blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:42:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Jimmy Saville
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jimmy Saville  (Read 51930 times)
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2013, 02:29:37 PM »

Utterly absurd, just a complete farce. Even if he was guilty all he has to do is say the words not guilty and he will be fine anyway so what's the point
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2013, 03:13:37 PM »

Ken Barlow accused by woman who waits 46 years before reporting it.  Utterly absurd.  Police should have laughed in her face.

Or did she report it 46 years ago and the police failed to follow it up adequately?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2013, 04:10:49 PM »

Ken Barlow accused by woman who waits 46 years before reporting it.  Utterly absurd.  Police should have laughed in her face.

Or did she report it 46 years ago and the police failed to follow it up adequately?

why bring it up now though....? that bandwagon must be slowing down with all that weight on it

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2013, 04:37:46 PM »

why bring it up now though....? that bandwagon must be slowing down with all that weight on it

I don't think the individuals are bringing all these cases up. The police are going through old allegations that weren't followed up correctly at the time.  As I've said before, there shouldn't be a statute of limitations on crimes like this.  If your mum/sister/daughter was raped and the police didn't investigate properly, you'd want them to do so no matter how many decades later it was.

Don't know the details of this case obviously.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2013, 04:41:57 PM »

I bet it was also him that wired up Valerie's hair dryer #onefortheteenagers
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2013, 05:06:14 PM »

"The police are going through old allegations that weren't followed up correctly at the time"

So the police are investigating their own incompetence?  I haven't heard any apologies, just dawn raids on 80 year old entertainers' homes with full press coverage, using flimsy evidence which is decades old.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2013, 05:12:13 PM »

Current police officers are investigating cases that were dealt with by people who are long since retired/dead. If they're righting wrongs, then I'm all for it.

Those who are rapists/sex abusers now need to know that there's never a time when they'll have 'got away with it'.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »

"The police are going through old allegations that weren't followed up correctly at the time"

So the police are investigating their own incompetence?  I haven't heard any apologies, just dawn raids on 80 year old entertainers' homes with full press coverage, using flimsy evidence which is decades old.

Maybe they're not releasing all the evidence as it would prejudice the cases?

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2013, 05:17:59 PM »

"Current police officers are investigating cases that were dealt with by people who are long since retired/dead"

So RBS can carry on as normal now that Goodwin was pensioned off?  Police should still take some responsibility if it is the case that they should have acted decades ago.

What are we basing this on?  Have the police said that it is not alleged victims coming forward after decades?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2013, 05:20:03 PM »

"Maybe they're not releasing all the evidence as it would prejudice the cases?"

Certainly.  But I fail to see how they can now make a good case that was deemed not strong enough 46 years ago?

Meanwhile old Roache has his name dragged across the press before being found guilty, along with scores of others.

Stinks if you ask me.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2013, 05:25:21 PM »

I think what annoys me is this.

How many people have been all over the papers after being investigated?

And how many people have they charged?

And how many people have been found guilty?

This is no way to conduct justice.
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »

Current police officers are investigating cases that were dealt with by people who are long since retired/dead. If they're righting wrongs, then I'm all for it.

Those who are rapists/sex abusers now need to know that there's never a time when they'll have 'got away with it'.

Completely agree with this.  However still don't think the names should be released by the media and the circus that brings pre-charges, but that's probably another discussion.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2013, 05:44:03 PM »

Dungbeetle, who are you having a go at - the police or the media?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2013, 05:47:10 PM »

The Police for not doing their job in the first place.

And the laws which allow the accused to be named in public before being even charged, never mind convicted.

My primary concern is with the second point.  Can't really blame the media, but seems odd they can report on something like this but get gagged when a footballer plays away.  Seems perverse.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2013, 06:26:05 PM »

Jim Davidson has had his say on his blog:

I was in Middlesborough when my wife called and told me the Police have charged Max Clifford with eleven counts of indecent assault.Max has been charged with 11 counts dating from 1966 to 1985! What!!!  Am I alone at thinking that this is going to be difficult to remember what we were all doing. Who scored the second goal at the world cup final? I am staggered that the media have not made more of this.Is it because it is Max and there is a certain schadenfreude going on?

I see that the Sunday Mirror are not naming another celebrity about to be arestted…how caring? Why aren’t they naming him? He must be a labour supporter.

Do you know who I feel sorry for? The Police.We have the best Police force  money can buy (perhaps not the right term) but I know the public are getting fed up, but these allegations must be investigated no matter how silly they appear.I know from the messages I get that the public have lost faith in what  was once  an attempt to arrest pedophiles has turned into a celebrity witch hunt. The Police have been kind and courteous to me. They must know that these accusations are  things that can literally ruin peoples lives.My life is on hold,so is that of my wife.It is as Max says, “a nightmare”,it really is.I have to shake my head and ask is this really happening? Well,it is!. The only good thing is that  I know I am innocent, and that is a powerful weapon to have. It’s still is upsetting though. You have to be strong and wait for the game to play out

Thank God for My Wife and my family,friends and my Fans…Oh  and a good legal team!!

I will still keep performing for as long as you still want to come and see me.

I thank you all for your support.

And now the bad news….

Charlton won’t get to the play offs…….what a year I’m having!!! x

http://blog.jimdavidson.org.uk/2013/04/yewtree/

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: