blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:07:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Is Blonde becoming spam city?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Blonde becoming spam city?  (Read 18518 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2006, 08:53:11 PM »

If they prick us, do we not bleed ?

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2006, 08:54:54 PM »

don't you start  Cheesy

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2006, 08:59:26 PM »

If they prick us, do we not bleed ?

ban him now please, before he gets going!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2006, 09:06:05 PM »

Wll there you go, all of Mr Man's criticisms answered, point by point.

It's such a shame, but it's the nature of life that I've had to waste an afternoon responding to this stuff - it would be so much nicer if I could, instead, thank, & respond, to every Positive Post from the Members. I can't, I'm afraid, I've already thrown away 2 hours from my ever-diminishing egg-timer, but to all those who supported blonde, my personal thanks.

This site is free, & you all have the choice as to whether you support it, or not. We know that, & try to keep it the way you like it.

I can take positive criticism all day & all night, & often do, that's why we change things. But negativity, & inaccurate facts, pees me off, & I aint ashamed to admit it.

Negativity and inaccurate facts can drive a man to distraction and worse, you have my sympathy old boy.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2006, 09:13:34 PM »

Since spam is an old word with a new meaning the exact etymology and therefore definition of the word may as yet be unclear and it could take several decades before there is a final definition accepted by all as the received wisdom.

In the meantime, do we not accept that advertising and marketing are an integral, yay, welcome, part of a modern, capitalist society -  a socio-political system from which we all derive benefits. Since the large majority of us capitalists 'vote with our feet' and stay here we clearly prefer the capitalist system and the profit motive to any other system. No obvious rush from here to rural China or Cooooooooooba  (Cuba quiero bailar la salsa) so far as I can tell.

Ergo, the marketing of the site and it's multiple offerings to it's membership is to be welcomed, embraced and the people behind it should have their tummies tickled. Oh yes. We, atavists all, exist to market and sell - hence the wiggly bottoms one sees in spring.

Moreover, and back to the initial discussion over a precise definition of spam - is it possible to spam one's own site or customers. I reject the very notion as primitive and verging on the subhuman. I am sure it is possible to unsubscribe and thus, rather than a discussion regarding spam, one should instead rejoice in the fact that our fathers and forefathers worked, lived and died so that we, yes, we petty men, could exercise our democratic right to 'vote with our feet' and not simply exercise a good deal of airtime with drivel.

What an articulate post blending political and sociological comment seamlessly with the pertinant issues, and incorporating vocabulary spanning at least three discrete languages.

You've come a long way since you were banging out Brown Sugar in your 60s job, accompanying the scratches of the records with banal comments such as "not 'alf mate"

If your poker ever matches your eloquence, I'll be shocked you'll be doing pretty damn well sir!

PS Action Man is a good guy who occasionally gets in trouble for speaking his mind but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I disagree with him on this, Blonde of course can use its own forum to promote its own site.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2006, 09:21:53 PM »

This is an interesting thread.

Not because of the posts, but because it contains 7 pages of people saying exactly the same thing.

It's like an argument with the missus.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2006, 09:24:23 PM »

Since spam is an old word with a new meaning the exact etymology and therefore definition of the word may as yet be unclear and it could take several decades before there is a final definition accepted by all as the received wisdom.

In the meantime, do we not accept that advertising and marketing are an integral, yay, welcome, part of a modern, capitalist society -  a socio-political system from which we all derive benefits. Since the large majority of us capitalists 'vote with our feet' and stay here we clearly prefer the capitalist system and the profit motive to any other system. No obvious rush from here to rural China or Cooooooooooba  (Cuba quiero bailar la salsa) so far as I can tell.

Ergo, the marketing of the site and it's multiple offerings to it's membership is to be welcomed, embraced and the people behind it should have their tummies tickled. Oh yes. We, atavists all, exist to market and sell - hence the wiggly bottoms one sees in spring.

Moreover, and back to the initial discussion over a precise definition of spam - is it possible to spam one's own site or customers. I reject the very notion as primitive and verging on the subhuman. I am sure it is possible to unsubscribe and thus, rather than a discussion regarding spam, one should instead rejoice in the fact that our fathers and forefathers worked, lived and died so that we, yes, we petty men, could exercise our democratic right to 'vote with our feet' and not simply exercise a good deal of airtime with drivel.

Post of the year for me.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
steeley68

Still a Jagsfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2006, 10:34:08 PM »

Can I put my tuppence-worth in?

I am reletavely new to poker and to any kind of forum. I've said this before - Blonde is an awesome adventure. When I was first introduced to it, I sat for hours reading all the threads and posts, agreeing with things that were said, disagreeing as well. I have never minded the fact that some posts are advertising blonde games. Why, if it wasn't for one of these posts, I would have forgotten to play a couple of blonde games - never won any, mind.
I have always wanted a blondepoker hat. Glasgow Bandit got one, and I wanted one sooo bad, we played a HU for it. I won, but he refused to part with it. I had to make do with a Cincin's hat (which, by the way costs £8!). Now that we have the shop, I will be first at the door, after pay day. I'm sorry, I haven't read all the posts, I'm easily distrac

It's complete common sense to advertise your own stuff. LONG LIVE BLONDE!!

Thanks to Tikay and everyone else for the huge amount of time and effort they put into this.

I love....LAMP!
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2006, 11:13:39 PM »

This is an interesting thread.

Not because of the posts, but because it contains 7 pages of people saying exactly the same thing.
Cheesy

...this being the reason why I didn't add my tuppence.

ayyyyyyarrrrrrr the blondes!

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2006, 11:22:22 PM »

it was agood title though: spam city; a place of drifters, criminals, low lifes and card sharps!

check your guns at the door and enter if you dare!!!!!!
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2006, 11:45:40 PM »

Can I put my tuppence-worth in?

And without been given consent you just went ahead and did so!

And you have been paid now so when you buying your hat?

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2006, 11:48:47 PM »

i feel like shababazz from big brother!!!   intersting debate, i was probably wrong but ive got a cynical mind!  

ive had a lot of fun from this site, long may it continue
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2006, 11:50:45 PM »

i feel like shababazz from big brother!!!

I was thinking the same thing  Cheesy

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
brad.strider

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2006, 11:56:25 PM »

shabaz would be very happy

Click to see full-size image.
                                   when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2006, 11:57:36 PM »

shabaz would be very happy

?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: