blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:15:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Wimbledon 2015
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon 2015  (Read 23743 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2015, 01:51:38 AM »

I'm with you, MintTrav  thumbs up

Didn't really come across as all that needy, just superstitious Cheesy

Don't know that much about her, but have never heard anything bad, and thought she came across well enough.

I'm talking about during her play. She looked like a bag of nerves for much of the match today. She kept having to look to her coach/sister/mother and whoever else to reassure her that she'll be ok.

You'd think having been in this spot so many times, she'd have absolute and supreme confidence.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2015, 01:54:51 AM »

Can fed actually go off fav tomorrow?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2015, 01:59:05 AM »

Don't know that much about her, but have never heard anything bad, and thought she came across well enough.

I'm talking about during her play. She looked like a bag of nerves for much of the match today. She kept having to look to her coach/sister/mother and whoever else to reassure her that she'll be ok.

You'd think having been in this spot so many times, she'd have absolute and supreme confidence.

Time kicking on, she's chasing Steffi Graf, and obv wanted to do the 'Serena Slam', whatever that is.

She's been giving the BBC staff 'No, No, No' everytime they tried to mention it through the tournament.

Didn't notice that she did anything different from most of the other players. Apart from win Smiley

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2015, 02:07:51 AM »

Time kicking on, she's chasing Steffi Graf, and obv wanted to do the 'Serena Slam', whatever that is.

She's been giving the BBC staff 'No, No, No' everytime they tried to mention it through the tournament.

Didn't notice that she did anything different from most of the other players. Apart from win Smiley

The difference is she's in her mid 30s and won 20 grand slams.

He opponent was 21 and in her first grand slam final. She had every reason to be nervous.

I don't remember Steffi, Martina, Chrissy or Henin needing such reassurance.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2015, 02:15:30 AM »

I don't think there's a sportsperson I dislike more and funk against more than her (maybe even including John Terry). She might well be a lovely person IRL, but I'm always cheering on the opponent.

One for the irrational dislike thread, I suppose.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2015, 02:18:16 AM »

LOL, Tal Grin

Definitely.

Similar to my funking against Hendry back in the day, for no other reason than I was a White fanboy.

The difference is she's in her mid 30s and won 20 grand slams.

He opponent was 21 and in her first grand slam final. She had every reason to be nervous.

I don't remember Steffi, Martina, Chrissy or Henin needing such reassurance.

As I said, feeling the pressure of being so close, maybe.

Only she knows, we can but speculate.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2015, 02:22:33 AM »

I don't think there's a sportsperson I dislike more and funk against more than her (maybe even including John Terry). She might well be a lovely person IRL, but I'm always cheering on the opponent.

One for the irrational dislike thread, I suppose.

She is like a female Richard Kraijcek.

Only better.

Her matches are extremely boring. She overpowers the opponents but has very little finesse.

And she is such a sore loser. Her behaviour when she lost to Sloane Stephens in Sydney was outrageous. She acts like a spoilt 12 year old.

So not irrational at all. Smiley

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2015, 01:01:46 PM »

Quite incredible Fed is nearly fav.  Big over reaction to him destroying Murray's second serve and serving like a god himself.  Big ask to do the same against the greatest in the world for me.  Would love to see him win apart from financial reasons but i just can't have this as a 50/50 game.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2015, 01:09:05 PM »

Quite - I'm not sure I've ever seem one performance skew the odds so much.  That said - I'd still love him to win but the value is surely with Djokovic.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2015, 02:14:29 PM »

Arod needs some serious lessons on dressing himself from Henman.  Can't believe Timmy (the best dressed man on TV) didn't take him to his local tailor to get kitted out for the week.  All week Arod has looked like he just got out of bed.  His tie knot today is awful and his shirt doesn't fit him.  You can take the boy out of Nebraska......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »

Arod needs some serious lessons on dressing himself from Henman.  Can't believe Timmy (the best dressed man on TV) didn't take him to his local tailor to get kitted out for the week.  All week Arod has looked like he just got out of bed.  His tie knot today is awful and his shirt doesn't fit him.  You can take the boy out of Nebraska......

what a pundit though

fantastic insights compared to most of them

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2015, 02:23:33 PM »

what a pundit though

fantastic insights compared to most of them

Oh definitely.  He is great.  Very honest and funny.  BBC need a serious clear out of their team for me.  Castle, Barker, Lloyd and the most tilting of all, Gary Richardson the interviewer.  How tilting is he seriously?  How hasn't he been fired years ago?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2015, 02:26:07 PM »

worse than all those (and castle in particular is like long nails on a blackboard)

john inverdale on front line commentary

just no

oh and that evening round up programme with balding. what a horrible format

give me roddick, mcenroe and revamp the rest. henman is ok i suppose

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2015, 02:30:26 PM »

worse than all those (and castle in particular is like long nails on a blackboard)

john inverdale on front line commentary

just no

oh and that evening round up programme with balding. what a horrible format

give me roddick, mcenroe and revamp the rest. henman is ok i suppose

Becker is a big miss as well for me.  Inverdale is just an old school racist/sexist gag away from being fired.  I thought a couple of times this week he was about to drop himself in it again but seemed to bluff his way out of a hole he was digging for himself.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2015, 02:32:49 PM »

I never normally watch much of it, because I'm in Vegas.

This year I've watched most days, and didn't even know who Roddick was at first Cheesy

Definitely enjoy listening to McEnroe, and was actually surprised at how well Henman/Roddick worked together.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: