blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 09:05:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273348 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  What can be done about Blonde? (Mods, Snoopers, Video's n Beards)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What can be done about Blonde? (Mods, Snoopers, Video's n Beards)  (Read 4399 times)
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »

My take on things follows...

Board members of bigger, brasher companies commit far more severe crimes/mistakes than those of Kev.  The result?   Summary dealing in person and the ‘offer’ of a resignation.  The individual is punished but leaves with his dignity intact.  At the same time the company avoids airing its dirty laundry in public; its reputation and brand suffer less/no damage.  If brought to book at a later date, they can more easily justify their actions to shareholders.  Naturally any party wronged, receives compensation or (more suitably in this case) a letter of apology.

That's easy for these big companies but when the person in question is on the front line dealing with customers i don't see how this is possible

He wasn’t paid by Blonde poker – so has our negligence caused or contributed to this?

In this case i am owed quite a lot of money having had to pay his and Tighty's wage myself

Her integrity is instantly called into question; if this is the case, how can she be expected to adequately judge on the disputes/contents of other individuals posts? Naturally this damages forum member’s confidence in the company/forum. Something must be done!

How does her integrity have anything to do with how well she can mod a forum? She has done nothing wrong. If we held this yardstick to measure all our mods we would have 0 mods. As far as i am concerned as the majority shareholder her integrity is looking pretty healthy.

BAIN THE MESSENGER
I am really not too well versed on this, but it appears to me very simply as a poor judgement call in appointing him as a messenger representing the website/company. 

Again you are just talking about things you know nothing of, he was not appointed as a messenger but don't let the facts get in the way of a good post.

Just a few thoughts, but a general rule to live by when deciding this (and future disputes/issues) could be:
‘Did the actions of the individual effect the operational effectiveness, public image or profits of the company?’
If on weighing up the probabilities it is 51% more - then impose a sanction!

Myself and Tikay are quite happy running the company but if for some reason we deem Tightend not to be the best person to seek council on matters of business (clearly this is very very likely given his years of experience dealing with far more complex things than our little company) i am sure we will come running to a member of the Armed Services because they are all so well known for having excellent business nous

Clearly if Blonde is to run as a business, things need to be looked at and frameworks put in place for dealing with future problems. If it is all too much hassle to run it like that then, is it all worth it?

Again I thank you for your concern over whether I am wasting my time, I hadn't put any thought into it but yeah now you mention it I'm not sure if I can be bothered any more, forum closed you can all thank jjdanellis

All I will say, is that it’s such a shame. Blonde used to be a really fun place to post and read many varied views without too much worry for being flamed (or if you did get flamed there was usually a tongue planted firmly in cheek). Something clearly needs to be done to uphold, clean up the forums identity – another Blonde Bash perhaps ;-)

It still is a fun place but occasionally we get the odd troll pop up and dig up threads a few days after they die to just re-start the arguments that are stopping us from enjoying the fun threads we are all used to.

Maybe I got the entire tone of your post wrong, in which case i will apologise in advance.

Now I'm going out for a bit to enjoy my life in the real world and not worry about whether an ex-girlfriend looked at an ex-boyfriends computer and how it effects her whole moral compass and social decency to such an extent that she can't be trusted to know the difference between flaming and banter or heaven forebid have to be able to distinguish spam from regular posts. I just hope I can stop all these dreadful thoughts from racing around in my head whilst i am trying to enjoy myself.

POTY

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 09:57:50 PM »

Board members of bigger, brasher companies commit far more severe crimes/mistakes than those of Kev.  The result?   Summary dealing in person and the ‘offer’ of a resignation.  The individual is punished but leaves with his dignity intact.  At the same time the company avoids airing its dirty laundry in public; its reputation and brand suffer less/no damage.  If brought to book at a later date, they can more easily justify their actions to shareholders.  Naturally any party wronged, receives compensation or (more suitably in this case) a letter of apology.

That's easy for these big companies but when the person in question is on the front line dealing with customers i don't see how this is possible

He wasn’t paid by Blonde poker – so has our negligence caused or contributed to this?

In this case i am owed quite a lot of money having had to pay his and Tighty's wage myself

Her integrity is instantly called into question; if this is the case, how can she be expected to adequately judge on the disputes/contents of other individuals posts? Naturally this damages forum member’s confidence in the company/forum. Something must be done!

How does her integrity have anything to do with how well she can mod a forum? She has done nothing wrong. If we held this yardstick to measure all our mods we would have 0 mods. As far as i am concerned as the majority shareholder her integrity is looking pretty healthy.

BAIN THE MESSENGER
I am really not too well versed on this, but it appears to me very simply as a poor judgement call in appointing him as a messenger representing the website/company. 

Again you are just talking about things you know nothing of, he was not appointed as a messenger but don't let the facts get in the way of a good post.

Just a few thoughts, but a general rule to live by when deciding this (and future disputes/issues) could be:
‘Did the actions of the individual effect the operational effectiveness, public image or profits of the company?’

Myself and Tikay are quite happy running the company but if for some reason we deem Tightend not to be the best person to seek council on matters of business (clearly this is very very likely given his years of experience dealing with far more complex things than our little company) i am sure we will come running to a member of the Armed Services because they are all so well known for having excellent business nous

Clearly if Blonde is to run as a business, things need to be looked at and frameworks put in place for dealing with future problems. If it is all too much hassle to run it like that then, is it all worth it?

Again I thank you for your concern over whether I am wasting my time, I hadn't put any thought into it but yeah now you mention it I'm not sure if I can be bothered any more, forum closed you can all thank jjdanellis

All I will say, is that it’s such a shame. Blonde used to be a really fun place to post and read many varied views without too much worry for being flamed (or if you did get flamed there was usually a tongue planted firmly in cheek). Something clearly needs to be done to uphold, clean up the forums identity – another Blonde Bash perhaps ;-)

It still is a fun place but occasionally we get the odd troll pop up and dig up threads a few days after they die to just re-start the arguments that are stopping us from enjoying the fun threads we are all used to.

Maybe I got the entire tone of your post wrong, in which case i will apologise in advance.

Now I'm going out for a bit to enjoy my life in the real world and not worry about whether an ex-girlfriend looked at an ex-boyfriends computer and how it effects her whole moral compass and social decency to such an extent that she can't be trusted to know the difference between flaming and banter or heaven forebid have to be able to distinguish spam from regular posts. I just hope I can stop all these dreadful thoughts from racing around in my head whilst i am trying to enjoy myself.

POTY

+1

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 10:31:21 PM »

Maybe if the mods leave one of these Kev-gate threads unlocked for a change this subject might get a chance to die a natural death too.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
CRIPPIN

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 10:49:37 PM »

Bedtime.....good night all  Grin

veritas lux mea
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »

Can someone enighten me as to why this person isn't banned?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 11:06:12 PM »

As far as i know he hasn't bumped any threads yet.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 11:08:54 PM »

+1

Ridic poster

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 12:30:43 PM »

I would like to apologise to Lee for the hostility i showed towards him in my post, we have exchanged PM's since and he is clearly not malicious etc it was a bad judgement call on my part.

There are other people who i could have directed it at though and not felt the need to even consider apologising to. All my points are valid even if harsh towards Lee.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 01:14:41 PM »

"Jehovah"
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »

Board members of bigger, brasher companies commit far more severe crimes/mistakes than those of Kev.  The result?   Summary dealing in person and the ‘offer’ of a resignation.  The individual is punished but leaves with his dignity intact.  At the same time the company avoids airing its dirty laundry in public; its reputation and brand suffer less/no damage.  If brought to book at a later date, they can more easily justify their actions to shareholders.  Naturally any party wronged, receives compensation or (more suitably in this case) a letter of apology.

BAIN THE MESSENGER

i never knew you and Kev were so close....nice one

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: