blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:15:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY  (Read 84753 times)
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 04, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »

feeling so guilty for having a porsche 3 personal number plates and 4 christian audiger hoodies and being on paternatiy leave for 4 years. fml

ROLF,.,.,.,.,.,.
i swear to god i was just off to get some supplies in,.,.and was going to mark n spencer food hall,.,.,.,.,.,.stoppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp,.,.,.,.,.,.,.
tescos on the way home,.,.,.,.fml,.,.,.,.
im off i hope thread DONT get locked now,.,.,.,.,.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:53:19 PM by sofa----king » Logged

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 04, 2011, 03:53:23 PM »

I dont see that a personailsed #plate is flaunting wealth imo
everyone treats themselves to extravengcies many other people are not privileged enough to enjoy, and I dont think they should be embarrased about it at all, flaunting as in rubbing someone down cos you have £££ and they dont is clearly being a dick, but I dont think that here

I don't see how having a personised plate is anything apart from flaunting your wealth.

Arguments can be made about how having a nice car, nice watch, top grade tv etc etc can improve your life.

How exactly does a personalised plate improve your life?

An expensive watch does not improve your life 1 iota Keith sorry. It may make you feel good about yourself same as a plate may, they are both just accessories.

I really don't get why you have singled them out? I'm guessing that the stubborn old you doesn't want to change his mind now you have argued the toss about it for a few pages  Wink  Grin
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 04, 2011, 03:54:12 PM »

Keith what do you make of first class flights and people who take them?

I just think you're going way OTT on this whole debate. The 'poor people' argument can be applied to almost anything. Does it mean we shouldn't drink expensive bottles of wine? Or go to very expensive restaurants etc?

Do you feel guilty eating a meal thats costing you £200 when there are kids in Africa who could be fed for months on that money and in reality you could have something adequate at home for £10?

No, I don't feel the same way about any of those things.

Eating a top meal, travelling first class, drinking an excellent bottle of wine all tangibly improve your life.

Not one person has explained how having a personalised number plate improves your life.

It's not like I go round shouting at people who have them, most of the time I chuckle to myself, shake my head and think "wanker" when I see one.

This thread annoyed me because sofa was using blonde as a market place for his business and I considered his posts to be spam. And my disdain of people who own personalised plates kind of spilt out during my rants.

For the final time, while people can spend their money on whatever they like, my personal opinion is that personalised number plates are a complete waste of money and those who own are saddos.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 04, 2011, 03:56:23 PM »

I agree Keith. Did you know chompy has one?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 04, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »

everyone treats themselves to extravengcies many other people are not privileged enough to enjoy, and I dont think they should be embarrased about it at all, flaunting as in rubbing someone down cos you have £££ and they dont is clearly being a dick, but I dont think that here

I don't see how having a personised plate is anything apart from flaunting your wealth.

Arguments can be made about how having a nice car, nice watch, top grade tv etc etc can improve your life.

An expensive watch does not improve your life 1 iota Keith sorry. It may make you feel good about yourself same as a plate may, they are both just accessories.

I really don't get why you have singled them out? I'm guessing that the stubborn old you doesn't want to change his mind now you have argued the toss about it for a few pages  Wink  Grin

Jewellry of all sorts makes you look nicer and feel better about yourself. And/or might have sentimental value.

I fail to comprehend how having a personalised plate makes you feel better about yourself.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 04, 2011, 03:59:42 PM »

I didn't until yesterday.

I would be interested on discovering his reasons for owning it.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 04, 2011, 03:59:52 PM »

Because people enjoy the feeling of individuality a unique item offers them. Like a tattoo. A tattoo doesn't improve your life but it individualises your identity.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 04, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »

Jewellry of all sorts makes you look nicer and feel better about yourself. And/or might have sentimental value.

I fail to comprehend how having a personalised plate makes you feel better about yourself.

Makes you feel more important? Same as a first class flight etc? For sure the same as an expensive watch...........
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 04, 2011, 04:01:14 PM »

maybe it was getting a bit heated lastnight,but i still stand by what i said,
if ever i am wrong, or feel i might be wrong i hold my hand up and say,
but i feel lastnight i was not wrong,

ok i understand if you think im spamming the forum,i suppose 50/50 yes,but also at the same time i wanted to show that there is ways of making money with a guarantee,of no loss,as i was told it CANT be done.

i even said to some members if they can find customers,by block emailing etc i would give them a cut.
i know there are lots of very clever people on here who dont WORK that could help me and help themselves by doing this...

buying and selling plates IS NOT my income....it started as a bit of a hobby/project...but after a few months of research,and dealings,it has proven to be fruitfull.

as for what MC said,,,,well i think you all know how i feel about that......i know that if i would have said that about someone it would have been instaban. for me..but im not in the click...
as to camel,
debate is good for the forum,i would have admired you more of a man if you would have just come out and said this is wrong stop spamming the forum,than going around the mullberry bush,firstly saying people with private plates are all tossers,(thats a big statment) when you could have easily said i think they look ridiculous,not my style etc....then change to saying you shouldnt earn money from your friends,mantis hit the nail,by saying about when (NOT JUST YOU) but MOST poker players sit with friends trying to take their money off them with ease....EVERY NIGHT.

if the mods or the OWNER of the site feels this whole thread should be taken off then do so,i wont lose sleep over it,as ive said numerous times it was to prove,it could work.....out of all the plates ive put on here i have not tried to sell them to anyone apart from FLUSHY...as ive said coz i really wanted him to have it..
ok i was trying to make money on it...thats business...all other plates that i have been asked to find/buy or sell to any other members there was NO profit or earnings being made by me,i stated this clearly to all members when they have asked me for something....(a few of them taken back by saying whats your cut mate?? when i replied NOTHING ,,,thier answer WOW sofa thanks alot mate....)

if people think i bite to easy,maybe i do,because im passionate about how i conduct myself,but one thing ive never been is a c-n-t or a grimmer....

For what it's worth every single time in my life I have driven past a car with a personalised number plate I have thought "tosser" or something similar.

It is a dire waste of money and almost obscene to flaunt wealth in this way when there is so much poverty in the UK/the world.

tbf, you are being a bit high on your horse about this. There are many ways of unproductively flaunting wealth, travelling the globe playing in high buy in poker tourns would be considered one by quite a lot of people even if it is a living

This thread is about sofa selling number plates.

Believe me, there are plenty of other subjects I get on my high horse about Cheesy

Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 04, 2011, 04:02:16 PM »

A lot of people feel very attached to their cars. A personalised plate is one way of making the car more personal to you. For many it will make the car look nicer and make them feel better about themselves. And who's to say it won't have sentimental value 20 years down the line?

Not that fussed myself. Would be cool to have CF on my car. But it's something I'd never pay more than say £50 for and as a result probably will never have.

Blue text
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 04, 2011, 04:02:57 PM »

Cause he's a twat obv

sola virtus nobilitat
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 04, 2011, 04:03:32 PM »

of course you get something from an expensive watch, its normally more comfy to wear and more accurate and should last longer

a number plate you get nothing from apart from the hassle of having to fill in forms everytime you change car
i suppose you could claim you dont need to remember it as its imprinted on you brain but most peoples reg is inprinted on there brain anyway

cant see the point in personaliesed number plates dont like teh trade in them at all

think the government should halt the trade in plates and dvla should be the only one that sold them and if they sold them for 60k then the money goes into the coffers not some brokers pockets

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 04, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »

horses for courses.  I personally think people that wear a load of bling look a bit idiotic, but it's their choice, as it is with anyone, what they spend their money on.

I don't immediate think 'tosser' if i see someone with a personalised number plate, but i've seen a few tossers with them.  Just a couple of days ago I saw a guy come speeding into a retail park car park, top of his car down (even though it was freezing), music blaring out, swung straight into a disabled spot before swaggering out of his car looking around to see who was looking at him.  He had a personalised plate, but it wasn't really that that made me think he was a tosser.  
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:05:21 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 04, 2011, 04:04:17 PM »

Get a diary Keith. Your starting to get boring now!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 04, 2011, 04:04:34 PM »

Because he's a complete saddo obv Wink

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: