blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make you STRONG
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 ... 282 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make you STRONG  (Read 541379 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: March 07, 2018, 12:06:56 AM »

Niiiiice benching from Matt lately. and the DL.

Speed and pause DLs last week for me, feeling pretty good to be honest.

Going in today with the thought process of some heavier squats but will see how I feel, three really sedentary days makes me feel very achey so will have to see where I am at when I am in there. If not will do some pauses with some volume.

Feel pretty good about being flexible with training lately. Just looking to make progress across the board with tension still as opposed to weight, but definitely feel things moving quicker/smoother/easier than it has over the last few months. Very pleasing.

How did the heavy squatting go?

I'm still at 80kg but I've added in quite a bit of extra work to try to build up. Not overly confident about hitting any big numbers but my quads are definitely improving.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: March 07, 2018, 12:29:06 AM »

Fuming!! Just typed out a long post and lost it when my internet dropped out. Bastard!!

Anyway cliffs are basically that I'm going to lose a bit of weight leading up to a Vegas trip in 6 weeks.

I'm not fat but I've been eating a lot for the last few weeks and could do with a break from eating so much. Just going to cut out the extras I'd added in to gain weight so a few pittas will go, eggs down to 3 from 4, fewer protein bars and no huge carb day Friday and Saturday, all very simple.

06/03/2018 - 103.3kg (16st 4lb), waist 37"

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: March 07, 2018, 08:12:13 AM »

Niiiiice benching from Matt lately. and the DL.

Speed and pause DLs last week for me, feeling pretty good to be honest.

Going in today with the thought process of some heavier squats but will see how I feel, three really sedentary days makes me feel very achey so will have to see where I am at when I am in there. If not will do some pauses with some volume.

Feel pretty good about being flexible with training lately. Just looking to make progress across the board with tension still as opposed to weight, but definitely feel things moving quicker/smoother/easier than it has over the last few months. Very pleasing.

How did the heavy squatting go?

I'm still at 80kg but I've added in quite a bit of extra work to try to build up. Not overly confident about hitting any big numbers but my quads are definitely improving.

I read the plan wrong, it was tempo and pause work. Went vvvvv well, had 5 second holds at 70 with no bounce coming out vvvv pleased.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: March 07, 2018, 08:20:02 AM »

Fuming!! Just typed out a long post and lost it when my internet dropped out. Bastard!!

Anyway cliffs are basically that I'm going to lose a bit of weight leading up to a Vegas trip in 6 weeks.

I'm not fat but I've been eating a lot for the last few weeks and could do with a break from eating so much. Just going to cut out the extras I'd added in to gain weight so a few pittas will go, eggs down to 3 from 4, fewer protein bars and no huge carb day Friday and Saturday, all very simple.

06/03/2018 - 103.3kg (16st 4lb), waist 37"

How sad is it when the big high carb days have to go. I have taken mine out for the last two weeks, see where we get too. I will add one in when I feel a bit beat up.

I think I am embarking on my first real Vegas trip this year, will double check. But if I will it will be the second week of June which is only 12/13ish weeks away. So that does seem a nice line in the sand to work towards if true.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: March 07, 2018, 11:01:35 AM »

Make it the 3rd week, and cheat dinner on me Smiley

Just been and had a sports massage, and hopefully that's my neck/back sorted now.

He said my neck and shoulders were very tight, and that one of my ribs was out of place, too.

Hurts, but definitely feel much better after it has been done.

Can't train Friday, so doing a shoulders/back workout tomorrow, and then it's Cheltenham.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: March 07, 2018, 01:20:43 PM »

Just been and had a sports massage, and hopefully that's my neck/back sorted now.

He said my neck and shoulders were very tight, and that one of my ribs was out of place, too.

Can't train Friday, so doing a shoulders/back workout tomorrow, and then it's Cheltenham.

Could be a very big meal!

One of life's great frustrations is when you get added tension in your neck. Don't know about you but completely throws everything off.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: March 07, 2018, 02:04:02 PM »

Could be a very big meal!

One of life's great frustrations is when you get added tension in your neck. Don't know about you but completely throws everything off.

Not a problem, I overdose on red meat in the summer Cheesy

I don't notice it as much, because I'm bouncing all over the place anyway, lol.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: March 09, 2018, 04:22:02 PM »

DLs today. Hamstring felt a bit tweaky from doing ham curls yesterday  (working on not throwing my hips up) so I think I just used them more than normal.

3x5 140 which felt comfortable but really want to be pushing 160+ for these. We shall see over the next few weeks.

OHP swapped to a different day now. Edited my movements around a bit to try to give a bit of variety plus make it a but more efficient for me, i.e. after heavy DL most movements are supported in some way.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: March 09, 2018, 05:32:21 PM »

DLs today. Hamstring felt a bit tweaky from doing ham curls yesterday  (working on not throwing my hips up) so I think I just used them more than normal.

3x5 140 which felt comfortable but really want to be pushing 160+ for these. We shall see over the next few weeks.

OHP swapped to a different day now. Edited my movements around a bit to try to give a bit of variety plus make it a but more efficient for me, i.e. after heavy DL most movements are supported in some way.

I did DL last night. Target was 8 x 3 at 140kg which I thought would be well within limits if I had decent breaks but it proved to be quite tricky.

I'd done my heavy BoR with 3 x 6 @ 110kg plus RDL at 120kg for 3 x 6 so I guess hoping for those deadlifts as well was a bit much. Probbaly need to split my DL and DL accessory days or go significantly lighter on accessories if I want to do them first. Definitely need to make a change somewhere.

What's your thinking about a meet up? There was talk of Sunday 18th as a possibility. How's that for you? I might be suffering the tail end of a 48hr Cheltenham hangover but other than that I should be able to make it.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: March 09, 2018, 06:29:25 PM »

I did DL last night. Target was 8 x 3 at 140kg which I thought would be well within limits if I had decent breaks but it proved to be quite tricky.

I'd done my heavy BoR with 3 x 6 @ 110kg plus RDL at 120kg for 3 x 6 so I guess hoping for those deadlifts as well was a bit much. Probbaly need to split my DL and DL accessory days or go significantly lighter on accessories if I want to do them first. Definitely need to make a change somewhere.

What's your thinking about a meet up? There was talk of Sunday 18th as a possibility. How's that for you? I might be suffering the tail end of a 48hr Cheltenham hangover but other than that I should be able to make it.

I'm pretty spent post DL, so I do like to split it up, but I do 4 full body days anyway, so everything is split.

Next weekend in LDN for the weekend, the rugby tied in with St Paddys day seems an opportunity I cant miss. Can do the week after if anyone is around? But if its set in stone can jump in on the next one?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: March 09, 2018, 08:38:41 PM »

I'm going to be carbed up to the max, so a good idea in theory, but won't be able to get up the line now.

My trainer is going away for a week in a couple months, so if I find out when he's gone and popping up the weekend before he gets back would mean I'm well rested for a hiding off you lot.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: March 10, 2018, 07:49:31 PM »

Bench PR attempt today. I was uber confident going in, no injuries, body felt good, prep was good, no excuses if I miss.

Lifts went:

20 x 10
60 x 8
80 x 3
100 x 2
115 x 1
125 x 1
137.5 x 1
147.5 x 1

I planned the lifts out so that I'd get to a PR fairly quickly but without too big a step anywhere. The big worry I had was 137.5kg. I've tried 135kg a couple of times in the last two months and both times failed so I was worried I may stumble a bit there. Anyway when I went for it it absolutely flew up. I'd planned on adjusting my max attempt if 137.5 didn't move well but as it did I just thought I'd go for it.

Anyway on to the PR attempt and unfortunately I missed it Sad

It was reasonably close but alas I needed a spot so my PR stays at 145kg for now. Tried it a second time and it didn't move as far so that was it I was spent. Probably should've dropped down to try 145 again but I've done that before so didn't seem worth it.

To be honest I was surprised I didn't do it. I really expected to hit it and then have a go at 150kg for a nice round number.

I guess with hindsight it was quite a jump from my recent PR which is only 132.5kg. The 145kg was back in August so maybe I should've reset and gone a bit lighter. Knowing how easily 137.5 moved I'm sure 140 and maybe even 142.5 would've gone up. Also my programme has been based around my recent max of about 135 so my lead up wasn't as heavy as it would've been had I based it on 145.

I think my best bet is to just forget the 145kg PR and start again at 137.5kg. Next time I run the programme I'll set that as my max and aim to improve from that.

Have to say I was very disappointed but I'm over it now.

The good news is the planned diet I was starting today can now go f**k itself. I'm going to keep eating and keep working on that bench press number. I can take a positive that I hit more than I've recently failed at so I'm definitely stronger that I have been recently. Just got to figure out how to squeeze out those extra few kgs.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 07:51:18 PM by EvilPie » Logged

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: March 12, 2018, 09:47:04 PM »

Bench PR attempt today. I was uber confident going in, no injuries, body felt good, prep was good, no excuses if I miss.

Lifts went:

20 x 10
60 x 8
80 x 3
100 x 2
115 x 1
125 x 1
137.5 x 1
147.5 x 1

I planned the lifts out so that I'd get to a PR fairly quickly but without too big a step anywhere. The big worry I had was 137.5kg. I've tried 135kg a couple of times in the last two months and both times failed so I was worried I may stumble a bit there. Anyway when I went for it it absolutely flew up. I'd planned on adjusting my max attempt if 137.5 didn't move well but as it did I just thought I'd go for it.

Anyway on to the PR attempt and unfortunately I missed it Sad

It was reasonably close but alas I needed a spot so my PR stays at 145kg for now. Tried it a second time and it didn't move as far so that was it I was spent. Probably should've dropped down to try 145 again but I've done that before so didn't seem worth it.

To be honest I was surprised I didn't do it. I really expected to hit it and then have a go at 150kg for a nice round number.

I guess with hindsight it was quite a jump from my recent PR which is only 132.5kg. The 145kg was back in August so maybe I should've reset and gone a bit lighter. Knowing how easily 137.5 moved I'm sure 140 and maybe even 142.5 would've gone up. Also my programme has been based around my recent max of about 135 so my lead up wasn't as heavy as it would've been had I based it on 145.

I think my best bet is to just forget the 145kg PR and start again at 137.5kg. Next time I run the programme I'll set that as my max and aim to improve from that.

Have to say I was very disappointed but I'm over it now.

The good news is the planned diet I was starting today can now go f**k itself. I'm going to keep eating and keep working on that bench press number. I can take a positive that I hit more than I've recently failed at so I'm definitely stronger that I have been recently. Just got to figure out how to squeeze out those extra few kgs.

V annoying, how close was 147.5?

Hows wrist and elbows been lately?

Maybe just have a slight break from the 1-5 range and get some volume in? Mentally can help just backing off a bit.

iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: March 12, 2018, 09:50:03 PM »

3x5 Squats today, 100/110/115. That 115 got me, last rep was a leg shaker. Nudging a little lower in depth but do lose a bit of control. Defo don't want to bounce so need to watch that going forward.

4x8e Lunge 50kg- this is always pretty tough but post 115 squat felt vvvv tough.

3x6 LPD, one of my biggest breakthroughs over the last few months is focusing in on tension the the lats not arms during these. And really feeling it through the back now, not 100% of the time, still probably 50-60% but when I do I really feel it, where as before I just couldn't feel it anywhere other than shoulders and arms.

Some more general accessory work and me done.

In for 3x5 bench tomorrow I think, 3x5 Chins on Thursday (looking at 16-18kg I think) and 3x5 DL on Friday hoping to push the 150 mark.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: March 13, 2018, 04:19:47 PM »

V annoying, how close was 147.5?

Hows wrist and elbows been lately?

Maybe just have a slight break from the 1-5 range and get some volume in? Mentally can help just backing off a bit.

Got to my usual sticking spot which is about 6" off the chest then just lost all my horsepower and pretty much died.

Wrist and elbows give me intermittent pain but they don't affect how much I can press at all. They cause more problems on pull ups and heavy rows than anything else at the moment.

Not sure what to do yet but thinking of running the programme again. I definitely got stronger from it and I really enjoyed it so I don't feel desperate for a change.

Thinking of maybe starting with incline bench for 3 x 5 + an AMRAP then move on to the bench pre-fatigued to run the programme again.

Quite like the look of this especially as it gives me another chance to test in 5 weeks before I go away.

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 ... 282 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: