blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 06:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  NON POKER Blondite favourite music
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NON POKER Blondite favourite music  (Read 32046 times)
sixpac

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2005, 08:45:52 PM »

OK

Really like 'Kings of Leon' but thought the 2nd album was such a huge leap foreward I cant really see how they can get any better, still can always hope.

Band i'm listening to at the moment  is 'Maximo Park'. well worth a listen.

Probably my all time fav is/was 'Captain Beafheart', stll sounds good to me.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2005, 08:48:44 PM »

Parachutes is a brilliant album, and apart from oasis, is probably the best debut album ever. I just think X&Y is a more "complete" album, if that makes sense .

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
stoo

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2005, 09:12:56 PM »

Parachutes is a brilliant album, and apart from oasis, is probably the best debut album ever. I just think X&Y is a more "complete" album, if that makes sense .

That's a bold statement.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2005, 09:21:59 PM »

yeah, i should have added IMHO Wink and I DID say apart from Oasis Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
stoo

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2005, 09:25:03 PM »

hehe. It is a class album so I would deffinately have it in my top ten opener wise.
We all know Oasis's opener is class! Would you say it's the best they have done?

I'd go with Mornining Glory
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 09:26:53 PM by stoo » Logged
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2005, 09:32:17 PM »

Guns n Roses Appetite for destruction was/is the best debut album of all time and the sale will back that up 15 million and climbing. awsome album
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2005, 09:34:35 PM »

IMO Definitley Maybe is a better than album than morning glory. It was raw but had a real effect at the time, i think Noel especially to prove at the time and that brought the best out of him. Its all about escapism which can only be expressed when you want to escape from something ie working class manchester. I think they went downhill when the money started rolling in. Morning glory is a good album tho
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2005, 09:37:51 PM »

Greatest debut album is The Stone Roses eponomyous album. A classic no matter how many times you listen to it. I just love the fact that every time it starts i think the sound is off my stereo but its just the intro to I wanna be adored.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2005, 10:50:49 PM »

Really like 'Kings of Leon' but thought the 2nd album was such a huge leap foreward I cant really see how they can get any better, still can always hope.

Oh they will, trust me! They have written some of it already and it looks to be out early next year.  Cant Wait!

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2005, 02:12:16 AM »

Guns n Roses Appetite for destruction was/is the best debut album of all time and the sale will back that up 15 million and climbing. awsome album

Bought this album when i was.........back then anyway, cost me £6 odd at a time when i was on the YTS earning £28 a week.
Guess what? i fell asleep on the bus and woke up at my stop, jumped off and left it!!
So, the next week did the same journey and bought it again.
Finally get in the house run upstairs and put it on, it is absolutely, unquestionably, definitely..............the WORST album of all time!!
I have never heard such a pile of shite in my life and i bought it twice!!
jeez

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2005, 12:20:13 AM »

wrong
luckyblind

Why did I call myself lucky?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2005, 12:54:54 AM »

Absolutely have to agree with you there. I had the album as soon as it came out way before they made it big. I see no mention for Velvet Revolver here. At first I didn't think much of it but it has grown on me and is my current favourite driving CD.

Also on my playlist at the mo: Anything AC/DC - The ultimate gods of rock, Scissor sisters, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Alterbridge, Creed, Him, Kid Rock, Pearl Jam & Green Day.

Best Music DVD - has to be S&M by Metallica & Orchestra, yet to find anyone who doesn't like - even my mum thinks it is great! Closely followed by AC/DC's Balls of steel.

Best Guitarist - Joe Satriani - awesome live

D 4 Events - Deepstack & Short-Handed Poker Festivals across Europe. €500 main events with €300 & €200 Side Events.

Great Structures, Fantastic Venues, Affordable entry fees.

PM for more info.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2005, 01:04:29 AM »

yeah, seen Satch 3 times. best was on a G3 tour. Adrian Legg opened and was spell binding. for anyone who doesn't know him and cares he's an acoustic guitarist who, as well as sliding and bending also tunes up and down mid song. hard to explain but it's incredible. Vai was on next and was phenominal. Satriani was his usual amzing self but the encore was Satriani and Vai on stage together cutting heads. enough to make any guitarist cry for a month.

Also worth a mention as I'm sure Luckyblind will agree, Stu Hamms Bass solo, bassed aaround Moonlight Sonata it without question the best piece of bass playing you'd ever see. second time I saw it at Albert hall I actually let a tear go. Cry baby
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 01:07:38 AM by AdamM » Logged
jammer

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2005, 04:10:29 AM »

Greatest debut album is The Stone Roses eponomyous album. A classic no matter how many times you listen to it. I just love the fact that every time it starts i think the sound is off my stereo but its just the intro to I wanna be adored.

Second that. Stuff like gun's n roses, great rock album n all, but its albums that are genre defining that are the real classics.

Stone roses is one of them. Hope it stands the test of time.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2005, 04:20:22 AM »

I too grew up in the grunge era and was crazy about Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Smashing Pumkins, Seen them all several times including at once Pearl Jam in Bradford i was sat on a balcony left of the stage when the bass player got up on his amp (very high) and starting jigging away.  In a moment of utter madness (have them sometimes) i jumped off the balcony and landed on the amp and danced away with the bass player for the whole song. No i am not insance and no i was not on drugs  Grin  Just excited!

At the moment i love Kasabian also, never really went nuts over the album but saw them in nottingham and had such a good time dancing they totally won me! I love Queens of the Stone Age, The Killers (also didnt want to), Foo Fighters, and Ultimately

KINGS OF LEON - Not sure if many people are into them but they are Awesome!! seen them six times now and they blow me away, even went to New York and saw them twice there!  They are 3 brothers and a cousin from Tennessee and you people must check them out! Not your average band.

defo the best list on this thread, astounding choices there love them all!

only one you missed that are amazing - metalica~: saw them twice!

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: