blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 06:52:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 606 607 [608] 609 610 611 612 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2582170 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #9105 on: July 27, 2012, 03:52:32 PM »

U doubled 6 vs a 4 or a 5 then. Many witnesses.

That's a good double if it's vs 4 or 5 mate. Because the banker needed
minimum of 2 cards to made a hand . I am a blackjack pro long time ago till
I have to give up and do Fish & Chips instead. Mehhhhhhhh

Not surprised you had to give up if you think that's a good double Wink. -ev doubling anything <9 whatever the dealer's got. Chance of a dealer busting a 4 is 40%, a 5 is 42%.

wrong:

soft 3, soft 4, soft 5 soft 6, soft 7 and soft 8 are all doubles vs certain dealer cards. I guess thats >9 tho coz its really 13/14/15/16/17/18 Tongue

Yes, wasn't talking about soft totals at all. You double them as there is a decent chance of finding a winning 18+ on the double even if the dealer doesn't bust. Was only a couple of weeks ago I posted the strategy chart. Don't want to pollute an excellent diary with another blackjack discussion.

Alex - in terms of P+S cameras, I'd be looking at Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Fuji. Given you don't want to be lugging around anything too expensive, the one you linked to looks fine to me. Will do the job. Suggest you get 2-3 memory cards, swap them regularly, and try and work out some kind of backup strategy if possible. Not an Apple person but I think you can connect to Ipad and upload to cloud if you get decent wifi? That way if you lose the camera you won't lose all your photos, given you're out there for quite a while.

Edit: Beaten to that advice by David. NH sir.

Google Drive is a good option if you're not an apple person.  Plenty of free space and very easy to use.

thumbs up

Oh, I'm fine, but thanks. My non-Apple tablet has both a card reader and multiple USB sockets, so I just plug in an external drive and copy photos across. If I wanted to do that on any of the late Mr Jobs' products, either a) I can't or b) I have to buy some ridiculously priced proprietary accessories. And I need no access to a data connection.

I'm an Apple hater. And proud of it.

Oh I c Tongue
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9106 on: July 27, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »

Can't remember off the top of my head mate but a lot of guys at work have the same 'hardcore' waterproof to 10m, shockproof and dropproof cameras and I think they were 12mp and about £110 ..

They absolutely LOVE them and tue underwater pics are epic.

Agree 3x 4gb cards and I personally prefer the 'higher speed' 15mb/ sec transfer rate.  Make sure you get a photo-stitch program so you can take sick panoramics and make sure you take them all portrait style and take an extra one or two (5+ photos) Makes them bigger and much much sexier imo.

Smiley

Sorry for yet another thread hijack, but do you remember the make/model of the waterproof camera you're talking about?

Oh, and talking of panoramics, there are cameras these days where you just hold them up and sweep round slowly and it does the panorama for you. Very very cool.

I think this guy might be even posher than Alex:

[BBC] Other automatic sweep panorama manufacturers are available[/BBC]

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9107 on: July 27, 2012, 05:54:37 PM »

My android phone does the sweepy panoramic thing. Ain't Google brilliant!?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: July 27, 2012, 06:00:46 PM »

My android phone does the sweepy panoramic thing. Ain't Google brilliant!?

So does my iPhone and my iPad. Don't you just love Apple.

Ah! The element of surprise
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: July 27, 2012, 06:13:30 PM »

So do my eyes

Woooo DNA

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9110 on: July 27, 2012, 06:21:59 PM »

So do my eyes

Woooo DNA

Nooooo.   god did that lol

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: July 27, 2012, 06:57:14 PM »

I've spent almost 12months total in SAmerica, SEAsia and Africa Herbie, I'm not a travel fish ty Smiley
thumbs up

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9112 on: July 27, 2012, 07:56:07 PM »

So do my eyes

Woooo DNA

Deserves more love.

The older I get, the better I was.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: July 28, 2012, 01:11:16 AM »

Have some words to say about David Blackburn who I briefly played with in the Grand Prix today. Tanking doing a blog Vicky Coren style about this guy. I don't think it's a very smart idea but she's pretty smart and she did it. Hmm I'll sleep on it I think.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: July 28, 2012, 01:14:25 AM »

Alex has gone soooo contraversial in his old age Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: July 28, 2012, 01:34:37 AM »

Don't need to sleep on it. Awful idea. Stato put it best: "random dude in grand prix in "being a dickhead" shocker".

The comp was pretty unpleasant to play. My first table was reasonably friendly, but there was so many nasty people on the others, no etiquette, consideration, manners. Wouldn't play again.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: July 28, 2012, 01:38:26 AM »

Don't need to sleep on it. Awful idea. Stato put it best: "random dude in grand prix in "being a dickhead" shocker".

The comp was pretty unpleasant to play. My first table was reasonably friendly, but there was so many nasty people on the others, no etiquette, consideration, manners. Wouldn't play again.

I noticed this aswell, alot of angry people Sad

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: July 28, 2012, 01:41:51 AM »

Has the increase in prize/entry money heightened tensions or has the comp itself just acted like a donkey-magnet?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: July 28, 2012, 01:44:11 AM »

Has the increase in prize/entry money heightened tensions or has the comp itself just acted like a donkey-magnet?

donkey magnet. far better overall clientele in the usual £150, £500, £1k comps they run there. And indeed any of the evening £15, or £50 comps. These grand prix attract some real treats

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: July 28, 2012, 01:58:53 AM »

Pigeon magnet ,take a big net imo
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 606 607 [608] 609 610 611 612 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: