blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 09:36:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272712 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 167984 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 01, 2016, 10:22:27 AM »

259 of 668 remain in Event #53: $1500 Mixed PLO/8; Omaha 8/8; and Big O

Monnette, Mizrachi and Leah in the top 10

a player who used to play in the UK a lot, Woody Deck in 11th

can't see much British presence in this, will need to see the end of play official list

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 01, 2016, 10:24:43 AM »

starting today

Event #54: $888 Crazy Eights 8-Handed No-Limit Hold'em

"what is it?" i thought to myself

well its merely 8 handed, but branded/sponsored by 888

"On Friday, July 1, the 2016 World Series of Poker will host Event #54: $888 Crazy Eights 8-Handed No-Limit Hold'em. The tournament, which will feature re-entries over four starting flights, is guaranteeing a $888,888 first-place prize. So it's no surprise it's one of the most popular additions to this year's schedule.

"You should recall we ran a $777 event last year," said Seth Palansky, WSOP vice president of corporate communication. "That concept really came because we wanted to offer another affordable buy-in event but have it stand out from others. Then Ty Stewart and Jack Effel thought, for this year, we should try to have an affordable buy-in event that also played short-handed – or relatively short-handed.  So this concept got settled around an 8-handed event, which we don’t believe has been done at this point. So once you are playing 8-handed, then the leap to making it $888 was pretty easy."

What to Expect

The $888 Crazy Eights event, which was named one of the five best tournaments for first-time players by USA Today, marks the first time in WSOP history that a sub-$1,500 buy-in event will be run eight-handed.

Here's a look at the event schedule:

Flight A – Friday, July 1 at 10:00 am.
    Flight B – Friday, July 1 at 4:00 pm.
    Flight C – Saturday, July 2 at 10;00 am.
    Flight D – Saturday, July 2 at 4:00 pm.

The plan for each day is to start players with 5,000 in starting chips and play 18, 30-minute levels. If a player is eliminated, they may elect to re-enter any remaining flight (max one entry per flight).

Survivors from all four flights will then return for Day 2 on Sunday, July 3 at 2 pm. for 10, 60-minute levels. From there, two more days of action will take place with the event expected to conclude on Tuesday, July 5."

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 01, 2016, 10:29:59 AM »

starting today

"On Friday, July 1, the 2016 World Series of Poker will host Event #54: $888 Crazy Eights 8-Handed No-Limit Hold'em. The tournament, which will feature re-entries over four starting flights, is guaranteeing a $888,888 first-place prize. So it's no surprise it's one of the most popular additions to this year's schedule.

"You should recall we ran a $777 event last year," said Seth Palansky, WSOP vice president of corporate communication. "That concept really came because we wanted to offer another affordable buy-in event but have it stand out from others. Then Ty Stewart and Jack Effel thought, for this year, we should try to have an affordable buy-in event that also played short-handed – or relatively short-handed.  So this concept got settled around an 8-handed event, which we don’t believe has been done at this point. So once you are playing 8-handed, then the leap to making it $888 was pretty easy."

What to Expect

The $888 Crazy Eights event, which was named one of the five best tournaments for first-time players by USA Today, marks the first time in WSOP history that a sub-$1,500 buy-in event will be run eight-handed.

The plan for each day is to start players with 5,000 in starting chips and play 18, 30-minute levels. If a player is eliminated, they may elect to re-enter any remaining flight (max one entry per flight).

Survivors from all four flights will then return for Day 2 on Sunday, July 3 at 2 pm. for 10, 60-minute levels. From there, two more days of action will take place with the event expected to conclude on Tuesday, July 5."

Beautifully timed for my trip.  10am start and done by early evening sounds perfect or someone adjusting to vegas time.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2016, 04:18:23 PM »

259 of 668 remain in Event #53: $1500 Mixed PLO/8; Omaha 8/8; and Big O

Monnette, Mizrachi and Leah in the top 10

a player who used to play in the UK a lot, Woody Deck in 11th

can't see much British presence in this, will need to see the end of play official list

Happy to help out.

UK flagged players from the list - 207 left, 101 paid, ave stack 24,200

80th Warren Colman 25,000
86th Paul Johnson 23,925 (my mate from another forum)
99th Jonathan Wong 21,575
141st Usman Siddique 13,650
204th Simon Trumper 3,400
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 02, 2016, 10:26:39 AM »

Event #51: $10,000 8-Handed Pot-Limit Omaha Championship

6 left headed into day 4 led by Brandon Shack Harris

Max Silver finished 12th

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 02, 2016, 10:30:04 AM »

31 of 1125 remain in Event #52: $3000 No-Limit Hold'em

4 British Players in the 31

James Akenhead 6th
Simon Deadman 14th
Daniel Rudd 17th
Michael Kane 24th

finishers

Paul Vas Nunes 40th
Alex Goulder 41st
Alex Ward 47th
Stephen Chidwick 82nd
Craig McCorkell 84th
Chun Law 90th
Robert Tinnion 97th
Talal Shakerchi 98th

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 02, 2016, 10:31:26 AM »

Niall Farrell finished runner up in Event #50: $1500 Shootout No-Limit Hold'em for $163,000. Very well done

Daniel McAuley finished 7th
Danny Tang finished 8th

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 02, 2016, 10:33:26 AM »

30 of 668 remain in the PLO Trifecta Event #53: $1500 Mixed PLO/8; Omaha 8/8; and Big O

Usman Siddique from London is in 11th

Jon Wong finished 48th
Warren Colman finished 88th

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 02, 2016, 10:35:08 AM »

three flights are underway in Event #54: $888 Crazy Eights 8-Handed No-Limit Hold'em

73 of 1525 remain in a, Andrew Teng the only UK player listed

news on the others to follow

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 02, 2016, 12:24:55 PM »

Cashes and chip counts for Flight B of the Crazy Eights tourney can be found here:

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/reports.asp?grid=1232&tid=14954&dayof=149542

http://www.wsop.com/pdfs/reports/14954/Ev54-Flight-B-Chip-Counts.pdf

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 02, 2016, 05:33:48 PM »

I've not noticed Barry Greenstein mentioned on any updates.

He's usually a fixture, I hope he's okay.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 02, 2016, 06:15:46 PM »

starting today

What to Expect

How much do 888 put into the prize pool or donate to charity to sponsor this event?

What do the players get from 888 for playing in it?   Anyone know?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 02, 2016, 06:45:24 PM »

Seen him a good few times over the last month Ralph, playing most of the WSOP events as far I can tell.

Looking a little older, smaller, grumpier & greyer, but otherwise seems his normal self. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 02, 2016, 07:01:08 PM »

starting today

What to Expect

How much do 888 put into the prize pool or donate to charity to sponsor this event?

What do the players get from 888 for playing in it?   Anyone know?

Hi Greg,

888 do not put any money directly in the Prize Pool, or donate anything to charity for the "$888 Crazy Eights Event".

They are partners/sponsors of the WSOP 2016 as a whole, not specifically this event, so they may have paid a fee for sponsoring rights of the SERIES, but not this event. At least, not officially, anyway.

I would imagine that as part of their overall WSOP 2016 sponsorship/partnership deal, this $888 Crazy Eight events was "suggested" & formed part of the deal.   

Note the event is not sponsored by 888.com, & their name does not feature in any WSOP Promos, other than all those eights - $888 Buy In, 8 handed, and a guaranteed $888,888 to the winner.

That's my understanding, anyway.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:02:50 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 02, 2016, 07:09:42 PM »

Seen him a good few times over the last month Ralph, playing most of the WSOP events as far I can tell.

Looking a little older, smaller, grumpier & greyer, but otherwise seems his normal self. 

Sounds familiar; the older, smaller, grumpier and greyer bit.

He doesn't seem to have had many cashes then which might have enhanced the grumpiness.

I bet he's still lucky in love though..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: