. Deaths in hospital were lower than expected. The authors put this down to greater pressures on social care spending, but also a drive to move more patients reaching the end of possible health treatments out of hospital.
Lets think about this one a bit. Deaths were actually LOWER in hospitals. People sent off to care home, where they are looked after by Care Assistants, not Nurses. Hmm, what do we think the outcome is likely to be?

I struggle to see your headline 120,000 additional deaths due to austerity being in any way substantiated by this article..even the article questions its own numbers!

NEXT!

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #20468 on: September 07, 2019, 10:39:26 AM »

Sometimes, I am sure you just find a nice juicy headline and don't read the article at all.

Restrictions on health and social care spending is one of a number of possible explanations for this, and the findings need to be treated with a bit of caution.

“There was a report this week, we are getting 120,000 unnecessary deaths every year in this country as a direct result of the austerity.”

While lower growth in health and social care spending since 2010 may be behind the increase in deaths, these findings should be treated with caution as the research doesn’t prove this is the case. Reduced spending is one of a number of possible explanations for the results.

Older people accounted for more of these additional deaths, with deaths at care homes and at home contributing most to the estimated additional deaths. Deaths in hospital were lower than expected. The authors put this down to greater pressures on social care spending, but also a drive to move more patients reaching the end of possible health treatments out of hospital.
Lets think about this one a bit. Deaths were actually LOWER in hospitals. People sent off to care home, where they are looked after by Care Assistants, not Nurses. Hmm, what do we think the outcome is likely to be?

I struggle to see your headline 120,000 additional deaths due to austerity being in any way substantiated by this article..even the article questions its own numbers!

NEXT!

It goes without saying that I don’t think you understand. I am happy to try and do a better job of explaining if you’d like?
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #20469 on: September 07, 2019, 10:55:41 AM »

No worries KuKu.

We'll see in next couple of months if 7/4 was a mug bet or not.

Johnson will spin any delays to declare himself as the peoples champion and push that line until you are sick of hearing it.

He may well have the last laugh from an election perspective.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20470 on: September 07, 2019, 11:08:53 AM »

The price of a pint of beer in Wetherspoon pubs is being cut by an average of 20p from today as an example of how leaving the Customs Union can reduce costs, the company has announced

I have a couple of issues with this

I really don't understand why the Wetherspoons Board of Directors (particular independent non-executives) is allowing their Chairman to shape business communications based on his personal political hobby horse.

1. The UK has not left the Customs Union;
2. The Custom's Union tariff on beer is 0%.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20471 on: September 07, 2019, 11:12:22 AM »

Soames has been giving his view on JRM to the times

https://t.co/QKXN4xYku5?amp=1

I wonder if the JRM stuff particularly that night when many of us were transfixed to BBC Parliament, he was upbraided by Bercow and then lounged horizontally which went viral on social and attracted much comment will stick?

He subsequently had to apologise for comparing an eminent neurologist to the notorious anti-vaxxer Dr Wakefield and was pulled from government engagements this weekend

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #20472 on: September 07, 2019, 11:14:03 AM »

NEXT!

It goes without saying that I don’t think you understand. I am happy to try and do a better job of explaining if you’d like?

Carry on Rover, so far you haven't convinced anyone.

Oh, please keep up with the condescending put downs, it highlights your nice guy attributes.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20473 on: September 07, 2019, 11:28:05 AM »

The price of a pint of beer in Wetherspoon pubs is being cut by an average of 20p from today as an example of how leaving the Customs Union can reduce costs, the company has announced

I really don't understand why the Wetherspoons Board of Directors (particular independent non-executives) is allowing their Chairman to shape business communications based on his personal political hobby horse.

Did you have a problem understanding the numerous other boards who allowed their senior people to do the same..except from a remain perspective

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #20474 on: September 07, 2019, 11:32:19 AM »

I don't mind Martin's brexit hobby as long as he keeps selling bottles of British brewed Blue moon at £1.99 to make his point.  He dumped the euro wheat beers for this one and a couple of others and made a big stand on price.   Long may it continue.
Pages: 1 ... 1361 1362 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 1368 1369 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: