blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 01:49:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP $50,000 H.O.R.S.E Day 1 Live Update - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $50,000 H.O.R.S.E Day 1 Live Update - Interactive  (Read 36981 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2006, 10:38:37 PM »

Just in case you're still unsure of what this event entails (like Karabiner):

Rounds of Hold'em, Omaha 8/b, Razz, Stud, Stud 8/b - each level constitutes one round and lasts 40 minutes.

However, the Final Table will be No-Limit Hold'em. And levels will be 90 minutes.

Day One play will carry on until completion of level 15, Day Two will run from 2pm (10pm UK) until the final table, then Day Three is for the finalists.

Purely NL Hold 'Em??? That's just stupid. Adds a great deal more weight to Harry D's case imo.

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2006, 10:39:18 PM »

Flopsy have a drink FFS, you are shaking like a shaky thing!!

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2006, 10:39:26 PM »

So what to make of this very dramatic game change for the final table?  Is it just because the televisation of limit Omaha and Stud etc. won't whip the spectators into a frenzy?  It's lucky the players get a night to sleep on it before changing game, as the jump to a No Limit game is quite large.  I reckon it would be just as interesting to watch 'niche' games played at the final table - seeing as they fought their way there with their seven-card abilities (predominately).
you hit the nail on the head its like saying lets have the world cup of football and when we get to the final lets have a hold our breath competition to see who the winner is,they might aswell called it half H.O.R.S.E half (man?)hold-em

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2006, 10:41:40 PM »

Flopsy have a drink FFS, you are shaking like a shaky thing!!

Huh?

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2006, 10:44:18 PM »

While doing that "who's on what table" wander, I heard Freddy Deeb having a shouty, but amiable conversation with Phil Hellmuth a couple of tables away.  He was saying something like, "I should have got you drunk in Paris..."  Wow, that's quite something to contemplate - those two out on a bender.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2006, 10:49:21 PM »

Ram Vaswani, whose gallant enthusiasm for this new event didn't quite register in this pic.  He's up from the starting stack though.  The two kinds of pink chips, and the way they blend into one another is making accurate counting difficult, but I'm going to go and spend some time now gathering a few to tell you who's off to a good start, or shrinking already.

[attachment deleted by admin]

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2006, 10:49:26 PM »

Mateyboy

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2006, 10:50:21 PM »

surley the name        h.o.r.s.e     stands for

H     HIGH
                             O     ORGANISED
                             R     ROLLERS
                             S     SPONSORED
                             E     EVENT

id like to see that one beaten Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
 i do love this event though

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2006, 10:51:42 PM »

i think if they did anything rite, making the FT all NL was the one thing that is correct

How many people actually watch poker on TV for the poker content? Can you imagine Norman Chad saying "so, is he going to make a thin value raise here with 2nd pair laying his opponent 8/1 to try and bluff catch?" theres no way that will appeal to the mainstream audience.. they watch it for the excitement, and if you have a series of games that have ZERO all-in potential, it will be too boring for the mainstream, and lets face it.. they have no requirement to try and market the game to those who already play poker, its a cert that they will be watching anyways

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2006, 10:58:29 PM »

totalise, you're quite right about the reasoning behind it, but perhaps underestimating the general public's interest in exactly that kind of content - it's true that the all-in potential is zero, but I remember quite a few people (not technically-minded poker purists) watching the Limit Hold'em WPT event program and finding it pretty interesting.  It just seems a lot of cash (from a player's perspective) to pony up to play your speciality games, to end up going for the big money in a completely different game.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2006, 11:01:34 PM »

The guy with his back to us who looks like he might have come from the front of the Tour de France is Tony G, with a great crowd of spectators behind the rail.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2006, 11:08:54 PM »

totalise, you're quite right about the reasoning behind it, but perhaps underestimating the general public's interest in exactly that kind of content - it's true that the all-in potential is zero, but I remember quite a few people (not technically-minded poker purists) watching the Limit Hold'em WPT event program and finding it pretty interesting.  It just seems a lot of cash (from a player's perspective) to pony up to play your speciality games, to end up going for the big money in a completely different game.

As a side point, I always found the FT's of the Omaha and 7-card stud from the WSOP really interesting and I just wish the organisers actually had a modicum of faith in this tournament and it's viewers.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2006, 11:10:16 PM »

Well, I think they consider today a success.

They've just announced the prize pool.

$6.84 million with 1,784,620 going to first.

Don't forget that 20 dollars!
Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2006, 11:10:57 PM »

I agree with you Jen.

Variety is the spice of life, and I'm sure there are lots of people who'd have been interested in something different from the barrage of NLHE.

Do you know when the players found out about the final table set-up? Had they already bought in, or was it known in advance?

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2006, 11:11:10 PM »

From what I can see, all the 'name' players are still in.

Not surprising really when you have 50k starting stacks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: