blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:09:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde needs your help with the Live Updates.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde needs your help with the Live Updates.  (Read 3269 times)
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 10:57:25 AM »

Can't, i already broke my shovel due to overuse Sad

Having read some of Harry and Peters takes on hand analysis, would be good if some of the key hands could be commented on (be it good play or bad) rather than just having the basic

"Joe Bloggs knocks out matey boy - on a  three clubs flop Joe calls matey boys all in bet with  while matey boy's  receives no further help"

I know that the updaters have enough to do as it is - hence the help of "special guest co-updaters" to do a bit of detailed hand analysis Smiley

sponsored by Fyffes
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 11:17:14 AM »

Also, I realised that I missed the opportunity to do a 'chips' pun.

<a href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZBYYYYYYYYGB" target="_blank">[img width= height= alt=Duh" border="0]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_1.gif[/img][/url]

Also why you change your signature? I stood more chance of winning when it was 200 people and one pokerstars monkey - now I've got to beat 1000 Cry

Sadly that's how many Pokerstars people have already qualified - 1074 (plus one monkey) and rising...
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 11:19:51 AM »

Question 1.

Should we continue with this "Dual" Update?

Certainly

Question 2

Should the "facts only" Update contain Pics?

Nope

Question 3

A name to distinguish the two? Sadly, "Meat" or "Meat & Potatoes" is hardly likely to appeal to a potential sponsor!

Red's idea seems the top runner

Question 4

Do you want more or less, Pictures?

More. I know its difficult getting clear photos without using the flash, but if the budget stretches to a good camera & lens, that will make a difference.

Question 5.

If you have any other suggestions to improve our Updates, please say.

You guys are doing a great job, but maybe More interviews....& Boker of the day prize Cheesy

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 11:22:30 AM »

Sadly that's how many Pokerstars people have already qualified - 1074 (plus one monkey) and rising...

I know but i was hoping that none of the recent qualifiers would turn up - if there were 200 of us then i'd have a 1000-1 chance of winning........

Now i've got a constant reminder that there are more than 1000 so my odds are about 500000-1 Sad

Question 5.

You guys are doing a great job, but maybe More interviews....& Boker of the day prize Cheesy

No point for the last suggestion - NoFlopsHomer would win it every week!! Roll Eyes

sponsored by Fyffes
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »

I would like two separate threads for the live updates. A detailed one with pics and one just for chip counts and player numbers.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 03:25:58 PM »

Question 1.

Should we continue with this "Dual" Update?

Yes, great way to quickly find out whats happeing without trawling through the entire full fat thread

Question 2

Should the "facts only" Update contain Pics?

No, Thats what the main update is for

Question 3

A name to distinguish the two? Sadly, "Meat" or "Meat & Potatoes" is hardly likely to appeal to a potential sponsor!

I cant best what Red has suggested, its a perfect fit. IMHO

Question 4

Do you want more or less, Pictures?

more

Question 5.

Guest updaters from around the country, Always more norkage, Perhaps analsys of play and performance from Tikay or Jen ( snoops if we are really stuck, if we cant get colchester Kev that is)

Perhaps a predict a winner competion, or guess the final table, run with a sponser in mind to promote the product, Say if its a poker room, then, $15 in a sporting odd, blonde poker, blue square account. Or packs of cards, t shirts that sort of thing.

I think it may help to get more people to sign up as well, a cheap incentive to incresase the numbers without neglecting the long term blondites.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 05:23:39 PM »

Hi all and thanks very much for taking the time to help tikay out.  And me.  And Snoops.

It is very interesting, what you've suggested about the Live Updates - I honestly had no idea that people were actually interested in our wittering about hand analysis rather than just getting the News - will do our best to start some arguments discussions about play next time round!

Also, I like the idea of little video feeds, player interviews etc.  The technology eludes me now, but how hard can it be...if Snoopy thinks it's possible, it's definitely possible.

It's no bother at all to run an at-a-glance parallel update - what do you think about putting links to the pictures in them (like that trial run) rather than pics themselves?  I reckon it might even absorb those non-chatters into the atmosphere of the 'full fat' live update by accident...

Thanks again, look forward to reporting for blonde soon.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 05:31:06 PM »

Hi all and thanks very much for taking the time to help tikay out.  And me.  And Snoops.

It is very interesting, what you've suggested about the Live Updates - I honestly had no idea that people were actually interested in our wittering about hand analysis rather than just getting the News - will do our best to start some arguments discussions about play next time round!

Also, I like the idea of little video feeds, player interviews etc.  The technology eludes me now, but how hard can it be...if Snoopy thinks it's possible, it's definitely possible.

It's no bother at all to run an at-a-glance parallel update - what do you think about putting links to the pictures in them (like that trial run) rather than pics themselves?  I reckon it might even absorb those non-chatters into the atmosphere of the 'full fat' live update by accident...

Thanks again, look forward to reporting for blonde soon.

But not this weekend at Bolton - it's Jen's BIRTHDAY PARTY!

So we will have to cope without her.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 05:34:25 PM »

I knew this would come in handy

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=8544.0

The older I get, the better I was.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 06:03:38 PM »

Many thanks for that (again) Mr. RED-DOG!

My birthday is actually the 7th July, but my alterego Danafish and I will be sitting in a pub in North London on the night of Saturday July 1st  - anyone in the Hampstead area welcome to come drink things with a bizarre collection of poker and non-poker related friendly people. 

Yes, after the technical hitches of the Vic, I wish Snoopy plain sailing through the delights of Bolton.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 09:53:48 PM »

My birthday is actually the 7th July, but my alterego Danafish and I will be sitting in a pub in North London on the night of Saturday July 1st  - anyone in the Hampstead area welcome to come drink things with a bizarre collection of poker and non-poker related friendly people. 

Yes, after the technical hitches of the Vic, I wish Snoopy plain sailing through the delights of Bolton.

I got your text Jen about your Birthday but i will be in Bolton Sad have a good night!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 10:06:37 PM »

I got your text Jen about your Birthday but i will be in Bolton Sad have a good night!

You think Jen choosing Saturday was an accident?......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 10:15:58 PM »

You think Jen choosing Saturday was an accident?......

Git

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2006, 10:23:08 PM »

Jen, Birthday in Dublin then?

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2006, 10:27:54 PM »

Jen, Birthday in Dublin then?

Yes, I guess so.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: