blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:35:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Jimmy Saville
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jimmy Saville  (Read 51825 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »

Ok, who had Cliff Richard in the sweepstake?

Just surprised its taken this long.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2014, 03:40:33 PM »

No idea, but funny coincidence how virtually all the people getting these accusations are minted...
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2014, 03:46:01 PM »

No idea, but funny coincidence how virtually all the people getting these accusations are minted...

Celebrities generally are though..

I heard this story about cliff richard 12 years ago, from a decent source. Apparenty the police were aware of it but decided to sweep it under the carpet for whatever reason.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2014, 04:16:59 PM »

i had to remove a few things which referred to legal processes. blonde doesn't want to be held to account for statements that may or may not be true and publicising things which are protected by the courts, but which potentially leave us liable

please tread carefully thanks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2014, 04:25:02 PM »

Not sure I follow. Lots of other accusations are made and people arrested and convicted, but they don't make national news. Don't think it's surprising that cases involving famous people make news headlines.

It's also no coincidence that those found guilty have abused children…

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2014, 05:38:22 PM »

Not sure I follow. Lots of other accusations are made and people arrested and convicted, but they don't make national news. Don't think it's surprising that cases involving famous people make news headlines.

It's also no coincidence that many of those investigated have either not been charged or have had charges dropped. I'm suggesting there are bullshitters out there looking to make a quick buck because they think they have seen a rich mark. I hope they get the book thrown at them also as being labelling someone a nonce/rapist/abuser etc ain't the most pleasant thing either. I would bet my right arm that even those that have been found guilty have had oppotunitsts making stuff up also.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2014, 05:40:31 PM »

It's also no coincidence that many of those investigated have either not been charged or have had charges dropped. I'm suggesting there are bullshitters out there looking to make a quick buck because they think they have seen a rich mark. I hope they get the book thrown at them also as being labelling someone a nonce/rapist/abuser etc ain't the most pleasant thing either. I would bet my right arm that even those that have been found guilty have had oppotunitsts making stuff up also.

I would bet my left arm that there are some who have got away with it who were guilty as sin. 

FWIW, the one I was actually most surprised with was Max Clifford, I just assumed with him being the PR Guru/Fixer that he was the one least likely to have been embroiled in this.   
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2014, 06:25:46 PM »

Sir Cliff who is abroad, says the bbc denies the allegations. 

Anyone able to remind us why Sir Cliff gave up his residency of the UK and took up citizenship in Barbados which incidently doesn't have extradition treates with the UK.  Just thinking out loud. 
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2014, 06:31:27 PM »

Anyone able to remind us why Sir Cliff gave up his residency of the UK and took up citizenship in Barbados which incidently doesn't have extradition treates with the UK.  Just thinking out loud. 

3 letter word beginning with T ?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 14, 2014, 06:44:06 PM »

3 letter word beginning with T ?

You think?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2014, 10:29:09 AM »

Police still haven't asked to speak to Cliff Richard yet.  WTF are they doing raiding his home with the BBC televising it if they aren't going to charge him?  Surely they should be doing this kind of thing out of sight of the media?
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2014, 03:26:11 PM »

Police still haven't asked to speak to Cliff Richard yet.  WTF are they doing raiding his home with the BBC televising it if they aren't going to charge him?  Surely they should be doing this kind of thing out of sight of the media?

How do they charge him when he's not a british citizen and has citizenship of a country that has no extradition with the UK?

Conveniently when the story broke he was supposed to have been holed up at his home in Portugal but made a sharp exit.  Portugal does have an extradition treaty with the UK. 
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2014, 03:34:05 PM »

Well he was supposedly playing tennis in Portugal on Friday, which is after the house raid.  Doesn't sound like a man who is trying to avoid the police to me. 
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2014, 03:54:42 PM »

Barbados is part of the Commonwealth and the London Scheme for Extradition Within the Commonwealth seems to be a multilateral extradition agreement covering all member countries?

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2014, 05:55:55 PM »

Barbados is part of the Commonwealth and the London Scheme for Extradition Within the Commonwealth seems to be a multilateral extradition agreement covering all member countries?

Yeah this.  It still has a British Governor General with the Queen as Head of State.  That's the only reason there isn't a formal extradition treaty.  Absolutely zero chance they refuse to extradite someone.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: