blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Opinions on this hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Opinions on this hand  (Read 1488 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2006, 08:46:54 PM »

Guys can I get your opinions on tthis hand. 

We where playing a wee game at work today during lunch.  There have been about 10 hands dealt or so, and the other 5 players where concerned that I hadn't played a hand.

Normally in our lunchtime games I am in every pot bullying and stealing and talking them off hands but having been off for two weeks I thought I'd try a different tact and be more patient.

Anyway as things go  I am acting before the button and I find pocket 4's and limp in for 100 (blinds 50/100).  I go off to the juice machine to get a can am away the whole of 30 secs and I am not sure how things transpired, Steely68 I am sure was the button, he must have been if I am acting before him. 

But I sits back down and notices that the flop had beend ealt and I have hit a set there are 2 hearts on the flop.

steeley has made it 600 to go, he got a call of his nemesis.  I thought Steeley was at it and trying to steal the blind because he had a big stack after hitting a full house in the first hand and said nemesis calling him on every street with 3rd pair!!!

Anyway there is 1500 in the middle and I thought I'd be happy to shove it all in and take the pot there and then I reckon I am miles in front, I had Steeley on a  King rag and he has bet out with top pair and for the other player he could have anythingf rom rag rag to pocket rockets he likes to see every card I reckon its the colours!!

So I have pushed all in and its another 3.1 k for Steeley to go, and he calls.  and our friend Mr Numpty Callls.

Numpty man shows two 9's and Steeley turns over

The board was

I have and the nemesis has

I am happy for when I see that I am in front on the flop and IMO it was a terrible call from Steeley to put half his stack it risk on a draw given that I had been quiet till now  I am wondering what sort of hand he put me on??

I am reckoning at this point I must be a 65% favourite tow in the hand with Steeley say 20 - 25 and the other bloke 10 -15%

I thought I would have got a call from muppet man as he can't help himself, but Iw as suprised at Steeley and then to make matters worse the jammy git makes his flush on the turn!!!!

Arrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh!!!

Opinions on how the hand unfolded???

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 09:27:31 PM »

Anyway there is 1500 in the middle and I thought I'd be happy to shove it all in and take the pot there and then I reckon I am miles in front

Banging my head.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 10:10:49 PM »

Ditto, if you are massively ahead, why you want them out? Surely you don't like putting your chips in when behind?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 10:38:54 PM by leehack » Logged

It is wiser to let people think you are a fool, than open open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 11:14:12 AM »

You made the right play. It dosent suprise me that Steeley called with his flush draw if Nemesis called aswell, depending on position of when they called, he almost has the odds to call. You had the best hand by miles but were very weak against any flush draws so you definetly made the right play by going all in when you did.

On the flop, you were more than a 68% favourite to win.
Steeley was 23%
Nemesis was lower than 9%

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 06:21:43 PM »

No horneris, steely called before nemesis did, he had pot odds of 1.5-1 and called with his 2 to 1 shot...poor call by him and if he continues to make unprofitable calls like that ul have him in the end.
You had to be as aggressive as you were or risk giving him the odds to make his flush profitably so you made the perfect play, and normally he should pass and ul suck ur fish in with his 9's everytime.

Perfect play.

LeKnave
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 03:21:27 AM »

Am I reading this right?  Steeley is chip leader and still in good shape if he loses while he is getting close to pot odds to draw to the 2nd nuts witht he possibility the guy behind him might call too?  Its not the worst call Ive ever seen.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 08:59:25 AM »

I think you played it fine.
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 12:58:36 PM »

lol

where do you work

looking for staff??

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 07:51:29 PM »

lol

where do you work

looking for staff??

Been over this one before!!  lol

Infact they have just took on more staff but we're all desperate to leave.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: