blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:01:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wow just wow,wow,wow FLUSHY  (Read 84070 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 04, 2011, 09:59:51 AM »

I'm happy to take sides...because when I read this harmless thread last night I saw a group of high profile Blondes ganging up to give sofa a good kicking. A bit harsh? The guy was branded a rip off merchant, a loser, and a liar. Made me feel quite uncomfortable reading it. Funny because the other day one of my posts was deleted for seeming to allude somebody was ugly. That's right, seeming to allude somebody was ugly? That post was snap deleted because it offended a member of the clique. But I see the clique can gang up and abs slander somebody's character on here and that is acceptable. I think mods should try and be a bit more impartial in their dealings with all members and not have different rules for their favourites.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 04, 2011, 10:11:55 AM »

I think mods should try and be a bit more impartial in their dealings with all members and not have different rules for their favourites.

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 04, 2011, 10:27:16 AM »

The whole clique argument is sooo boring and in the context of this thread it is also back to front.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 04, 2011, 11:59:51 AM »

maybe it was getting a bit heated lastnight,but i still stand by what i said,
if ever i am wrong, or feel i might be wrong i hold my hand up and say,
but i feel lastnight i was not wrong,

ok i understand if you think im spamming the forum,i suppose 50/50 yes,but also at the same time i wanted to show that there is ways of making money with a guarantee,of no loss,as i was told it CANT be done.

i even said to some members if they can find customers,by block emailing etc i would give them a cut.
i know there are lots of very clever people on here who dont WORK that could help me and help themselves by doing this...

buying and selling plates IS NOT my income....it started as a bit of a hobby/project...but after a few months of research,and dealings,it has proven to be fruitfull.

as for what MC said,,,,well i think you all know how i feel about that......i know that if i would have said that about someone it would have been instaban. for me..but im not in the click...
as to camel,
debate is good for the forum,i would have admired you more of a man if you would have just come out and said this is wrong stop spamming the forum,than going around the mullberry bush,firstly saying people with private plates are all tossers,(thats a big statment) when you could have easily said i think they look ridiculous,not my style etc....then change to saying you shouldnt earn money from your friends,mantis hit the nail,by saying about when (NOT JUST YOU) but MOST poker players sit with friends trying to take their money off them with ease....EVERY NIGHT.

if the mods or the OWNER of the site feels this whole thread should be taken off then do so,i wont lose sleep over it,as ive said numerous times it was to prove,it could work.....out of all the plates ive put on here i have not tried to sell them to anyone apart from FLUSHY...as ive said coz i really wanted him to have it..
ok i was trying to make money on it...thats business...all other plates that i have been asked to find/buy or sell to any other members there was NO profit or earnings being made by me,i stated this clearly to all members when they have asked me for something....(a few of them taken back by saying whats your cut mate?? when i replied NOTHING ,,,thier answer WOW sofa thanks alot mate....)

if people think i bite to easy,maybe i do,because im passionate about how i conduct myself,but one thing ive never been is a c-n-t or a grimmer....

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 04, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »

Nothing really to do with me but I do think there is a difference between buying something for £X and marking it up 1000% to sell to a mate and sitting at a poker table with mates where you all know you are out to win each others money.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 04, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »

Sofa you don't know if anyone was banned last night. We don't announce "xyz has been banned" and plenty happens like that

You also don't know what went on in PMs with the mods asking people to step back and take time outs etc

So don't jump to conclusions

and enough of the clique stuff, suggestions of such really doesn't apply on this thread. You and all others have had ample opportunity to have your say

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2011, 12:40:48 PM »

Nothing really to do with me but I do think there is a difference between buying something for £X and marking it up 1000% to sell to a mate and sitting at a poker table with mates where you all know you are out to win each others money.

It sounds very straightforward to me.

My brother in law is a painter/decorator. When we wanted our house painted we went to him to get it done. Do I want him to do that for free? No, of course not. I pay the man for his time and the tools/paint used. After all, if he's working for me he can't work for anyone else and therefore he needs to make a few pennies.
Do I expect him to rip me off? No, of course not. But that's a trust thing, isn't it? Obv we had a bit of a family discount but to not pay him for his time would just be wrong IMO.

At the end of the day Sofa is running this as a business. To say that he should do this for free also doesn't make any sense as that effectively means he'd be losing money. If he can sell the Flushy plate at a 1000% mark up it'd be silly to offer it to Flushy at cost, no?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 04, 2011, 12:42:53 PM »

Disagree 100%, you buy something for x and sell it for y that's how business works. Sofa is doing nothing that is not standard business practice. Just last weekend I had 2 different people come over to me and try and sell me something at the poker table, didn't bother me in the least. Its is up to me if a buy it or not and I have a choice to do so as does everyone else.

If the price is right someone will buy it, if its not they won't, that's how business works. But I guess half the poker players on here that don't live in the real world don't realise that.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 04, 2011, 12:47:35 PM »

Sofa you don't know if anyone was banned last night. We don't announce "xyz has been banned" and plenty happens like that

You also don't know what went on in PMs with the mods asking people to step back and take time outs etc

So don't jump to conclusions

and enough of the clique stuff, suggestions of such really doesn't apply on this thread. You and all others have had ample opportunity to have your say

Sofa you don't know if anyone was banned last night.

person in question, posted on another thread,,,,well after the time of what he said on this thread,,, so in my eyes,he was not banned at that point,
thats why i jump to conclusion.,.,.,was he banned?

and as to
and enough of the clique stuff.,.,,.,.is there no clique ??

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 04, 2011, 12:53:54 PM »

No clique at all

a number of groups of close friends, you are going to get that after 5 years

Suggestions that different people are modded differently are completely off the mark

to use the example quoted above

Mantis wrote a post calling someone ugly. This post was certain to get a reaction. Absolutely certain given the context and the personalities involced

The other person replied calling Mantis a c***

That post has to be removed

Mantis' post that is trolling for a reaction has to be removed to be entirely fair

Mantis disagrees, but it is completely even handed modding. Our call, not his.

As to your example, you were trolled. The post was removed. Several of yours that referred to this were removed, especially the one that called him a c***

Posters were warned in PMs. We try not to ban unless we REALLY have to. Stuff you posted earlier in the thread was not removed when it really should have been, so as to try and be even handed

If said poster, as you once did, wants to call a mod a c*** and all sorts of names in a PM that is going to lead to a ban every time. No mod, including me, does this with much of their time to be abused by anone, including you

Happy to debate this all afternoon as I am on a train to Cardiff. Feel free.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 04, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »

when i bought flushy i obv had flushy in mind
i phoned quite a few of my poker FRIENDS  and asked tham all what do you think its worth
before i could say anything 99% of them all said words to this.,.,
F-OO-K ME flushy off BLONDE WILL PAY YOU £30-40-50 EVEN 100K FOR IT LOL I DID,..,.,
and these are all big mates of flushys,..,.,
i then asked flushy by pm to make me an offer
his first responce.,.,i dont want it.,.,.,then a little later £1500.,.,.,
i then got in touch with regtransfers who i now know very well.,.,mike at rt said its got to be worth 20-30k he valued it written which i have at £20k

i then go back to flushy trying to get a deal at £7-8-9k
he sticks to his offer £1500

i paid more than this for it so i obviously not going to sell at a loss,,,also in between i did have a few offers £20k by text on my phone which tbh i didnt belive,,(thought it was one of u guys messing about)

i then get  a good offer from rt for £12k,,,i dont accept straight away as it was a guys first offer.,.,i say £17,500 ..,the guy from rt declined end of.,..

i then go back to flushy and say look i really want you to have it.,.,.,£3,500..,., he come back and sticks at £1500..,which is all fine coz to be honest i really dont think he wants it.,.,otherwise he would have paid say £5-6-7-8-9k and been done with it.,.,..,

today he has offered me £2k for it.,.,i have declined,.,.,i have pmd him back £3k and i will give £500 to reeces holiday fund.,.THE £500 WILL BE OFF ME AND YOU.,..,I AWAIT HIS ANSWER.,.,NOW YOU ALL KNOW MINE AND FLUSHY'S BUSINESS OK.,.,.,.,

THIS IS NOT ABOUT MONEY WHY CANT ANY OF YOU SEE THIS.,.,,,ITS WHAT SOMETHING IS WORTH.,.,.,
to be honest ive had a f@@kfull of it all.,.,take the whole thread down .,.,.,
please mods,.,.,if this is what you want then do it.,.,GEEEEZZZZ

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 04, 2011, 01:07:26 PM »

Disagree 100%, you buy something for x and sell it for y that's how business works. Sofa is doing nothing that is not standard business practice. Just last weekend I had 2 different people come over to me and try and sell me something at the poker table, didn't bother me in the least. Its is up to me if a buy it or not and I have a choice to do so as does everyone else.

If the price is right someone will buy it, if its not they won't, that's how business works. But I guess half the poker players on here that don't live in the real world don't realise that.
I agree with everything you have said but I don't think it disagrees with my statement. I'm an accountant I've just done Tax returns for a couple of mates. They paid me for my work, not what they would have paid an accountant they didn't know and not a fee agreed or set by me but I was paid so I made money out of friends.
Sofa suggested that Camel was hypocritical in HIS belief that you shouldn't make money out of friends by saying Camel does it when playing poker. I was simply suggesting a difference between a competition in which both parties are knowingly playing for each others money despite being friends and a friend buying something and marking it up 1000% and offering it to a mate to make money. I'm personally not fussed he wanted to make some £ out of a mate. I wouldn't have marked it up that much but I know it happens and he is not forcing anyone to buy it..
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: February 04, 2011, 01:09:17 PM »

Look, I apologise for trolling, I shouldn't have said anything.

You just really get on my tits, I find you incredibly annoying. Obviously the sensible thing to do on this basis would be not read one of your threads, so that was stupid on my part.

Saying I should get banned for calling you a name is absolutely ridiculous. You called me a name in return, which was completely fair comment.

I don't like you, presumably you don't like me, can we not just leave it at that?

Unless you want to stop using these in your posts ...,...,.,.,.,.,,,... then I might even buy a reg plate off you.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 04, 2011, 01:11:33 PM »

Look, I apologise for trolling, I shouldn't have said anything.

You just really get on my tits, I find you incredibly annoying. Obviously the sensible thing to do on this basis would be not read one of your threads, so that was stupid on my part.

Saying I should get banned for calling you a name is absolutely ridiculous. You called me a name in return, which was completely fair comment.

I don't like you, presumably you don't like me, can we not just leave it at that?

Unless you want to stop using these in your posts ...,...,.,.,.,.,,,... then I might even buy a reg plate off you.

The guy has got a habit. Its like me using !!! all the time!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 04, 2011, 01:18:36 PM »

THIS IS NOT ABOUT MONEY WHY CANT ANY OF YOU SEE THIS.,.,,,ITS WHAT SOMETHING IS WORTH.,.,.,

I dont see much of a problem with it being mostly about money, aren't most things??

If I had mate who was a plumber and I needed some plumbing doing I wouldnt EVER expect him to do it for free, maybe crack a deal where i give him some cash and buy him dinner or w/e but if he said I would have to pay full price like everyone else I'd be 100% fine with that.

The playing poker with your friends argument is a wierd one - poker's the game and money is the prize, seems COMPLETELY different to me than trying to sell something to a mate for £xxx when you bought for £x, which fwiw I think is ok if your straight about it

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: