blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 06:02:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 523209 times)
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: May 27, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »

During the Premiership years Newcastle have been a very well supported team but you only have to go back to the 80's to see some very average turn outs by the toon army. Its always easy to turn out in big numbers when your in the top flight but a few years in the lower leagues sorts out the men from the boys.

For some reason Newcastle was always my favourite away day we spent the weekend up there and the boys always had a blast! we actually had some good results at SJP which always helped the cause.

Good Post, Newcastle have great fans.

I love this arguement coming up time and time again. If you look at the actual figures there is like one or two season ever where the average attendance is less than 20k. Don't have time to look back but I put a post on ages ago after looking at the stats. There was a year where we went down and attendance went up.

There were other massive issues in the 80's in with the collapse of industry and unemployment of adult males as a result! Yes there is always going to be an element of attendance being linked to performance but I think you'll find the change in the economy of Newcastle is a far bigger factor than anything else. (perhaps also facilities at the ground too) If it was on performance the ground would have been empty a couple of years ago.

On Leeds, and in fact the playoffs across the board people just seemed to edge with the names rather than the teams on form. I hope Leeds do get back to the top level. There was also a cracking atmosphere against dirty Leeds and living here now will give it an extra edge. Hopefully they can push n next year, but its going to take 4 or 5 years to get themselves steady in the PL again.

Leeds fans, as a point of interest - would you change the great times you had up at the top of the league and in the CL semi finals for just being an average PL side throughout the last few years?

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 27, 2008, 01:37:34 PM »

No offence though both of your posts don't actually say it, basically your saying these small clubs don't deserve it cos they don't have many fans. I can assure you to the hardcore Donny fans this meant as much if not even more to them as did it to Leeds fans, with smaller clubs when they get to Wembley they get hangers on where it is a day out.

Getting snobbish attitude to the fact that you deserve cos you have lots of passionate fans is precisley why alot of people find it semi amusing when you fall flat on your faces. If it was about having big crowds, Norwich would have been promoted the last 3 years in reality we have been rubbish and got what we deserved.

But what i was saying is that they just genuinely didnt seem extatic when theyd won. They were jus smiling and streaming out, they didnt seem that happy/extatic/going mental about their acheivements. Im not sayng they dont deserve it because they are a small club. Theres nothing i love more than getting a club like Scarborough into the Premiership on Football Manager 2008.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:55:46 PM by Horneris » Logged

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 27, 2008, 01:49:16 PM »

During the Premiership years Newcastle have been a very well supported team but you only have to go back to the 80's to see some very average turn outs by the toon army. Its always easy to turn out in big numbers when your in the top flight but a few years in the lower leagues sorts out the men from the boys.

For some reason Newcastle was always my favourite away day we spent the weekend up there and the boys always had a blast! we actually had some good results at SJP which always helped the cause.

On Leeds, and in fact the playoffs across the board people just seemed to edge with the names rather than the teams on form.
Leeds were in better form than Donny coming in to the play offs and had won more points over the season than them.
They just didn't perform.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: May 27, 2008, 02:01:55 PM »

On Leeds, and in fact the playoffs across the board people just seemed to edge with the names rather than the teams on form.
Leeds were in better form than Donny coming in to the play offs and had won more points over the season than them.

Leeds won more points in the season because of what they did in the first two months of the season. Over the last three months I think Doncaster will have won more fairly comfortably. From what I saw of Leeds, and what I hear from mates who go to see them home and away, Leeds have been putting in poor performances for ages - with the exception of the carlise away game - even if results held up to let them scrape in.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 27, 2008, 02:42:46 PM »

Sack the manager imo  thumbs up
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 27, 2008, 03:29:56 PM »

Leeds won more points in the season because of what they did in the first two months of the season. Over the last three months I think Doncaster will have won more fairly comfortably. From what I saw of Leeds, and what I hear from mates who go to see them home and away, Leeds have been putting in poor performances for ages - with the exception of the carlise away game - even if results held up to let them scrape in.

Just had a quick look
3 months from last game of season backwards  -
Leeds played 12 and got 26 points
Donny played 13 and got 21 points

Football is such a brilliant game because different people see different things. My mates who go home and away said they've actually been playing well recently after hitting some poor form since the turn of the year.

Edit: Sorry it's 2 months figures but i reckon 12/13 games is a fairer reflection of form than 17 games
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 03:31:57 PM by Josedinho » Logged
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 27, 2008, 03:37:29 PM »

3 months -
Leeds Played 16 Points 32
Donny Played - 17 Points 30
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 27, 2008, 04:32:53 PM »

Come on rooky your making it look like us geordies dont no what where going on bout ...

My previous posts weren't saying that the smaller clubs dont have a rite to be in the prem they do and congratulations to them on that just that id prefer a team like leeds in the prem who have the support there instead of a team who will have half empty grounds and fans that dont give a shit.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: May 27, 2008, 05:42:32 PM »

Come on rooky your making it look like us geordies dont no what where going on bout ...

LOL, Sorry! Only two points in it though, they certainly appeared to play better football! I always prefer to look at a decent period of time/number of games. Too many variables in less than at very least a dozen games imo. Not only then a measure of form but also a teams calibre!

Like I say I was also going on the basis of a few hardcore Leeds fans - but even amongst them there can be difference based on what they like to see.

I don't think the overall point that people just expected the big name teams to turn up and win is changed by that though.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 27, 2008, 11:38:46 PM »

Personally i would say current form is last 6 games max 4 me we are good example of that when kk took over we were out of form took 1 point in 6 games or summt like that and we were a team out of form and looking to go down then we won a few an had a decent little run and you could see we were a team back in form again.You can't really class 16/17 games as being a form basis they could've lost 5 on the bounce and won 5 on the bounce in that spell but you couldn't say theyd always been in form coz of how many points they had.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: May 28, 2008, 10:06:39 PM »

Personally i would say current form is last 6 games max 4 me we are good example of that when kk took over we were out of form took 1 point in 6 games or summt like that and we were a team out of form and looking to go down then we won a few an had a decent little run and you could see we were a team back in form again.You can't really class 16/17 games as being a form basis they could've lost 5 on the bounce and won 5 on the bounce in that spell but you couldn't say theyd always been in form coz of how many points they had.

Yeah, I don't think I described what I meant very well.

I'm trying look a bit wider than the usual form. That run of games that we had was a tough run of games - I think 6 isn't enough to get a rounded reflection so that an tough runs can be evened out with softer games. Also I think our performances picked up well before the results, but we'd still be classed as being out of form.

All teams have a bad run at some point of a season, proably for about 7/8 games or so, I think taking a bigger number helps give a better reflection on the the teams performance. I suppose often they'll be the same thing.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 07, 2008, 01:58:49 PM »

fk last season!

Seems a bit quiet on bringing players in to Leeds, he must have to clear out some first before bringing any in.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »

WTF is Kewell on about saying he left Leeds on good terms? I don't see much point in hating someone but hes pushing it blatantly bullshitting in his TV interviews.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 29, 2008, 04:18:40 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2008/07/will_leeds_march_on_to_promoti.html

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 29, 2008, 04:39:28 PM »

Sad fred.

Leeds are a great club and one of the top 8 teams in England. They should be in the EPL but instead we have Stoke and Hull :-(

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: