blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 06:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  help with omaha hi-lo
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: help with omaha hi-lo  (Read 1987 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 02:57:53 PM »

maybe in a $3 tournament betting the river is ok because people will be bad and call with worse/no-hands etc.

betting this river against anyone competent without a very good reason to is a huge mistake and where I get a lot of my edge in split pot games.

really though? everyone ive asked all said its super standard raise?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 03:06:45 PM »

maybe in a $3 tournament betting the river is ok because people will be bad and call with worse/no-hands etc.

betting this river against anyone competent without a very good reason to is a huge mistake and where I get a lot of my edge in split pot games.

it's horrible. you should never be getting called by worse.

you might get A2xx to fold, but it doesn't matter because you quarter them anyway so you don't mind if they call, but then you hate your life when they pull the trigger and jam.

that's all in a vacuum ofc, there might be good reasons to with history, etc etc.
spence

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 03:12:24 PM »

given the action you're getting 3 quartered by one hand, A288 (maybe A258 as well)  and there's a ton of hands that will bet for value and call the raise.  I see your general point about it being really bad when they do have you 3/4 and come back over the top, but a) with this action and board its incredibly unlikely for him to have you beat, and b) this is less of a problem in tournaments generally as tournament stacks will restrict the 3b to being less than full pot.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 04:13:31 PM »

lol wat?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 05:05:18 PM »

it's horrible. you should never be getting called by worse.

you might get A2xx to fold, but it doesn't matter because you quarter them anyway so you don't mind if they call, but then you hate your life when they pull the trigger and jam.

that's all in a vacuum ofc, there might be good reasons to with history, etc etc.

People play PLO8 the abs worst, you're getting called by trips, worse flushes, straights, two pair hands and even just the nut low with no high. Besides, you pot A3xx (where xx makes you a full house) right? People never fold A-2 in my experience, flatting this river is akin to burning money, are you only going to raise nut-nut hands on the river? Really?

Spence, our equity on the flop isn't huge here and getting c/raised makes us hate life. The most important thing imo about PLO8 is being prepared to check back flops a lot of the time when we don't have ridic strong hands. We don't want people folding their worse low draws on the flop if they don't have anything else.

spence

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »

Spence, our equity on the flop isn't huge here and getting c/raised makes us hate life. The most important thing imo about PLO8 is being prepared to check back flops a lot of the time when we don't have ridic strong hands. We don't want people folding their worse low draws on the flop if they don't have anything else.

I don't disagree with any of this, but here we've 3b pre and got a flop that should fit our 3b range pretty well, while stacks are awkward for him to checkraise.  I just don't think we get checkraised here very often at all, esp in a tournament and esp in a low-buyin tourney.  And betting means lots of good things can happen.  We're happy if he just folds, we can take free card or barrel turn depending, and the pot bloat in position with plenty of money behind favours us.

Had we flatted pre and been led into then i would just flat this flop.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 02:21:20 AM »

Once you have 3b pre, bet flop turn and river. As played raise river
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 02:23:01 AM by Dubai » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: