blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:20:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272911 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP Main Event 2006 - Day 1b - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Main Event 2006 - Day 1b - Interactive  (Read 58373 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2006, 09:36:39 PM »

Any idea how many chips Hawko and KP have?

chip counts will arrive shortly
steveshortstack
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2006, 09:40:37 PM »

jimmy white is here as well
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2006, 09:40:52 PM »

I believe Davis was sponsored by laddies.  Who has put Hendry in, and are there any other snooker players taking part?

I've been told that Mark Wiliams is a pretty decent player.

Hi Dave, Steve Davis plays quite a lot on Laddies and is pretty solid.

Mark Williams plays a lot of events on the UK circuit, Hendry was there last year too.

But none of them seemed very keen to take us on at 9-ball in the Tilted Kilt  Roll Eyes

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The Sweeney

"I am utterly and abjectly pissed off"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2006, 09:42:20 PM »

That guy KP Nuts was trying to sell in himself on the Betfair forum under the heading WSOP Special Offer.  Seemed to get some really vitriolic and pisstake response's when a simple yes or no would suffice.  For that reason hope he goes deep....

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner yet, so unless you want a kickin'..."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2006, 09:44:24 PM »

Your first three chip counts:

AndrewT -- 10,575
Mark Hawkins -- 8,000
Martin Green -- 8,325
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2006, 09:50:30 PM »

I believe Davis was sponsored by laddies.  Who has put Hendry in, and are there any other snooker players taking part?

Mark Williams plays a lot of events on the UK circuit, Hendry was there last year too.

But none of them seemed very keen to take us on at 9-ball in the Tilted Kilt  Roll Eyes

I played with Stephen Hendry, Mark Williams and Viv (can't remember his last name for the life of me) last year at a Betfred $5k stt in Manchester, it could have been a really good night but the whole thing was a sham, they were blatantly giving signals to each other and treated the whole game as a joke.... Sigh. Not surprising that they all came 1st 2nd and 3rd.....

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Pontecarlo

hello there

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2006, 09:50:41 PM »

LOL at the pics - only on blonde could steven hendry and ron jeremy appear next to each other

sorry dad ive got the nuts
fatbitch

Jackson with Uncle Brian and the goods!!!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2006, 09:51:05 PM »

any word on when the rookie is playing???
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2006, 09:53:57 PM »

I played with Stephen Hendry, Mark Williams and Viv (can't remember his last name for the life of me) last year at a Betfred $5k stt in Manchester, it could have been a really good night but the whole thing was a sham, they were blatantly giving signals to each other and treated the whole game as a joke.... Sigh. Not surprising that they all came 1st 2nd and 3rd.....

"Viv" = Viv Williams, or Williamson, I can't remember which. Has a Pony-Tail. Built like a gable end. Very aggressive player, had some decent results.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2006, 09:54:51 PM »

That's the one Tikay, I can stop googling now, ty!

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »

OK - first story courtesy of Hugh Kirton, who can only be described as a genial but sick poker junky.  I congratulated him on his unusual headwear, and dress in general.  "Yes," he replied, "I was going for the look of a gay, weak-tight player."  He's clearly thought it all through. 

"And then I went all-in first hand."

Apparently he'd arrived late, having played cash all night (eminently believable) and got to his seat as the first card was being dealt.  So, his wasn't dead, and he called an under the gun 150, along with a mid-positioner.  Flop:  .  Not bad.
UTG then makes it 300, called in the middle, and Hugh makes it 850.  Call from Matey 1, but Mid-Matey makes it 3,000.  So Mr. Kirton goes all-in, and is called by Mid-Matey with his set of Fours.
on the river, and it's 20k off the bat.  God help his table.

[attachment deleted by admin]

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2006, 09:59:19 PM »

Jen, there's a problem with your camera, it's focused on some guy and not on the young lady to the bottom right... Roll Eyes

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2006, 09:59:40 PM »

Evelyn Ng -- 5,900
Ron Rose -- 6,050
Mel Judah -- 8,250
Peter Smythe -- 10,750
Paul Jackson -- 9,100
Paul Darden -- 7,650
Howard Lederer -- 6,650
Dewey Tomko -- 8,225
David Williams -- 6,650
Ken Powell -- 10,250
Con Cronin -- 3,900
Iwan Jones -- 10,300
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2006, 10:01:19 PM »

OK - first story courtesy of Hugh Kirton, who can only be described as a genial but sick poker junky.  I congratulated him on his unusual headwear, and dress in general.  "Yes," he replied, "I was going for the look of a gay, weak-tight player."  He's clearly thought it all through. 

"And then I went all-in first hand."

Apparently he'd arrived late, having played cash all night (eminently believable) and got to his seat as the first card was being dealt.  So, his wasn't dead, and he called an under the gun 150, along with a mid-positioner.  Flop:  .  Not bad.
UTG then makes it 300, called in the middle, and Hugh makes it 850.  Call from Matey 1, but Mid-Matey makes it 3,000.  So Mr. Kirton goes all-in, and is called by Mid-Matey with his set of Fours.
on the river, and it's 20k off the bat.  God help his table.

Nice story Jen, even nicer background norkage  Shocked

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2006, 10:04:49 PM »

Paul Jackson asked me to report they he has now stopped 'playing like a wanker', but I can't really put that, so we finally agreed on 'baboon'.

So...

Paul Jackson has now stopped playing like a baboon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: