blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:27:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Jimmy Saville
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jimmy Saville  (Read 51822 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2013, 12:50:50 PM »

West Yorkshire Police investigate themselves, and find no wrongdoing...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/may/10/jimmy-savile-police-report

Really?

makes sense.

if only there was an Independent Police Complaints Commission which could look at allegations like these....

if only
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2013, 01:36:27 PM »

Errrrrmmmmm - the one 'branch' of the celebrity scene that hasn't hit the news - so far - is the music industry, DJs excepted.

An investigation of what many groups (might) have got up to with underage fans in the last 50 years may make Operation Yewtree look like a mere pimple on an enormous cancerous growth!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »

Izzy wizzy let's get busy

(Sorry)

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2013, 05:45:32 PM »

I read loads of these wiki potted biographies.

I enjoyed this one, but the last bit spoiled it.

Why should stuff like this go into print unproven?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Mullard

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22846712

So he did or he didn't, but he probably did, but the boy might have been 16 - is that what it's saying?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2013, 04:42:42 PM »

West Yorkshire Police investigate themselves, and find no wrongdoing...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/may/10/jimmy-savile-police-report

Really?

bit of history with them doing this if I recall!

Carpe Diem
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2013, 04:45:37 PM »

So he did or he didn't, but he probably did, but the boy might have been 16 - is that what it's saying?

i guess the 15 quoted, should read 16....that said, surely you can indecently assault anyone irrelevant of age?

Carpe Diem
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2013, 05:10:25 PM »

i guess the 15 quoted, should read 16....that said, surely you can indecently assault anyone irrelevant of age?

Yes, thought they meant 16 instead of 15 for the birthday. But like you say, if it's non-consensual then the age is irrelevant. So is the judge saying it didn't happen at all?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2013, 05:48:25 PM »

Lots of unproven stuff finds its way into print each and every single day. Just a few weeks ago, in an article in the Evening Standard, on Thursday 23rd May, page 16, entitled "Marjorie's (Wallace) fond memories of BBC's gropers":

Wallace recalls being interviewed by the late Elkan Allan for ITVs Ready Steady Go when she was an aspiring rock chick. "He told me to sleep with him or I wouldn't get the job," she says. "After lunch he showed me the casting couch. I took one look at him and one look at the couch and I knew I would never get the job."
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2013, 06:21:17 PM »

Yes, thought they meant 16 instead of 15 for the birthday. But like you say, if it's non-consensual then the age is irrelevant. So is the judge saying it didn't happen at all?

I assumed it meant that it was consensual - but if it's under 16 then that's irrelevant.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2013, 06:49:30 PM »

I assumed it meant that it was consensual - but if it's under 16 then that's irrelevant.

Andrew Watkinson, 42, from Gateacre, Liverpool, is accused of abusing the boy, then aged 14, between 1993 and 1994. He denies six counts of indecent assault of a child under the age of 16.

Seems like the judge "quashed" 2 charges on Thursday last week because at the trial today "Judge Clement Goldstone QC directed the jury to find Mr Watkinson not guilty on two of six counts he originally faced because the complainant said he could not be sure the alleged abuse happened before he turned 15."  (still confused by the age....as 14/15 all still illegal.....then as mentioned, surely indecent assault isn't age restricted?!.

So then today at the court, the jury deemed a not guilty verdict over the remaining 4 counts of indecent assault..  Reason is unclear??!!?

Carpe Diem
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »

No. The jury didn't "deem" a not guilty verdict; it delivered a not guilty verdict. The reason for the jury's decision is and will remain secret.

The two counts the judge ordered a not guilty verdict on were of "indecent assault of a child under 16". As the prosecution couldn't prove the alleged victim was under 16 at the time, that's entirely fair.

We are entitled to have some faith in the legal system and the integrity of the law. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2013, 08:51:09 PM »

It's the reporting that's dodgy I think here, not the legal process.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2013, 09:25:38 PM »

Lots of unproven stuff finds its way into print each and every single day. Just a few weeks ago, in an article in the Evening Standard, on Thursday 23rd May, page 16, entitled "Marjorie's (Wallace) fond memories of BBC's gropers":

Wallace recalls being interviewed by the late Elkan Allan for ITVs Ready Steady Go when she was an aspiring rock chick. "He told me to sleep with him or I wouldn't get the job," she says. "After lunch he showed me the casting couch. I took one look at him and one look at the couch and I knew I would never get the job."

Damn. I thought you were referring to the Marjorie Wallace, the first USA Miss World, first Miss World to be sacked and paramour of George Best, Tom Jones, Peter Revson & Jimmy Connors. Haven't heard of her for years, I thought - gotta check this. Turns out you're on about some BBC biddy I've never heard of. Oh well. I suppose the text gave it away if I had taken the time to read it properly - she wouldn't have been applying for some crummy daytime show. But I shot off too quickly to check it out. I wonder how the real Marjorie Wallace is getting on these days.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:36:13 PM by MintTrav » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2014, 06:50:13 PM »

Harris found guilty on 12 counts of sexual assault.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: