blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:01:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Accidental Muck while Dealing
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Accidental Muck while Dealing  (Read 2850 times)
Zispin

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2006, 11:12:38 PM »

I was playing at Cincinnati today and had this accident. I volunteered during the FO stage to deal, as no one else wanted to do it. Anyway I picked up A's UTG and limped. The flop comes K high. 1st pos raises big, I move all in and he calls. In this time I collected the remainder of the cards and in the process managed to muck my A's after all my chips were in. Technically the hand is dead, i accept this, but surely the decent thing to do is split the pot. I asked what happens and was told your hand is dead I get your chips. I was severly peed off as this would not have happened if I wasn't dealing, I won't be doing it again. Fergus (comp director) said after, he might have been able to negotiate a split if I had told him, but my full table agreed so i just got up and left the table. What would you do in this situation?
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 11:20:08 PM »

Kick the table over and blow a rasberry at the lot of em.

no criminal damage or affray there boss,ITS ART
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 11:20:23 PM »

There's no "technically" about it. The hand is dead. It's your responsibility to protect your cards. Just walk away and learn the lesson.  Tough luck tho.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 11:33:45 PM »

From the other guys point of view he could feel you saw his hand, saw you were losing and then tried to pull a fast one.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 11:34:51 PM »

dead as the dodo.

If the TD allowed you to get chips out of that pot then he is a poor TD imo

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 11:43:15 PM »

Cards are totally dead..if you are dealing or playing in a self deal you MUST use a card protector, even if it is just a chip

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 11:53:27 PM »

Seen this happen in the Stanley a few weeks back as well.

IMO the onus should be with the establishment to provide dealers if they are taking a rake or charging juice but thats another issue as far as your hand goes unfortunately for you the hand is dead and theres no way back.

In the Stanley the TD negotiated a split pot also only after consulting with the players involved.  Personally I think that was good TD'ing!  Obviously some on here don't agree.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 12:18:09 AM »

In the Stanley the TD negotiated a split pot also only after consulting with the players involved.  Personally I think that was good TD'ing!  Obviously some on here don't agree.

Problem is if he does this one time, why not the next? I think if you ask the top TD's this is 1 area where they all agree

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 12:23:42 AM »

Problem is if he does this one time, why not the next? I think if you ask the top TD's this is 1 area where they all agree

I can see where your going Flushy but on both the occasions in question it looks like the players involved have had to deal because the house never had enough dealers to cover the tables.  This is unnaceptable if they are taking a rake. 

If anyone has played the Stanley in Glasgow then I'm sure they would agree that Andy the card room manager is a class operator and there is no messing about with him and he always seems to do whats best for the players he speaks with the players and makes surer their is a consensus before making any rash decisions.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 12:25:58 AM »

Self deal or Dealer dealt it is the players responsibility to protect his cards

I wouldn't want to see a split in any comp I was in....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 12:46:48 AM »

I aggree that regardless of the dealer situation the onus is on the player to protect their cards, I will however state that on many occassions I have seen people do this and I have been decent enough to allow them to take back their last raise all in, IMO its better to play fair than to angle shoot.

THe rules state that his cards are dead, although a gentlemanly thing to do is to offer the last raise back and take the meat of the pot, there is no reason to bust someone out in such an unfortunate way.

My 2 cents

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 01:12:08 AM »

I aggree that regardless of the dealer situation the onus is on the player to protect their cards, I will however state that on many occassions I have seen people do this and I have been decent enough to allow them to take back their last raise all in, IMO its better to play fair than to angle shoot.

THe rules state that his cards are dead, although a gentlemanly thing to do is to offer the last raise back and take the meat of the pot, there is no reason to bust someone out in such an unfortunate way.

My 2 cents

I'm with Billy on this one. Yeah it's wrong, of course it is, that's an easy decision, but I don't need to win so bad that I take advantage of a pals mistake, especially when he's agreed to deal in order to keep the game going.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 01:25:38 AM »

I can see where your going Flushy but on both the occasions in question it looks like the players involved have had to deal because the house never had enough dealers to cover the tables.  This is unnaceptable if they are taking a rake. 

If anyone has played the Stanley in Glasgow then I'm sure they would agree that Andy the card room manager is a class operator and there is no messing about with him and he always seems to do whats best for the players he speaks with the players and makes surer their is a consensus before making any rash decisions.

Stanley comp charges £1 as a registration fee, and doesn't advertise itself as being a dealers provided tournament. House dealers are rotated so that they do stints on all tables.

I don't believe this is unacceptable, rather good value in fact.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 07:55:32 AM »

although a gentlemanly thing to do is to offer the last raise back and take the meat of the pot, there is no reason to bust someone out in such an unfortunate way.
Bang on IMO

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: