blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:37:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179581 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2010, 10:53:02 AM »

PS  Apologies for the constant chatter and giggling, but that's me. 

it is?

Not how I remember you.

Me neither. Talking, no.

Snoring like a Warthog...now that sounds more like it!!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 15, 2010, 11:02:10 AM »

Oi!!!!  Nobody's perfect ffs!   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 15, 2010, 04:59:53 PM »

Laxie Taxi's at yer service.  Yep.  It's that time of year again.  Gaelic Football season has started for the girls and Sarah's first U14 match is tonight.  But before we hit the pitch at 7, she must go to some hip hop dance class from 5 - 6.  Marv. 

From now til November we run around the countryside visiting various villages I've never heard of and couldn't even begin to pronounce.  Makes for great amusement with the locals when I'm lost and ask for directions.  Glutton for punishment, I take no notice if the smirks and giggles and eventually find someone who can stay composed just long enough to give me said directions.  Followed by roars of laughter.  Sigh. 

Anyway, tonight isn't too bad as it's their home pitch.  I know where that is and can just about pronounce it.  Lily has seen loads of matches throughout the years and tonight Cassie will be joining us too.  Trip report upon our return. 

Gooooooooo Dromtarriffe!!!!     

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2010, 05:41:15 PM »

Lovin the vids chick, just hearing you giggle makes me miss yer.

Looks glorious over there ... room for me a and a wee one, one weekend he he

x

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2010, 05:52:27 PM »

x

Yer always more than welcome ya goose!!!  See ya soon!  xx

HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2010, 11:11:18 PM »

x

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

“Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.”  Ralph Waldo Emerson
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2010, 11:49:52 PM »

x

OMG Mich loose in Knocknagree -- bit like putting the gamekeeper in charge of the Pheasants

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2010, 01:04:21 AM »

Had a great time tonight.  Dromtarriffe crushed a city team called Mallow.  Was great to watch at first, but bordered on embarrassing in the end.  Mallow was given permission to use unlimited subs for the second half.  lol 

Ah well, that's one down and marked up as a win.  Don't ask me the score.  We lost count in the end and I didn't have the heart to ask the ref while the other coach was stood there. 

Sarah about to clash with #9 from Mallow's team

Click to see full-size image.

Cassie looking on

Half time chat

My neighbour minds Jessica and her small brothers now and then.  Jessica's taken a bit of a shine to Cassie.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2010, 01:27:25 AM »

Lily loves going to matches.  She's spent her entire life going to them and is spoilt rotten by all the kids at each one.  We don't take her to away games, because the drives are sometimes too long to keep her cooped up.  But she's well known and adored by the locals.

Today was Cassie's first proper outing.  She's not been around more than maybe half a dozen kids at a time because I didn't want to make her nervous.  Well, she was put to the test today and passed with flying colours!  Myself and the pair sat in the grass watching the match and she really was interested.  All that bothered Lily was who was going to pet her next, but Cassie wanted to know when she'd get a run with the team.  If a group of kids walked up to us, she'd humour them and accept their rubs.  All the while looking over their shoulder - trying to get a glimpse of the action on the pitch. 

Once we got home, myself and Sarah took them to 'their field' for one last tear around before the sun went down.  She thought I'd been a bit daft to land with TWO big dogs to a match, but they did her proud and Sarah was delighted they were there in the end.  And so was I.

HOLDorFOLD

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2010, 01:28:29 AM »

x

OMG Mich loose in Knocknagree -- bit like putting the gamekeeper in charge of the Pheasants

Sigh - two rub downs, on two different threads in two different forums in the same night

THIS IS WAR!!!!!!!!

Those heels are gonna getcha  Tongue

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2010, 08:23:51 AM »

would the game not be easier if you didn't have both teams in the same colour?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2010, 11:50:10 AM »

LOL -- Looks like Sarah's right hand is about to deliver a beaut of an uppercut to the #9

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2010, 11:53:46 AM »

'Cassie looking on'

LOL like the dog gives a fk about a game of football. Probably scouting out in case she gets a surprise root from a labrador behind
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2010, 12:06:05 PM »

Those heels are gonna getcha  Tongue

Wilkinson Sword titanium waistcoat on order.......

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2010, 12:18:47 PM »

Sarah's definitely her mother's daughter.   #9 from Mallow was our biggest threat...and Sarah was her marker.  Wink

Can't remember how many teams they play with similar uniform, but the yellow of this lot spilt the difference.  In other matches, they flip a coin and one of the teams must wear their tops inside out.  I kid ya not.  Girl's football in Ireland just about survives thanks to the dedication of the people involved.  But when it comes to home and away kits - they're just lucky to have a kit - and happily make due with what they get.  

From the minute the dogs got out of the car, Lily was bursting with excitement.  She knew what she was there for.  Oodles of pets and cuddles.  Cassie picked up on this and was wagging her tail wondering what's up.  Once the match started though, she couldn't take her eyes off it.

The video gets a bit dark for some unknown reason about 10 seconds in, but rights itself again soon enough.  Kept me mouth shut this time.  Until the end that is, when Lily left out a bark because I wouldn't let her move closer to a potential cuddles target.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:21:19 PM by Laxie » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: