blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 02:08:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  could I have played this better?? are there other options?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: could I have played this better?? are there other options?  (Read 1283 times)
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2006, 09:30:06 AM »

I'm in the cut off with  with the blinds at 300/600, I have been grinding for the last hour or so and managed to get my stack to just below average, to 8700

UTG with 19K in chips limps, as does the next 3 players, the pot stands at 3300, and it comes round to me, now from my poker education, I figure that I need to push here to get heads up, as any other bet just gives odds to players looking to see the flop,

I push my stack and i have the best hand preflop.... i will not elaborate on that any further.

Should I have played this differently, did I have other options?, Folding is not one of them.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 09:32:28 AM »

Yeah i raise to 3k.

I don't want people just folding when i have KK, i am not happy to pick up 3600 chips.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 09:48:14 AM »

I should have explained the table has been calling large bets like this for multi way pots, I ideally wanted to get heads up with this hand as I am a much bigger favorite heads up, and I still had 6 people still to act, now if the small blind calls me, i have to get past another 5 players with deep stacks, hence the push.

Flushy do you think that a raise to 3K would have enough to get it heads up? This where my game falls down as I often push with big pairs with multiple callers.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 10:31:41 AM »

I should have explained the table has been calling large bets like this for multi way pots, I ideally wanted to get heads up with this hand as I am a much bigger favorite heads up, and I still had 6 people still to act, now if the small blind calls me, i have to get past another 5 players with deep stacks, hence the push.

Flushy do you think that a raise to 3K would have enough to get it heads up? This where my game falls down as I often push with big pairs with multiple callers.

I am more worried about losing the whole table!

I am happy to get more than 1 caller for 3k....

WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 11:38:31 AM »

Agree with Flush here, raise to 3-4K.  This should whittle it down to 1 or 2 opponents, and I wouldn't be too worried about playing KK 3-handed especially when I am in need of chips.
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 02:34:37 PM »

been struggling with similar scenarios similar myself recently billy

and have came to the conclusion that the allin has less potental than a raise of maybe half your stack

fish types see the all in as desperation and may look you up..whereas the big raise is telling others that you are gonna stick your whole stack in but it appears far better,looks as if you dont mind callers instead of pushing em out

just my tuppence worth

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 02:47:12 PM »

fish types see the all in as desperation and may look you up

In that case move in! You want to be looked up you have KK!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: