blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 04:19:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272912 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  NON POKER Blondite favourite music
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NON POKER Blondite favourite music  (Read 32009 times)
AdamM

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2005, 11:48:51 AM »

As Nottingham Newbies thread has started to meander this way let here what Blondite listen to and maybe swap some recommendations for the try before you buy downloaders (I'll grit me teeth).

mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 11:56:28 AM »

Try before you buy? I'm in a downloading mood I tend to do the carpet bombing strategy of getting everything and sticking it in a play list.

But that wouldn't work for the common or garden search engine style downloading.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 11:58:22 AM »

heres mine,

When I was 13 (1986) I was dumbly following the chart music at the time and doing ok with the Smash hits cross word when someone played me Live after Death by Iron Maiden. blew me away and soon had a growing collection of metal albums. AC/DC, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Anthrax, Metallica, Maiden, Slayer, then gradually it got heavier, Nuclear Assault, Napalm Death, Celtic Frost GRRRR Angry

I've mellowed and diversified over the subsequent 18 years and listen to a wide range of Rock and blues based music. I started playing guitar at the time and am not too shabby now. I play in a pop/punk band called FLUFF (not a political activist band) and am in the final straights of my push for fame. the rest of the band are between 18 and 25 but I'm getting a bit old for it all.

If I could recommend one album most of you haven't heard of but everyone should own it'd be Reel Big Fish - Favourite Noise. kinda ska / punk / rock stuff. big horn sectins, wicked sense of umour and really catchy songs. TBYB tracks should be; She has a girlfriend now / She's famous now / sell out / beer.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 11:58:41 AM »

i like Elvis, and bob dylan, infact alot of 60s stuff.

modern wise i'll stick to madness

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2005, 11:59:16 AM »

Favorite Band - Big Country (as they're not going any more I try to get to gigs by new bands with ex BC band members in, namely Casbah Club, with Simon Townsend & Bruce Foxton, and Dead Men Walking, a supergroup with some great rockers in it).

Don't listen to much by bands who haven't at least 1 dead member, but will admit to being quite impressed by Kaiser Chiefs.

Other favorites: AC/DC, The Alarm, The Skids, The Clash, Atlanta Rhythm Section & Lynard Skynard, and nearly forgot Iron Maiden.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 12:03:23 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 12:01:50 PM »

MAIDEN RULES OK.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2005, 12:03:16 PM »

Adam, being though you have mellowed now from your really appaulling music days.  I can offer you a cheap Bon Jovi album that i have for sale on ebay at the moment - i have attached the link for you  Cheesy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4761197590&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 12:03:24 PM »

MAIDEN RULES OK.

what are the maiden rules before i agree to play by them

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 12:05:09 PM »

MAIDEN RULES OK.

what are the maiden rules before i agree to play by them

New emoticon needed - wee smiley holding his/her? nose - code :crapjoke:. Use, Ironsides.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 12:06:35 PM »

Adam, being though you have mellowed now from your really appaulling music days.  I can offer you a cheap Bon Jovi album that i have for sale on ebay at the moment - i have attached the link for you  Cheesy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4761197590&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Jam Bun Hovis/ no thanks. guitar oriented rock music is not appauling at all. If I'm jamming along to a CD these days it's all sorts. Stevie Ray Vaughan, AC/DC, Reef Big Fish, John Denver.

Joe Satriani is god and Steve Vai the prince of darkness.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 12:26:03 PM »

If I could recommend one album most of you haven't heard of but everyone should own it'd be Reel Big Fish - Favourite Noise. kinda ska / punk / rock stuff. big horn sectins, wicked sense of umour and really catchy songs. TBYB tracks should be; She has a girlfriend now / She's famous now / sell out / beer.

add to that I want your girlfriend to be my girlfriend too
class
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 01:20:15 PM »

Adam, I would suggest you listen to RX Bandits. They are truly awesome. If you take Bob Marley, The Police, The Pistols and Maiden, put them in a jar and shake it up, Out would come RX Bandits. The have a sax and trombone player but rock with the best of them. I bought the album many years ago after seeing them support New Found Glory, I loved them live but hated the album. I saw them again later supporting somebody else and thought I have to listen to this again. Put it on and playde in almost constantly for about 4 months. The last two albums, The resignation and Progress are the best (IMHO). Rock/Punk/3rd wave of Ska at it VERY best.

I noticed you put Reel Big Fish (you actually put Reef Big Fish but i guess it was a typo) They actually toured a lot together in the US. RXB are more serious though. Another great band (who toured with Both) are The Exit. Their first album is great.

More mainstream, The Killers album is spectacular and a band I never wanted to like but are growing on me, Muse. I guess you know them anyway.

By the way, RBF are playing Rock City soon.

I hope to be over for FireFest at Rock City at the end of November, some great rock bands playing although most are "melodic" rock.

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 01:25:02 PM »

I always found the Carpenters somewhat relaxing.

Where did I put my coat please?

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 01:30:07 PM »

Is there a particular RX Bandits LP to go for?

Seen RBF 3 time. the only down side I've found with them is, once you've seen RBF live you've really SEEN them. same show 3 times. the new album is rubbish too. clearly written in the studio against the clock. (look out for bands writing songs about writing songs and lines like, "this is the line about..." "this is the song that..."and "that's a good line to take me to the bridge." dead give away and lazy song writing. Favourite Noise and Cheer Up are good LPs though
Phil

AKA mrcoffee182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 01:39:36 PM »

I kept getting told to listen to RX Bandits a while back, but never really got on with their stuff to be honest - maybe i just picked some bad tracks.

My taste is just getting bizarrer by the day. Whilst I'm mainly punk orientated I still can't resist sticking on a bit Jazz from time to time and am somehow enjoying the Faithless album that my mate left me the other. Combine that with the fact I work with a Hip Hop/Drum n Bass who constantly gets me to listen to stuff (most of which I like) its pretty hard to find anything I really can't listen to.

Bands worth listening to off the top of my head though - Skirtbox (technical punk - ridiculously good muscians), Postal Service (very unique, chilled accoustic stuff with beats), Strike Anywhere (some nice angry punk). Grin

1st. West Ham. 2nd Poker
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: