blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:38:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272678 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1290479 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5340 on: March 23, 2012, 12:57:54 PM »

I know Carroll hasn't been great but I think he's been a little unlucky. Clearly you paid way too much for him but that was due to desperation to replace Torres. You just don't seem to play to his strengths like we did which isn't really his fault plus I think Kenny has handled him pretty badly by dropping him after he has scored instead of showing some faith in him and giving him a run in the team. The Carroll situation really baffles me as it seems he doesn't fit into Kennys tactics, so why did he buy him, other than desperation.

I think football's gone a bit ridic with how short a period it can take to get sacked these days and agree that you should give him time as consistency is clearly the working formula. Just that's not the way it works and I think if it was anyone but Dalglish he'd have been sacked.
Madone

View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: March 24, 2012, 04:58:11 PM »

Im a net spend troll
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: March 24, 2012, 05:42:13 PM »

Not going to be popular but any other manager than Kenny, with this spend and these results, is sacked, surely?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: March 24, 2012, 05:43:18 PM »

Not going to be popular but any other manager than Kenny, with this spend and these results, is sacked, surely?

Cmonn Tighty. His net spend is next to nothing

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Madone

View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: March 24, 2012, 05:48:22 PM »

Net spend manager...no chance.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5345 on: March 24, 2012, 05:49:11 PM »

Good stat on Final Score - since Jan 1st Liverpool have had relegation form.

Thankfully for them though, the final league table is calculated on net spend, and not points.
jizzemm

BB6 Footy Winners - WALES.

View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: March 24, 2012, 05:51:06 PM »

As george has said his net spend is not massive, but to take a look at the whole season, if top 4 was not available, then getting into europe would have been an objective. He has managed that with a 1/4 of the season to go by winning the (babestation cup) and possible 2nd cup if we get through..

I'm the first to criticise his tactics and possibly think he's not the right man for the job, but results are not the worst so far I would think.. But should be better!!!!

"I want to talk about my hand, what do you mean I cant talk about my hand, right im going to talk about the fact that I cant talk about my hand"...
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: March 24, 2012, 05:51:06 PM »

that's a red herring. Gross over-spend on Carroll and Henderson in particular has wasted the receipts (themselves overinflated grossly) from Torres

I suppose if there is a never ending gravy train of other playing assets to sell at ridiculous prices, it doesn't matter. However you only get £50m for Torres once.

I maintain Kenny is getting a pass on past reputation etc, which he at best barely deserves

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: March 24, 2012, 05:54:59 PM »

wp george. didn't think you'd get that one through but it sucked in at least 2 people

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: March 24, 2012, 05:57:03 PM »

wp george. didn't think you'd get that one through but it sucked in at least 2 people

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: March 24, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »

Anything constructive George?, or just the regular cheap shots you're taking?
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5351 on: March 24, 2012, 08:09:07 PM »

Carroll has to be taken in isolation though - the £50m for Torres was a one-off and whichever striker Dalglish tried to sign would have had their price inflated because everyone knew Liverpool had that money to burn. As it was, Carroll was really the only option so Mike Ashley knew he had Liverpool over a barrel. If Carroll was sold to anyone else (or even Liverpool) at any other time he'd have gone for nowhere near £35m
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: March 24, 2012, 09:58:50 PM »

Anything constructive George?, or just the regular cheap shots you're taking?

Apologies. I am not meaning to be a troll although probs am being a bit ott

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: March 24, 2012, 11:36:59 PM »

Shearer suggesting on MOTD tonight that you guys will have had a better season than Arsenal should you win the FA cup and we merely qualify for the CL. Surely you don't agree with him do you?

I know that I wouldn't swop especially for third place.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: March 25, 2012, 12:12:19 AM »

I do agree that mindless trolling of the Liverpool FC thread needs to stop. People should be talking about the constructive and positive things associated with the club.

So it's good to see old Liverpool manager "my man" Roy Hodgson continuing to do well. In his last 5 games his negative tactics have seen the baggies batter wolves 5-1, batter Sunderland 4-0 and send Chelsea packing. I think we should all be rooting for a win against Newcastle tomorrow to see west brom draw within 3 pts of Liverpool. This would be quite a story as I think net spend at the Hawthorns is low. Oh and we should also root for Rafa to get another job again soon.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: