blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:09:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 610 611 [612] 613 614 615 616 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2570778 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9165 on: July 30, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »

...sorry you are having a tough time of it at the moment. It happens to us all, though of course this doesn't make it any easier when it is our turn/time. Focus on being surrounded by great friends and enjoying a game you clearly have a passion for and all will be good again soon I'm sure.

Boooom! Sick day, 2nd biggest ever winning day, and I barely played a hand.

So so so proud of him and happy for him and myself.

Will write more tomorrow, am absolutely battered, but absolutely delighted.

Have been feeling so so so low last few days about everything. Hannah, the business, poker, the future. One result seems to change everything in a flash. Sick sick life this is.

#lovethegame

My work here is done.

Hero.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: July 30, 2012, 09:49:25 AM »

I said it on the updates and I'll say it again, Peej is a mental WARRIOR. If there's one person that rasta's speech play won't work on, its him. Well done mate.
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: July 30, 2012, 01:10:27 PM »

Well done on the result Alex, (and PJ obv) watched it on the link and it was a great final table, and deff great heads up match. Will be making rare visit up to DTD for£200 f/o this weekend so will say hi if see you. GL

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: July 30, 2012, 01:57:17 PM »

Good work PeeJay, delighted for you mate Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: July 30, 2012, 02:04:44 PM »

My Colombia auction sparked a hell of a lot of controversy this week, and it closed last night at 1.55. There's a 20% tax on winnings so this equates to about 1.9 in real terms.

Plenty of people have been saying how bad value this is. I'm not taking it personally and I'm not offended by this but I would like to give those people an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is and back myself at that price. You get a lot of people chatting a lot of shit saying how x is terrible value but I wonder how many of those people would actually put their money at risk and lay me in this tournament.

I've written this on the thread but doubt many people will read it there, to confirm:

Minimum 5%, maximum 25%. 5% costs £116.63. So if you want to lay me 5%, I'll give you £116 and you're liable to pay 5% of my gross prize money after tax. No final table deals, based on last years figures, your exposure would be about £8k per 5%.

Obviously only accepting offers from people I know and trust pretty well.

mmmm.

I think the reason it got flamed a bit was more the nature of it, for example you said you'd be undeniably "GREAT" value at 2.0, which, would require, after the rakes an ROI of like 250-300%. I'm personally in the camp of those that believe you probably are decent value at this price (I don't think anyone would be GREAT value, but then how I define GREAT might be different) but I actually kind of agree that I think it's somewhat of an outlandish claim.  You're unfamiliar with the structure, the place, traveling by yourself etc you have some good results already but all these have come from tournaments in DTD...

Like I say though I actually think they've bought well even at 1.55(1.9) but I'm way more informed to draw that conclusion than a lot of people so it would have been very easy for a lot of people to have bad buys here - if you get my point?

Anyways no dig at all and I hope you win and lovely PeeJay score, guess that solves the freeing up capital for more pokering problems now thumbs up

wiiiiiiiii

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: July 30, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »

Orly. You are way more deformed than informed.

Alex I kow you believe so you are bound to achieve

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9171 on: July 30, 2012, 05:43:24 PM »

lol

Think you'd get on well with Galen Hall Alex, check out his summer staking thread. All the same discussions!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: July 30, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »

You're unfamiliar with the structure, the place, traveling by yourself etc you have some good results already but all these have come from tournaments in DTD...

I think someone's forgotten who the reigning Spanish Open champion is Tongue

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: July 30, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »

lol

Think you'd get on well with Galen Hall Alex, check out his summer staking thread. All the same discussions!

I'd take that as an insult Alex

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: July 30, 2012, 05:50:30 PM »

My Colombia auction sparked a hell of a lot of controversy this week, and it closed last night at 1.55. There's a 20% tax on winnings so this equates to about 1.9 in real terms.

Plenty of people have been saying how bad value this is. I'm not taking it personally and I'm not offended by this but I would like to give those people an opportunity to put their money where their mouth is and back myself at that price. You get a lot of people chatting a lot of shit saying how x is terrible value but I wonder how many of those people would actually put their money at risk and lay me in this tournament.

I've written this on the thread but doubt many people will read it there, to confirm:

Minimum 5%, maximum 25%. 5% costs £116.63. So if you want to lay me 5%, I'll give you £116 and you're liable to pay 5% of my gross prize money after tax. No final table deals, based on last years figures, your exposure would be about £8k per 5%.

Obviously only accepting offers from people I know and trust pretty well.

Don't take this the wrong way but is it that you all of a sudden made this decision or was it the case that you had a decent bink with Peejay and decided that you really would like to have 100% of yourself at 1.00 in this now so would try and buyback the staked element at the cost you had sold it at with the added benefit of proving a point?  The timing of your post offering the buyback really suggests the latter to me.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: July 30, 2012, 06:03:49 PM »

It's nothing to do with wanting to have 100% of myself or buying back action, I promise you that.

I'm fed up of people saying it's bad value when I don't think it is. It's insulting the people who have backed me, saying they've overpaid, and to some extent it's insulting my ability.

I got really drunk yesterday and I guess that pushed me to make this bet to prove two points

A) that people will chat all they like saying I'm bad value at that price, but when you say "ok let's bet on it", they are nowhere to be seen. And

B) I wanted to stick up for the people who've backed me, 2 of which i know a bit, 1 I know very well, and two people I've never met. I wanted to show them that I believe they've made a good investment.

The bink with PJ has given me a bit more liquidity to make this bet, but if I'd been as drunk and he'd come 9th, I wouldve still made the bet probably but only for like 10% lol.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: July 30, 2012, 06:17:20 PM »

if we didn't think it was a good investment, we wouldn't have bid Smiley
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: July 30, 2012, 06:21:09 PM »

Its a bit much to expect people to risk thousands to win a pittance. Thats the problem with the bet

Antifunking is a pretty horrible thing as well

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: July 30, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »

"The bink with PJ has given me a bit more liquidity to make this bet, but if I'd been as drunk and he'd come 9th, I wouldve still made the bet probably but only for like 10% lol."

Think you are getting a bit confused- you are risking less than £600 in total. All of which you have sold for a package that you have already bought in, basically you are risking 0. And the actual difference between 10% and 25% is like £350.

So him winning and coming 9th means you are gonna risk £350 more on a bet, when you probably won 10k+ more in actual money.

Bit nitty kid Smiley
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: July 30, 2012, 06:26:05 PM »

Losing 20% of winnings will always have a -ev on value, it might not be the worst value out there, but it is certainly worse than it was originally. I think I was the first person to bid in the original thread, even though auctions tilt me to fuck, after I found out about the tax I wasn't really interested.

The thing I find a bit off is the fact it is so easy to call out people who think it is bad value with a bet like this, your exposure is tiny and their liability is massive. It would be purely egotistical and a bit stupid to take it on. If roles were reversed and you was willing to take it on that would be ballsie.

Ballsie for me would be to accept bets on what you believe your roi % to be vs people saying its not a value proposition. A straight book, now that would be ballsie and im pretty sure it would get some action.

cant write properly off to see batman.

Pages: 1 ... 608 609 610 611 [612] 613 614 615 616 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: