blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:09:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Impartial opinions wanted on DTD TD(Danniel) decision/150 DS 19/05/2012
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Impartial opinions wanted on DTD TD(Danniel) decision/150 DS 19/05/2012  (Read 11459 times)
Alonso

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »

Hi, so here we go. I will try to describe all situation as detailed as possible. Opinions from all the members who can stay impartial are very welcome.

Pre hand history: Jamie Holland came to table as chip leader, after few levels his stack went down from something like 300k to 50k or so with most of that coming my way. Later he recovered to 135k ish. We played many hands against each other last 2 levels. In last level he clearly play3ed for double up or bust, few huge overbets in hands leading to the last one.

Dealer: Although until that dealer came to the table, level of dealers has been excellent all night, this particular dealer looked 'disinterested and fed up' with his job role at  best. I believe he dealt last 2 levels at least and more or less every single hand had isomeking of iissues - cards has been sticking to his fingers, they had been pushed to wrong people, misdealt etc.

Effective stacks: Mine 240k ish, Jamie's 135k ish. 5 minutes before end of play.
Hand: Preflop, flop, turn actions ARE NOT IMPORTANT. 2 way pot on the river. Board reads I believe 67735(in no particular order), rainbow (although there was flush draw possible on the turn). Pot is relatively small, about 50k on 2000/4000 blinds. I check, Jamie again pushes all in. I assume i have Q4 for straight/missed flush and more than confident I am ahead due to previous way Jamie played. After some deliberation I call Jamie's all in of 126k and almost instantly got congratulated on good call. Even now I have no idea what he had as I am not sure if his hand even had been revealed.

After hand: I flip Q4 as any other hand. After minute or so dealer wakes up from his dreaming/sleep mode and starts counting Jamie's chips or pushing put etc. Then from somewhere comes a cry that my hand has 3 cards. TD is called.

TD (Daniel). Comes to table, and after so God knows 60 secs calls that lovely 'you not gonna like this.....' decision. No single player had been consulted or his opinion taken into consideration whatsoever.

Players' on the table opinion. Please feel free to correct me but to best of my knowledge every player including Jamie agreed that:
A. I played Q4
B. That pot should be split

My personal position. At now any stage I saw 3rd card in my hand until after it was flipped over and somebody noticed that. My line of play really cannot represent nothing else than Q4 of diamonds. Any sugestion otherwise would be really improbable - i would need to be mentally retarded to call 126k bet after investing 20k in the pot whilst knowing I had 3 cards. Although not many of you saw me recently at DTD, but I am not novice in poker.
Now TD decision. As far as I know the main line then making decision should be: 'Decision should be made the best possible way in fairness of the game'. Further I think about all this situation it is getting harder and harder to notice any fairness in decision whatsoever.

It looks my first deepstack will stay in memory for a while. As some famous people love to say: #LoveTheGame.

Living a dangerous dream...
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »

Finding it hard to believe you didn't know u had 3 cards tbh, but I would say your hand is dead.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:47:06 PM by Woodsey » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »

You're not gonna like this.....

Your hand is dead.

Sorry.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 02:58:55 PM »

It's a very simple clear ruling

Three cards, your hand is dead

I know its unfortunate that you only discover at the end of the hand, and it always stings in an importnat pot, but the TD is totally right

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »

Your hand is dead.

Hope all three opinions so far have been impartial enough for you.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »

Hand is dead

Any other option leaves the door open to people trying to cheat when they get dealt 3 hole cards

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 03:06:37 PM »

Dead as a dead thing from Deadwood.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Leeds howard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »

My previous job was cardroom supervisor and its very clear your hand is dead regardless of ill intent or whether you knew you had 3 cards or not.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 03:08:06 PM »

Hand is sess all chips you put in are lost

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 03:08:17 PM »

fold pre
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »

Sadly, there are similarities between your hand, and Monty Python's parrot.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »

really simple decision and td is 100% right

the suggestion that the pot should be split is laughable and is the reason he didn't take players' opinions into consideration

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 03:14:15 PM »

Yeah hand is dead unfortunately.

A few years ago at Gala in Nottingham I moved all in with what I thought was AQ, and was called by 1 player.

It turned out I actually had AQ7, my hand was deemed dead, and other player automatically won my chips Sad

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 03:19:02 PM »

Yup hand is Deffo dead

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 03:36:33 PM »

Haven't read op, but your hand is most certainly dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: