blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:50:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  The Vic Main Event - Day 2 Live Update
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Vic Main Event - Day 2 Live Update  (Read 59166 times)
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: June 25, 2006, 02:05:50 PM »

Is there not going to be a lite report for day two???

I think it was decided against having a "lite" report for day 2 at an early stage, it wasn't expected to run into a lot of pages, but there you go!

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 25, 2006, 02:25:07 PM »

And they have agreed to take £1,000 of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th places to give the 5th place finisher, whoever that may be, £4,000.

So he'll only lose just over £1,000 for finishing 5th.

So, & here's a conundrum for you - does that mean the Euro Ranking Points are frozen at 5th place?........

At least one player at the table insists it does NOT constitute a deal in that sense, & that the Ranking Points would be unaffected.

I'm glad it's not my decision, but if it were, I'd say, beyond a shadow of doubt, that's a deal, & the Ranking Points are frozen at 5th.
Why should it affect the ranking points?
Its exactly the same principle as when something is saved for 10th place in a 9 handed final.

You may be right Craig, but I'm not conviced - either way - yet.

The thing is - using your example - 10th place would NOT have got any Ranking Points anyway.

However, here in this Comp, although the cash only goes down to 4th (5, post the "saver"), the Ranking Points go down to 9th place, thus including the guy who got a little deal, 5th place Keir. And maybe, just maybe, that "saver" (a tidy £4,000) changed the way he played after he'd got his £4,000 locked up....

Tell you what - I'll drop a note to Mr Shoreman. He is, in these matters, the only man that matters.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: June 26, 2006, 01:16:56 AM »

Just in case your wondering how it ended, so am I.

The older I get, the better I was.
scottm

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 26, 2006, 01:18:48 AM »

Just in case your wondering how it ended, so am I.

Me too Red - can anyone fill in the details ?
MoodyRiver

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 26, 2006, 01:52:17 AM »

4 way chop. They all saved 45k and played for the rest

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king! (Erasmus 1531).     In the land of the blinds all you need is a king! (MoodyRiver 0745)
MoodyRiver

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 26, 2006, 01:57:35 AM »

1st Osman Mustanoglu   
2nd Liam Flood             
3rd Willie Tann             
4th Marc Goodwin

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king! (Erasmus 1531).     In the land of the blinds all you need is a king! (MoodyRiver 0745)
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 26, 2006, 06:44:17 AM »

And they have agreed to take £1,000 of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th places to give the 5th place finisher, whoever that may be, £4,000.

So, & here's a conundrum for you - does that mean the Euro Ranking Points are frozen at 5th place?........

At least one player at the table insists it does NOT constitute a deal in that sense, & that the Ranking Points would be unaffected.

I'm glad it's not my decision, but if it were, I'd say, beyond a shadow of doubt, that's a deal, & the Ranking Points are frozen at 5th.
Its exactly the same principle as when something is saved for 10th place in a 9 handed final.

The thing is - using your example - 10th place would NOT have got any Ranking Points anyway.

However, here in this Comp, although the cash only goes down to 4th (5, post the "saver"), the Ranking Points go down to 9th place, thus including the guy who got a little deal, 5th place Keir. And maybe, just maybe, that "saver" (a tidy £4,000) changed the way he played after he'd got his £4,000 locked up....

Tell you what - I'll drop a note to Mr Shoreman. He is, in these matters, the only man that matters.
I didnt realise they would issue all finalists ranking points with only 45 runners.
That seems ludricous,almost seems like attendance points

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
kflug
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 26, 2006, 01:50:23 PM »

For the record.
 Any suggestion that I moved in for my last 16,500 with 72 offsuit because a save had been agreed for fifth place is laughable. I already knew i would push with any two cards if nobody raised in front of me. Not because I was comfortable with 4k for fifth place but because it's my best shot to avoid being blinded away and have a shot at first place. Winning the 3.5k in the pot already from the blinds and antes would increase my stack by nearly 25%. 3 of my 4 opponents had already folded which is already an exceptionally  favourable situation. It was a mild disappointment to find only 72 in the pocket but the cards were really irrelevant. The only reason I looked was in case I had a very big pair I might call instead of moving in. My estimate was that Osman would only call with the top 25% of hands. Even when called I can expect to win (and double up) 20-30 % of the time. On the actual hand I was called by A10s, I'll win 30% of the time and finish up with over 30,000. and a real chance of survival. IF there was 0 for fifth place I should play even MORE aggressively because the penalty for being blinded away would be greater. I have to get back into contention or die trying. (I'm not sure  it is possible to play more aggressively than moving all in with 72o but if it were. I would)
Keir Fitz-Gibbon
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 26, 2006, 02:16:24 PM »

Keir

Welcome to blonde and well played at the Vic.

Nice post too.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
simonow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: June 26, 2006, 09:31:50 PM »

For the record.
 Any suggestion that I moved in for my last 16,500 with 72 offsuit because a save had been agreed for fifth place is laughable. I already knew i would push with any two cards if nobody raised in front of me. Not because I was comfortable with 4k for fifth place but because it's my best shot to avoid being blinded away and have a shot at first place. Winning the 3.5k in the pot already from the blinds and antes would increase my stack by nearly 25%. 3 of my 4 opponents had already folded which is already an exceptionally  favourable situation. It was a mild disappointment to find only 72 in the pocket but the cards were really irrelevant. The only reason I looked was in case I had a very big pair I might call instead of moving in. My estimate was that Osman would only call with the top 25% of hands. Even when called I can expect to win (and double up) 20-30 % of the time. On the actual hand I was called by A10s, I'll win 30% of the time and finish up with over 30,000. and a real chance of survival. IF there was 0 for fifth place I should play even MORE aggressively because the penalty for being blinded away would be greater. I have to get back into contention or die trying. (I'm not sure  it is possible to play more aggressively than moving all in with 72o but if it were. I would)
Keir Fitz-Gibbon

Well Played and congrats on your money finish, I totally agree with you in that situation i would rather be the aggressor in a pot and always give my self a chance of winning the comp.
Simon Nowab

check out www.dtdpoker.com for a chance to tour with DTD crew
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 26, 2006, 10:22:11 PM »

I didnt realise they would issue all finalists ranking points with only 45 runners.
That seems ludricous,almost seems like attendance points

According to the "Official" Ranking Criteria all the Finalists will get Ranking Points, but the "number of players mutiplier" is just 1.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 26, 2006, 10:37:13 PM »

For the record.
Keir Fitz-Gibbon

Nicely put Keir & well played,.

It's now clear you did not allow the saver to affect your play, & I am happy to accept that. But we said "it may, just maybe" & "perhaps it would affect"......the way people play "post saver". And it DOES affect the way some people play - though clearly not you.

Well played, a great performance, & welcome to blonde. Another lurker signed-up, thank you!

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: