blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:02:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 523921 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2580 on: October 24, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »

leeds have a huge following

Yeah I'm not debating that, was thinking ground sizes in Championship more than anything.

Would expect Man U/City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle to have more fans at away games in a season. Plus I'd expect the teams that just get promoted to the Premiership to have good support as they want to enjoy it while it lasts.

Not including Newcastle as I'm obv biased I'd say Man U have the best away following.

The thing about United (Liverpool and Arsenal too. Lesser for Man City, Chelsea and Spurs) is they have support all over country, so away support isn't really the same.

I'd say Leeds and Newcastle have the biggest travelling support.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: October 24, 2012, 05:30:05 PM »

Key words
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: October 24, 2012, 05:41:14 PM »

When we were semi decent 1988-2001 going away with Leeds was pretty funny, most of the towns/cities just could not cope with the influx of Leeds fans, with or without tickets you always seemed to get thousands in away cities/town pubs literally taking over most teams turf.

The thing I found baffling on Friday was there was literally 4 stewards infront of the main bulk of Leeds fans preventing them from going on the pitch, around 50 were in the corner preventing them from getting/taunting the SW fans. What shit for brains thought that was enough? they not realise there was like 5000+ Leeds fans and 4 stewards preventing most from doing what they wanted was a slight oversight.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: October 28, 2012, 02:10:48 PM »

the joys of prison

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: October 28, 2012, 02:16:29 PM »

Yeah I'm not debating that, was thinking ground sizes in Championship more than anything.

Would expect Man U/City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle to have more fans at away games in a season. Plus I'd expect the teams that just get promoted to the Premiership to have good support as they want to enjoy it while it lasts.

Not including Newcastle as I'm obv biased I'd say Man U have the best away following.

The thing about United (Liverpool and Arsenal too. Lesser for Man City, Chelsea and Spurs) is they have support all over country, so away support isn't really the same.

It's nearly impossible to be a casual away fan of Liverpool. You just can't get the tickets. Almost all of our away fans will be travelling support.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: October 31, 2012, 11:09:31 PM »

chelsea at home!!!  OIOI

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: October 31, 2012, 11:24:03 PM »

Disappointed.

We've already had a few games like this in the last few years and I felt we had a real chance at a Wembley trip if the draw fell our way with the likes of Bradford, Norwich and Mboro making the quarters.

Oh well, will be a cracking night, I'm going to get absolutely comatose that afternoon.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: October 31, 2012, 11:31:47 PM »

It's nearly impossible to be a casual away fan of Liverpool. You just can't get the tickets. Almost all of our away fans will be travelling support.

I was thinking this, will be the same for Man U right ?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: November 01, 2012, 12:19:02 AM »

When QPR play Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United (or used to.. now we have like 80% season ticket holders in our areas) there used to be away fans throughout the ground.

I remember seeing QPR v United one year, sitting where I always do. When United scored 75%+ of the people where I was celebrated.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: November 01, 2012, 12:52:00 AM »

When QPR play Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United (or used to.. now we have like 80% season ticket holders in our areas) there used to be away fans throughout the ground.

I remember seeing QPR v United one year, sitting where I always do. When United scored 75%+ of the people where I was celebrated.

try going to man utd v wigan. I would say support is 60/40 in the favour of united in the ground and also most of the 40% will be made up of other fans from the area, liverpool city everton bolton etc wanting to watch a united game for cheap!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: November 01, 2012, 08:34:33 AM »

Leeds v Chelsea......oh dear!

It's gonna kick off again right?

When the draw was on I bet the whole of the FA were like, please not Leeds v Chelsea.  Should be a great atmosphere, will be on telly surely.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: November 01, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »

I know what BH is saying, speshly if we drew Bradford but I'm still happy with a big home game vs Chelsea, I would say Chelsea are the 2nd most hated team by Leeds fans (although I don't dislike them that much anymore). I think what BH has missed is the fact I will get to sing my favourite song...

When I was just a lad...

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: November 01, 2012, 12:34:58 PM »

http://www.theshedend.com/topic/21901-dirty-leeds-surely-the-tie-we-all-wanted/

It's safe to say Chelsea fans are up for it.

Its like 1978 up there lol had me laughing.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: November 01, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »

" Not a place for the familes, couples and hats and scarves that make up a good chunk of our support nowadays. It's gonna be a cracking throwback to the 'good old days'."

lol.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2594 on: November 01, 2012, 01:16:02 PM »

might be a few wednesday travelling up with the chelsea boys
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: