blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:43:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179499 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: June 14, 2011, 02:21:31 PM »

My Internet connection is such a joke would have played buttttt takes that bleeding long to update. Oh well..

No worries Mo.  As it was, I didn't last very long.  Anyone need lessons on how to donk a deep stack before the first break?  I'm yer man.  Even Tikay lasted longer.  How bad is that?!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1756 on: June 14, 2011, 03:21:48 PM »

My Internet connection is such a joke would have played buttttt takes that bleeding long to update. Oh well..

No worries Mo.  As it was, I didn't last very long.  Anyone need lessons on how to donk a deep stack before the first break?  I'm yer man.  Even Tikay lasted longer.  How bad is that?!

QQ v AK will do that to you

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: June 14, 2011, 03:25:34 PM »

Was going to do a proper full trip report from the week-end, but I've decided not to for the minute.  A couple of reasons for holding back, but main one being I'm currently running around like a headless chicken.   

So here's the short version - Jack arrived Friday morning and after settling him in at Mary's, he and I headed off for a lovely day rambling around Cork City.   I saw so many things I didn't even know were in Cork that day.  All the years I've been going there to shop and missed so much in my rush to 'just get it done'.  Amazing what ya notice when you take yer time about it.  After the stroll, we'd a stop at the English Market to buy some picnic stuff for Saturday.  If it's good enough for the Queen, it's good enough for us.  From there, it was back to Mary's for dinner and a night of relaxing. 

She spent the week-end taking photos and half the time we'd no clue she was at it....

Click to see full-size image.

Saturday was spent beach crawling.  Mary wasn't sure which one to go to, so we tried a few.  In the end we settled on Youghal and tucked in to the things we'd bought in the market the day before.  Then I got to play in the water.  Yay!  If there was any point where he may have cause to change his mind about the move, that was the time imo.  I'm a bit like a kid when ya get me near the beach. 

Sunday was basically spent chilling.  Mary cooked a big roast leg of lamb dinner and the three of us hung out chatting and being stuffed with more food.  My god, Mary likes to fill a plate.  I'd have no hope of fitting in the front door after a while if I lived there.  She even sent Jack home with a packed lunch for work the next day. 

We carried him back to the airport Sunday evening and from then on, the next count down began.  Only a short time left and you'll all be free of the dreaded count downs.  But trust me, if ye thought it was a struggle to read...you can imagine how we've felt waiting.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: June 14, 2011, 03:27:50 PM »

QQ v AK will do that to you

Fair point...at least I went in ahead.  Makes a nice change to be honest.   

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: June 14, 2011, 06:14:45 PM »

Beautiful pictures.

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1760 on: June 14, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »

Beautiful pictures.

Replacement bucket ordered 

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1761 on: June 14, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »

Thursday

[X] No more countdowns on every social network known to man

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: June 14, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »

Thursday

[X] No more countdowns on every social network known to man

You have my word  x

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: June 15, 2011, 02:15:37 AM »

God, today was tough.  Possibly one of the most difficult days of me life.  And I've had plenty of tough ones.  But reality sank in when I least expected it and for the first time ever, I've experienced extreme happiness mixed with extreme sadness...all in one go. 

Was going great guns all along keeping a brave face and making sure I did my best to hold a light 'air' about the place.  Didn't want to upset the kids.  But then something truly silly happened to set me off bawling... 

I've a wee glass oil bottle that the kids brought back for me from one of their trips to America.  It's kept on the counter all the time and a couple of weeks ago I'd decided that was coming with me.  Bridget called over asking to borrow cooking oil tonight and Brian went to hand her that.  Now I get on great with Bridget, but she's also great for holding on to borrowed items with ages.  Normally I'd loan her anything she asks for, but no way was she taking that glass bottle tonight. 

When I piped up with my objection everyone looked at me as if I'd lost the plot.  They weren't wrong but I didn't care.  As I looked at a room full of confused faces I did in fact lose it.  In the end I had to tell them I was hoping to take the wee bottle with me because it reminds me of them.  And I'd prefer if it stayed close by until I've packed it. 

Even now I've tears in me eyes over that stupid wee glass oil bottle.  But truth is, the tears aren't over the bottle...I'm going to miss my kids.  Love them with all my heart and I think they know that.  I'm leaving here because it's right, but I'm not leaving them.  Still hurts though.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: June 16, 2011, 03:00:26 AM »

They're off.  The crew made it to Cork airport safe and sound and they've since landed safely in Spain. 

We got through the morning relatively tear free.  Sarah and I spent most of the morning cuddled on the sofa together.  Then I gave Brian the best hair cut I've ever done, much to his amusement.  Thought he was going to give out to me for doing it wrong yet again.  Instead he said, "Figures.  Last hair cut and you do a proper perfect job of it.  Didn't take you half long enough to get it right though."  With that, the pair of us burst out laughing.  Yeah, I know.  We're slightly tapped.  It's the little things in life set this house going.

SinĂ©ad kept her distance though.  She's a bit like her mom.  Needs time to get her head around things.  Thought she was grand with the last couple of weeks, but turns out she was pulling my own bluff.  God knows I taught her well.  If something bothers you, say nothing and it might work itself out.  If it doesn't, god help the person on the wrong end of things.  Just hope she works it out at some stage.  Because being the wrong end of the likes of her wouldn't be fun.  She'll get there eventually.  She's like me, so I have to believe that.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: June 16, 2011, 03:05:27 AM »

I owe a thanks and an apology all in one.  The number of texts and PM's after last night's post was overwhelming.  Thank you for caring...and sorry for scaring.  But don't worry...she's ok.  Was bound to break down at some stage.  Tried really hard not to.  But I'm glad I did as it happens.  At least the kids know I care now.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: June 16, 2011, 05:12:37 AM »

Soooooooooo...soon I'll be well on me way up some M road or other to Leicester.  I've no doubts or worries in the world when it comes to my decision to move over to Jack's.  The man is a true gem and I've proper luckboxed it as far as I'm concerned.  It's been stressful and emotional around here that's had me on edge.  But one thing's certain...I'm looking forward to being there with him.

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1767 on: June 16, 2011, 06:53:43 AM »

Thanks for putting up with our various countdowns around the place. You can't blame us for being a bit excited - it's not everyday you fall in love for the first time Smiley

Chez technolog has been primped & preened but, ffs there's still a fair bit of work to do - typical bachelor here I'm afraid - but it's going to be fun bringing it up to scratch with this lovely lady. What a lucky lad I am!

So no more countdowns. Promise. After 2.20pm.

0d 22m

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: June 16, 2011, 09:08:51 AM »

NO MORE SLEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!! 

See ya soon.  xx

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: June 16, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »

Good luck to you both.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: