blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:22:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Luton Main Event Live Update Day Two - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton Main Event Live Update Day Two - Interactive  (Read 37470 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2006, 11:53:45 PM »

And with that, rumours of a Press Person six-handed STT are circulating - seeing as it's an early night, I don't think I can resist!

Wish Snoops and Tikay luck in the £100 (which they're still stuck into) and see you at the next one.

Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2006, 11:55:03 PM »

Nice result Dingbell..

Great updating as always Jen thankyou.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2006, 11:59:32 PM »

Top result Dingdell 

Always great updates Jen & Snoops. thumbs up

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
englishrose

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 14, 2006, 12:24:01 AM »

;cheerleader

well done to tracey, could'nt of happend to a nicer person.you go girl.

you call me a bitch, like it`s a bad thing.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 14, 2006, 12:42:59 AM »

Well done Dingdell

Great result, great performance and the "tell" worked every time!

Starting a new thread tomorrow... "Can men play poker?"  Cheesy

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: August 14, 2006, 01:35:15 AM »

A big thank you to Jen and Snoops, you entertained me all day. 

The older I get, the better I was.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 14, 2006, 01:56:16 AM »

Blimey - I've just read this thread and I am so amazed at the support, thank you sooo much!!  

I have to say that Reddogs chat this week at Luton was the start of it, and on Saturday I made my mind up to go and play and left work early to play the satellite, I won on second attempt and over an early dinner contemplated cashing in my ticket for £1500.

The reason I didn't cash the ticket was because I remembered Not Gus Hansen from Luton nearly doing the same thing earlier this year, and I thought it was worth having a go - it's all a learning experience - and it's not often I get to play with this quality of player. Also my boyfriend was playing and I didn't have a lift home  

For two days I have repeated reddogs words in my head and played a solid game. At Luton so many people were rooting for me that it gave me amazing confidence and focus.

Sitting next to Paul Jackson for the first day and part of the second was really funny, I suspect (!)  he had read blonde as everytime someone raised me he told me it was because I was a woman!! Between him and Paul King I had the best poker education anyone could ask for over 2 days. They kept me on the straight and narrow and had a very calming affect. I was very lucky to have had the benefit of their advice.

On the final table I was stuggling with Ali Mallu who seems to have an automatic requirement to raise every hand (or so it seemed). Taking Jens advice (that girl is a genius) on the third occasion I stopped being overawed by him and came over the top. He had to fold, and after that folded a lot more hands.  Cool

When there were three of us left the chop discussion came up. I was chip leader but an offer of better than 2nd for everyone and play for the rest (after a quick discussion with Tighty and Sninatras - the backup team) seemed a good compromise. I have to say that I was dissapointed in myself for not playing it out without a deal, I wanted to WIN but the financial logic won over and in the end was the best result for me.

I didn't play after the deal any differently than before and I am only gutted that I was beaten by the infamous blonde 4 7 which was just a cruel poetic justice thing!!

The financial reward has only just kicked in. I reverted to being a woman immediately after the game and had to blub in the toilets (and later in front of Jen and Dina) just to get the adrenalin/disappointment/excitement or whatever it was out of my system.

I had had so many people coming up to me during the breaks, all the waitresses, players I have never seen before and loads of Luton players, all gunning for me to win that I was overwhelmed by the support. Everytime I looked up from the table there was another person catching my eye and telling me to win.

I was genuinely devastated not to finish first, I had talked myself into winning, and to be pipped at the post was horrible, but an hour or so later with a cheque in my handbag, and a shopping trip planned for Saturday I am extremely happy!  Cool

A big thank you to everyone who works in the card room, they were great, almost as disappointed as I was that it wasn't a local win, but it was amazing for me to play with some great players.

Never before have I experienced so much genuine support and good wishes, when Jen told me that people were rooting for me on the forum I was really touched, and it kept that competitive spark going, knowing that people were following the play. Tighty, Tikay, Jen, Snoopy and Kev were brilliant, although I was there on my own I never felt alone.  thumbs up

I'm about to unpack my trophy  Grin open the baileys and wake up tomorrow wondering if it really happened. When the boyfriend asks for his 10% I'll remember it did!

Down to earth with a bang, first bottom in tomorrow at 9, but I have a feeling that without the help of alcohol I won't sleep much between now and then!

In Tikays words 'it's been emotional'.   Grin

Tracey x

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 02:45:45 AM by Dingdell » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2006, 01:59:38 AM »

I got too scared to wish you luck, going by past performances.

[EDIT] lol, just read that back, I mean MY past performances as a bokker, not you. Wink
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 02:08:07 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2006, 03:04:19 AM »

Jeez tracey...Well done you, what an awesome display. I am soooo happy for you and totally gutted about your exit hand.  Soo unlucky, and so close.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Drinks are on you next time i see you then.

p.s enjoy your first bottom whilst being rich lol

charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2006, 09:05:10 AM »

Well done Ding !!!!  so pleased for you  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2006, 12:23:38 PM »

Having had a nights sleep I ask myself what was i disappointed with??!
Lots of emotions last night but in the cold light of day I came third and it was for me an amazing achievement. £30K is fab for me, helps pay the mortgages, so I'm sorry for being a bit precious! I'm now very very happy!

Tracey 
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2006, 12:58:44 PM »

Fantastic Tracey.

Enjoy the money, don't waste it all on poker!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Xpressman

NEW ADVENTURE..... WITH THE GILLS !!

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2006, 04:06:57 PM »

Well done Tracey,

Fantastic win for such a lovely " Lady Of Poker", You played well and have been rewarded , remember at one of the breaks i said to you that the best advice is not to take any and play the game the your way, and the result was stunning.

I was playing in the £100 Frezeout ( which i sadly anted out myself in 7th place) And said to Lee barber that i wished i was the other side of the screen playing on the final table in the £1500 on that final table,well maybe next time the poker gods will look down on me LOL

Well done again keep flying that luton flag wherever you play as you are a worthy winner and whats more it proves that the "nicest" people of poker can also win !!

Regards Ian xxxxxxxxxxxx "Xpressman"

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2006, 04:34:28 PM »

Great job, Dingdell!!! 

News item:

http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/3575
Barflies

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2006, 12:56:43 AM »

Well Done is not enough for such a worthy WINNER xxx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print