blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:12:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 519101 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2006, 07:33:46 PM »

I know leeds have been a shower of ***** for a few years now but I am getting really worried. This last week we sign some muppet from Millwall, then another unknown muppet from Luton, and today to top it all off we agree to sell our best player Rob Hulse.

10/1 for the title, it really should be 50/1
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 07:47:01 PM »

Welcome to the world of "football survival". As a Charlton fan we went through many a year where we had to sell all our best players and buy bargain basement and unknown players whilst trying to bring as many home grown youngsters through the ranks - all just to keep the club afloat.

Have the right board along with the right manager who know how to control the finances and who knows where you may end up in 5-10 years time.

sponsored by Fyffes
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 07:57:53 PM »

Yep but it still hurts and unlike Charlton, Leeds are a massive club steeped in history. This ain't a pop at Charlton, they are my 2nd club but there is a difference.

We have now sunk to an ALL time low.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 08:10:31 PM »

Acid, Im a sheff utd fan. Does this sound familiar if on a slightly smaller scale than the events that ruined your club?

We are on the verge of promotion and pay 1.7 million for Akinbiyi, our record signing
we sign a player for 1 million that the manager doesnt like and is desperate to get rid of, Horsfield.

On getting promoted we break our transfer record on Claude Davis (£3million), who was the guy marking peter crouch when he scored his hat trick against Jamaica.
We have now signed another striker for around 3 million that has not exactly set the premiership alight.

The club has worked tirelessly for years to maintain its financial footing and we then decide to spend about 9 million on that collection of players. Would that lot strike fear into any premiership team?

We need a lorra lorrra luck to survive this season.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 08:49:01 PM »

kevin nicholls is a good signing for you.

the fans will soon warm to him very quickly because he wears is heart on his sleeve and is a tough tackler.

he is a 100% and a leader and can also play abit definetly enough for that division.

i think youl change ur tune about him very soon after seeing him play.

face it leeds are a small club now and until they get out the division always will be so required players to get them out not big name stars. if they get promoted thats when they need to be buying big again.

johnlarsson
Big Jzer

Off duty clown

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 09:06:18 PM »

Leeds...  5 years ago were in the champions league semi final

sad sad story

my profile is number 1888  ha ha ha lmao
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 09:37:21 PM »

Horsfield is a god, worst thing Bruce ever did was sell him.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Gryff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 09:42:12 PM »

Can't you just get some of the local girls to play as defenders...buy their rugby team new strips or something.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 10:19:10 PM »

Well I could ask my wife, she played for Leeds Utd ladies, till Master Bates cut ALL funding for then, a massive 3000 a year.
DTM488

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 02:16:40 PM »

The bloke from Milwall will prove to be a good buy.

When Tony G is on it aint worth watching
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 03:03:35 PM »

Yeah he moved to Hull without playing a game for us Tongue
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 05:59:24 PM »

think leeds have found there level or they might still need to go down a bit more lol
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 10:22:50 PM »

I know leeds have been a shower of ***** for a few years now but I am getting really worried. This last week we sign some muppet from Millwall, then another unknown muppet from Luton, and today to top it all off we agree to sell our best player Rob Hulse.

10/1 for the title, it really should be 50/1

Bout time they sacked him, really clueless and has spent loads of money on average players. Lets hope curbs comes in to save the MIGHTY Leeds!
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 10:38:10 PM »

Ahh well. We wont go down and we wont go up. Weve only lost to the better teams so far.

Its not as bad as most people say, even the debt is just about clear.

New Manager, consolodation, then maybe promotion next year?? Easy.

Curbishley, Wise would be fine not hoddle or keegan though.

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 10:45:45 PM »

kevin nicholls is a good signing for you.

the fans will soon warm to him very quickly because he wears is heart on his sleeve and is a tough tackler.

he is a 100% and a leader and can also play abit definetly enough for that division.

i think youl change ur tune about him very soon after seeing him play.

face it leeds are a small club now and until they get out the division always will be so required players to get them out not big name stars. if they get promoted thats when they need to be buying big again.

Leeds are NOT a small club now. They just got relegated, they have shit players, but they are not a small club.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: