blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:04:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272708 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 ... 400 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Thread  (Read 1027553 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3150 on: February 16, 2015, 09:32:36 PM »

Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: February 18, 2015, 04:38:41 PM »

RIP Burton Port Sad

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: February 18, 2015, 04:46:35 PM »

RIP Burton Port Sad

Sad indeed mate. Always promised so much. RIP

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: February 18, 2015, 09:21:50 PM »

Cheesy

That´s the best since he had his bankroll confiscated by Full Tilt. Hilarious!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: February 18, 2015, 09:53:39 PM »

RIP Burton Port Sad

Sad indeed mate. Always promised so much. RIP

terrible news. RIP

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
simonnatur

View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: February 20, 2015, 12:01:58 PM »

Reluctant to race, came home in own time
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: February 20, 2015, 12:51:06 PM »

Cheesy

That´s the best since he had his bankroll confiscated by Full Tilt. Hilarious!

Made me laugh anyway Grin

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: February 20, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »

Butter me up must have gotten stung badly last year, because only Boyles are NRNB on anything outside of the Championship races.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: February 24, 2015, 10:42:53 AM »

When you look at a horse's form in the RP and the prizemoney it has won, it lists Hurdles, 'Chases, NHF, Flat etc.

It also lists "Rules Races" often for quite considerable amounts.

What exactly are these Rules Races?

Here's an example:

www.racingpost.com/horses/horse_home.sd?race_id=598076&r_date=2015-03-12&horse_id=723488#topHorseTabs=horse_
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:07:22 AM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: February 24, 2015, 11:52:20 AM »

When you look at a horse's form in the RP and the prizemoney it has won, it lists Hurdles, 'Chases, NHF, Flat etc.

Here's an example:

www.racingpost.com/horses/horse_home.sd?race_id=598076&r_date=2015-03-12&horse_id=723488#topHorseTabs=horse_

Looks like the two totals added together mate......

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: February 24, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »

Here's an example:

Looks like the two totals added together mate......

LDO 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: March 12, 2015, 01:16:00 AM »

I am hoping that we see the next Gold Cup winner today up at Carlisle Cheesy, but I must confess I was very very taken by Road to Riches performance at Down Royal.

Ok, it was early season fare, but he ran them stupid at the end, and the further he goes the better he looks, with his jumping getting better than ever at the end.

He also lost a few lengths at many fences when jumping left. Not a problem at Cheltenham.

By close of play we shall have seen most of the protaganists and I have invested a bit ew on R2R at 25s. GL

Hopefully, with our portfolio of R2R, Many Clouds and Silv Conti, we pretty much have the GC covered! Wink

So with only really the Irish Henessey to go as a real Gold Cup trial, our portfolio looks to be in as good a position as it can be, with the first three favourites and some amazing value.

Silviniaco Conti, advised as a double @20-1, now best priced 3-1

Road to Riches, advised at 25-1, now 8-1

Many Clouds, some of us have vouchers at 90s down, now best priced 10-1

I am also hoping to see Windsor Park progress in the Novices, to hopefully step up to the Neptune.

Be lucky chaps.

I love it when a plan comes together!!! Wink

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: March 12, 2015, 09:32:38 AM »

Good stuff!

I was hoping he would step up in trip for the Albert  Tongue

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: March 16, 2015, 02:03:50 PM »

LEADING trainer Mark Johnston has hit out at the changes to the Flat jockeys' title, warning top riders will head overseas earlier than usual and potentially ride in Britain for only six months of the year.

Instead of running from March to November, the championship - and the one for owners - will now start on Guineas weekend at Newmarket in May and finish on Qipco British Champions Day at Ascot in October.

The new look was formally announced on Monday and the news fixtures such as the Betway Lincoln meeting at Doncaster and Newmarket's Craven meeting at the start of the Flat turf season, and the Racing Post Trophy and Betfred November Handicap at Doncaster will not be part of the new campaign has not gone down well with horsemen.

Jockey Luke Morris, known for his hard work and the number of rides he takes, said the period when the Flat season starts in March until Guineas weekend in May would be irrelevant and Lambourn trainer Jamie Osborne suggested it would complicate an already complicated system. His counterpart Brendan Powell described it as "madness".

Johnston is seemingly not a fan either and wrote on his website on Sunday about fixture clashes resulting in top jockeys missing important meetings.

He added on Monday morning: "So you can now brace yourself for the departure of our top jockeys, to sunnier, more lucrative, climes in early October. They may, or may not, return for the Craven meeting but you can take it that the majority will only ride in Britain for six months of the year. Another great idea from the folks at Racing For No Change."

Great British Racing, the promotional body that took over duties from Racing For Change, has been looking to make changes for some time and the Professional Jockeys Association supports the plans, which will include a prize for most wins in a calendar year.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: March 16, 2015, 02:04:21 PM »

^ utterly rtdd. Where do they get these ideas from?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 ... 400 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: