blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 11:49:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179706 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: July 07, 2011, 10:11:13 AM »

If you don't count the flying things. 

did ger not help you out?

He DID as it happens.  He'd some idea in his head that the rind of a lemon ground up into hot water would do some damage when poured onto the spots where ya see them running to hide.  Smelled nice anyway.  

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 07, 2011, 10:14:33 AM »

Jack says he didn't notice anything wrong on the day. 

Amazing how quickly people can become comfortable with eachother. Only took him a couple of weeks to stop paying attention Wink

Oi!  Bite me!  You've obviously not been paying attention either.  I did say I've gone calmer since this new relationship started.  Calmer Laxie = quieter Laxie.  Mostly.  If you don't count trampolines in random back yards obv.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 07, 2011, 10:17:44 AM »

Seeing as Boldie has turned this into a 'photos of The Duke sitting in chairs' thread, I thought I'd share this photo of Ger relaxing with a beer and a newspaper whilst wearing a fetching hat.

Poor Ger.  At least you spared him the famous walrus shot.  Or this one...

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1878 on: July 07, 2011, 10:20:25 AM »

Seeing as Boldie has turned this into a 'photos of The Duke sitting in chairs' thread, I thought I'd share this photo of Ger relaxing with a beer and a newspaper whilst wearing a fetching hat.

Click to see full-size image.

that's stunnning!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1879 on: July 07, 2011, 10:26:17 AM »

I remember Ger telling me about his previous job as a park ranger. Yogi Bear was delighted when he retired.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: July 07, 2011, 10:28:39 AM »

Over a year ago I'd to face something that wasn't at all nice or good.  It's been a long road and plenty of people along the way helped me get to where I am now in one piece.  And believe me, there were days where I didn't think that was possible.  But with an insane amount of help, we've got there.  Just have to face one last hurdle, kick the demons to the curb and move on from it.  Tomorrow is that day.  Off to Luton to put it to rest once and for all.  I doubt much will come from it, but at least I know I did the right thing and stood my ground.  Even if I needed help standing now and then.  Just a quick thanks to everyone for all the messages and support.  Not going to name names because of the sensitive nature of things, but you know who you are.  It's meant the world to me.  xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 07, 2011, 10:31:48 AM »

Nobody messes with Da...not even Yogi Bear.   

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1882 on: July 07, 2011, 10:38:32 AM »

Ok have your fun, I will rise above it.............

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1883 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »

Ok have your fun, I will rise above it.............

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 07, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »

I blame Andrew.  He started it.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1885 on: July 07, 2011, 10:50:28 AM »

I blame Andrew.  He started it.

Indeed..but don't worry, he'll get his come-uppance.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 07, 2011, 11:06:20 AM »

So we got that new oven a couple of weeks back and I'm still learning to cook with it.  It's a gas oven and I've not used one of those in yeeeeeeeears.  I've almost managed to make bread properly.  Almost.  Ger was here and I went to lift my 'just out of the oven' loaf of bread off the baking tray, only it wouldn't budge.  That's because the raw centre was still stuck to the baking tray.  FML.  Jammed the cooked bit back onto the raw bit and threw the lot back into the oven again.  Don't even get me started on the partridge from dinner the other night.  Nearly had it.

Not to be deterred, I made a small batch of chocolate chip cookies Tuesday night.  Took them longer to cook than the recipe claimed, but at least I managed to serve them up cooked and not half raw.  We've since purchased a larger baking tray and a bunch of other fun kitchen utensils.  I'm about to test the cookie dough again with the new gear.  If they work out properly, I applaud the chef and the new gear.  If not, I'm back to blaming the gas oven.  I CAN cook...honest.  Sigh.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 07, 2011, 11:10:28 AM »

And another thing while I'm on it.  How can a person who's been proper active (compared to before) suddenly GAIN weight?!  Is there any chance I've put on muscle from all the yard work and that's causing the gain on the scales?  Please tell me it is.  Would hate to find out it's from the cookies.  Especially as I was eating those well before I moved over here. 

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1888 on: July 07, 2011, 11:12:28 AM »

I've seen enough Masterchef episodes to know that a good chef never blames the equipment.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1889 on: July 07, 2011, 11:13:20 AM »

And another thing while I'm on it.  How can a person who's been proper active (compared to before) suddenly GAIN weight?!  Is there any chance I've put on muscle from all the yard work and that's causing the gain on the scales?  Please tell me it is.  Would hate to find out it's from the cookies.  Especially as I was eating those well before I moved over here. 

Happiness adds a few pounds, they'll be the best pounds you ever gain.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: