blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:22:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 181387 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: June 08, 2011, 02:51:52 PM »

I used to live near trottiscliffe

have a guess at how to pronounce that one dawn. I'm gonna guess you're not even close

answer here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trottiscliffe

Without looking at the link, I'll take a guess that it's like this - 'trots cliff'.  Another one of those ones where they threw a letter in (I) for a laugh.  Going to see how close I was now.

Trozli?  TROZLI?!  Where the heck did they come up with that from?!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 08, 2011, 02:54:52 PM »

it's brilliant isn't it? can't believe you didn't get it though

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 08, 2011, 02:57:26 PM »

it's brilliant isn't it? can't believe you didn't get it though

Sure was gonna come near getting it correct.  Must make that one of the first places visited so I can shock the locals with my translation skillz. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1728 on: June 08, 2011, 03:00:24 PM »

So Americans say "Beddy" when they mean "Betty" but when they say "Doody" do  they mean "Duty" or "Crap"?

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: June 08, 2011, 03:01:43 PM »

Will be picking yer brains for any last minute tips before heading over there, so be thinking of what ya reckon I should know.  Yeah, I've been for lots of visits around the place through blonde and APAT.  But this is the real deal.  Don't want to look and sound like a complete eejit just off the boat.  Granted, that's never stopped me before.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: June 08, 2011, 03:05:25 PM »

So Americans say "Beddy" when they mean "Betty" but when they say "Doody" do  they mean "Duty" or "Crap"?

Depends on what part of America you're in and the context of the conversation, but I can assure you it won't be half as difficult to decipher as all this carry on.  God forgive me for saying it, but I'm a Yank so can just about get it through - they aren't half as creative with their vocabulary as you lot are.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1731 on: June 08, 2011, 03:10:46 PM »

Thou impertinent flap-mouthed malt-worm!

Shakespeare.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: June 08, 2011, 03:19:20 PM »

Thou impertinent flap-mouthed malt-worm!

Shakespeare.

Agreed. 

At least me mouth can handle the pint glass.   

Laxie

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: June 08, 2011, 03:34:22 PM »

Imma epic fail the map studies for today.  Just know it.  Apologies in advance Ger.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: June 08, 2011, 03:39:55 PM »

Will be picking yer brains for any last minute tips before heading over there, so be thinking of what ya reckon I should know.

Be ready for one of the local bus companies - I just about died laughing first time I saw one.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: June 08, 2011, 03:42:10 PM »

Loughborough = Looga Barooga?  FFS, I wouldn't have messed it up THAT bad.  Nearly had me though.  Was genuinely trying to google info on the town.  Sigh.  Well done.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: June 08, 2011, 03:53:30 PM »

Will be picking yer brains for any last minute tips before heading over there, so be thinking of what ya reckon I should know.

Be ready for one of the local bus companies - I just about died laughing first time I saw one.

Hate to be the Einstein who came up with that one!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: June 08, 2011, 04:14:43 PM »

Now then...on to the serious stuff.

The kids are handling everything remarkably well these days.  I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do - telling them about my intentions to move before their holiday.  But it looks like it was bang on as it's given them time to get their heads around the idea. 

Brian and Sarah have been reasonably ok from the get go.  SinĂ©ad is a bit like her mother.  She needed space as well as time to mull it over.  If I attempted to approach her before she was ready, I'd know all about it.  She's only properly come around this past week.  Not sure if she's finally accepted things or if other rumours around the village (nothing to do with us - but thanks for taking the heat off) have lightened her mood with regards to this house.  Don't know and don't care if truth be told.  Just glad she's smiling and talking to me again.  I was prepared to wait months for it to happen.  Glad I didn't have to.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: June 08, 2011, 04:29:51 PM »

So they're off to Salou next week for a wee holiday.  They leave the day before I do.  We've the neighbours lined up to look after the dogs/house and just about everything else is in order.  I'm hoping the holiday with their Dad will be a nice break for them.  Because when they get home, it's back to reality. 

I'll always be only a phone call away and a flight if need be.  Already there's a return trip planned for Sarah's ortho op.  It's not a 'serious' op as such and I'm pretty sure she's just testing the theory that I'm as close as I say.  Just waiting on the appointment date and I'll book it.  Will only be a few days, but at least it shows them I'm there when I'm needed.  Life goes on and I'm getting on with it, but I'll never stop loving my kids.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: June 08, 2011, 06:39:56 PM »

my dad used to work with an american woman who arranged all their appointments for them.  She once asked where the 'izzle of wig-it' was, and the correct pronunciation was explained to her.  Obv took it all on board coz next day she had a job for someone in 'eye-all-worth'.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: