blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:30:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  My rights at work?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My rights at work?  (Read 9200 times)
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2006, 01:22:51 PM »

Well fk me side ways with a scrubbing brush. Flushy makes a 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2006, 01:24:02 PM »

Please go to Uni if you can, just because you don't feel like it right now things might be very different in six months

You'll regret it if you pass the opportunity up

It will be exactly the change of scenery you need, you'll meet new friends, broaden your horizons and have a good time too.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2006, 01:24:43 PM »

Ok i am going to put my big foot in here, lol.

It seems to be my perception that you and Leon run very hot and cold, i don't really know either of you but from reading your posts from the past and this one it seems that way.

You don't appear to have any responsibility's aswell? No house, kids etc.

You say at the moment the money you make is used to pay for rent/car/future house. I imagine most of that goes towards the future house. With a man whom you have a volatile relationship with.

My advice, for what its worth (probably nothing as i have never been in this situation) is to sack the job in, tell Leon to piss off, go stay at a friends place whilst you get yourself into Uni (i seem to remember that was something you really wanted to do, and for your future its a great thing to do) then get yourself into Halls and have the best years of your life whilst you are at Uni!

Who knows you might be able to sort out your differences with Leon, its a lot easier to do that sort of thing when you are not living together!

I may be stepping over a line with that post, i don't know i just think life is too short and you are too young to be worrying about the shit you worry about!

I agree
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2006, 01:28:56 PM »

About the sickie thing, if you had a bug you can legitimately say that you were feeling better but you didn't want to pass the bug on to anyone (you work as a carer so you must be dealing with people all day). Just because you feel better doesn't mean you don't still have the bug.
weller001

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 01:35:20 PM »

sickies arent a problem until you are sick for 3 days or more, then you need a doctors certificate.

regular sickies may prompt a talking to from the management, although for this to be used as any sort of evidence against you it must be done formally ,ie  - you must be notified of the meeting in advance, and you must be informed that it is your rights to take a witness to the meeting, and they must tell you in writing that that it is a FORMAL meeting.

ACAS is always the way to go if you have any problems at work , they have a emplyee helpline - 08457 474747, they will answer any questions you have and tell you what your rights are.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 01:37:04 PM »

Please go to Uni if you can, just because you don't feel like it right now things might be very different in six months

You'll regret it if you pass the opportunity up

It will be exactly the change of scenery you need, you'll meet new friends, broaden your horizons and have a good time too.

And if they have a poker society, you can take all their money every week and buy a house with cash when you graduate. Smiley

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 01:44:36 PM »

For what its worth, go & be a student at Uni, new horizons & all that, but alot of fun.

What ever you decide I hope you can sort everything out Poppet, you're young & your futures bright.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2006, 01:46:06 PM »

It seems to be my perception that you and Leon run very hot and cold, i don't really know either of you but from reading your posts from the past and this one it seems that way.

You say at the moment the money you make is used to pay for rent/car/future house. I imagine most of that goes towards the future house. With a man whom you have a volatile relationship with.

My advice, for what its worth (probably nothing as i have never been in this situation) is to sack the job in, tell Leon to piss off, go stay at a friends place whilst you get yourself into Uni (i seem to remember that was something you really wanted to do, and for your future its a great thing to do) then get yourself into Halls and have the best years of your life whilst you are at Uni!

Who knows you might be able to sort out your differences with Leon, its a lot easier to do that sort of thing when you are not living together!

I may be stepping over a line with that post, i don't know i just think life is too short and you are too young to be worrying about the shit you worry about!

STUNNED!!!!     top post

Are you going to be this sensible when u r a mod James?? - hope not, how dull would that be!
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2006, 01:48:19 PM »

sickies arent a problem until you are sick for 3 days or more, then you need a doctors certificate.

NOT TRUE

Doctors certificates are not needed at all (unless long term sick). Your employer can refuse to pay you without one though if they think ur pulling a fast one.

You do not need a doctors note to be off sick from work.
weller001

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2006, 01:57:28 PM »

NOT TRUE

Doctors certificates are not needed at all (unless long term sick). Your employer can refuse to pay you without one though if they think ur pulling a fast one.

You do not need a doctors note to be off sick from work.

really?, I had a meeting with ACAS last year and I could of sworn thats what they said..Ill have to look that one up.

- its 7 days
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2006, 02:13:08 PM »

Very good advice Flushy 

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2006, 02:29:01 PM »

flushy for mod!
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2006, 02:43:30 PM »

Right so the world's turning in a different direction, or something else is very wrong, as Flushy HAS made a good post (there, I've said it I can stop grinding me teeth now).

Poppet, do not waste another minute in a job you don't like. If you feel you cannot leave, then go through your firm's policies and procedures with a fine toothed comb, make a case with everything you have said here, in an intelligent and objective manner, and make a formal complaint against Leon, your supervisor, and stand your ground.

Either deal with it, or stop moaning about it, and another tip - the more you are seen/speculated on/heard bitching about work to other workers, the worse it will get.

Do your degree, do it while you can concentrate on it (why am I doing 2 years worth of Uni in one year AND damn near running a business?? Cause I didn't go to Uni when I had the chance).

You are only at the stage when you have a few responsibilities once (unless you manage to win the lottery/become a gadabout poker player (sorry! Couldn't resist)).

Frankly, you need to sit down and go through all your millions of postings on this forum, and make a note of how many times you have said you had a spat with Leon. Is anyone worth that sort of hassle? Hands up all who know the answer.....

Go get YOUR life back.

No-one is going to give you more of a chance than you, so do it!

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2006, 02:44:56 PM »

Ginger you using Flushy's login?

Good advice mate.

My experience is I was 28 and heading nowhere fast and had always regretted not going to uni when all my friends went after school. I thought i was the dogs leaving school getiing a job selling insurance and making a packet but after a few years found i was in a job i hated and things went from bad to worse. trouble was for years i believed i had missed my chance as i had a mortgage, loans etc to pay. Eventually decided that it couldn't go on packed it all in and enrolled at local uni. Worked in jobs which allowed me to study and live (we even managed to have a daughter before i graduated).

Now I am an accountant with a very large company and i hate this job too but i think i just hate work  stirthepot

Seriously Flusy is right   you have nothing holding you back, seriously consider it if it is something you have wanted to do and grab the opportunity you don't need to put up with that kind of nonsense.

Good luck
James
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2006, 02:46:15 PM »

welcome back Heid!

Top notch stuff

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today