blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 02:46:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Red's Roots
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red's Roots  (Read 10735 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2005, 04:05:39 PM »

Hi Ace2Mouth, good point.

I am trying to differentiate betrween one group & another, and in doing so, I have to collectively generalise to make the point.

It's possible, in doing so, that some innocent people will get hurt, but in the greater scheme of things, that's almost inevitable.

You can put whatever label you wish on the group of folks I refer to as Diddy Ky's. But by definition, I am ONLY referring to the groups that, collectively, cause so much mess, thieving, vandalising, terrorising, etc, in the way that Ariston so beautifuly described. They HAVE to have a collective name - but you can call them what you wish. If they don't thieve & terrorise & vandalise & leave rubbish everywhere, they are NOT Diddy-Ky's....!

So, if your suggestion that I am taring a group with the same brush, then yes, I am. I am saying all those that leave all that scrap & litter, & break nto houses, & steal openly, are Diddy-Ky's.That's my name for them, & it does tar them all with the same brush, because it's a "collective noun", by definition! We can't ignore them simply on the grounds that it woudl be a generalisation. It is precisely this group that, in my opinion, are responsible for the way Gypsies are wrongly & unfairly percieved, & prejudiced against, in our society.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2005, 04:08:26 PM »

A serious discussion on blonde- no mention yet of norks,nipples or boobies anywhere to be seen. Wonder what time cochester will get out of bed? Grin

ariston

better lucky than good
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 04:09:08 PM »

NORKS!

NIPPLES!

BOOBIES!

(cough) - just keeping it light.  Wink
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 04:12:07 PM »

NORKS!

NIPPLES!

BOOBIES!

(cough) - just keeping it light.  Wink

that moon thats giving off heat is keeping it light

i dont understand why people get up before 8pm with a moon like that

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 04:14:19 PM »

But our next serious Topic - I guess we have to have one now & then, but they all end in fun & disarray anyway - iis Ageism. Boy oh boy, are you lot gonna be in deep poo then......

Hard to imagine ONE of you will escape my wrath, my cutting ripostes, my withering looks. (I shall regret "withering looks, which wise guy will get in first on THAT one... Evens Ariston?).

Oh, & before you jump to the wrong conclusion. i shall defend Ageism, because I KNOW some old peeps - Karbiner for one - & I shall be old myself eventually.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2005, 04:15:40 PM »

And what's a Nork when it's at home? (Serious question).

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2005, 04:16:23 PM »

Ok i understand,

It seemed like you were seperating all travellers without a romany gypsy heritage as Diddy K's (please explain hat that means?). I am sure that not all travellers without the heritage are the theiving, nasty people many have encountered.

Question,

Is there a seperation between romany gypsy's and travellers or do they camp/stay/travel in the same groups?

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2005, 04:17:55 PM »

Bristol's, boobs, baps etc oh and breasts, some people call them that as well.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2005, 04:20:44 PM »

withering looks- too easy mate. I expected some sort of response off you on the poker translator thread. Set up to perfection for your wit that thread.
norks- verb... a particluarly pert pair of breasts usually found on a "younger" attractive femail. Not to be mixed up with their older "fried egg" counterparts  Grin

ariston

better lucky than good
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2005, 04:23:42 PM »

withering looks- too easy mate. I expected some sort of response off you on the poker translator thread. Set up to perfection for your wit that thread.
norks- verb... a particluarly pert pair of breasts usually found on a "younger" attractive femail. Not to be mixed up with their older "fried egg" counterparts  Grin

Another quote from that series "Coupling":

"I have found 800 words for breasts, and counting"

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2005, 04:24:06 PM »

Eek. Maybe I should modify that line before he reads it. Don't want to be brought to the docks on his 'age-ism' thread.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2005, 04:29:33 PM »

Ive never watched coupling robert but if thats a quote from it it sounds like my type of show  Grin Is it on sky?? Also I think I may need a lawyer to defend me against alleged ageism, I dont think I have ever been ageist but you know these old people- they just need to find something to moan about to make them feel important/wanted  Wink

ariston

better lucky than good
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2005, 04:30:31 PM »

Whilst we are all being honest and talking about roots, I have a confession to make.

I'm not really a Nun Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Grin

I think i am quite lucky as i never generalise folk, I always like to take time to get to know people from all walks of life, I grew up in the country where, from an early age,  we had  Gypsies visiting the area throughout the year. We never had a problem with any that visited, some even decided to settle in a house not too far from ours, at first they took a lot of stick from uneducated locals, but they were the most kind & helpful family anyone could wish to have as neighbours, and soon made a few people eat their words. There is now a residential site in that area, which as far as i know causes no problems.
I'm struggling a bit to try and understand why Red,  you felt,  that by having Romany in you  would make a difference to the way people on here judge you. I personaly dont care how people judge me, as there is far too much serioiusness in my life to worry about what people think of me. I come to this Forum for release  from everyday thoughts, & that is exactly what people on here provide me with, especially you,with your humour and lovely words that you put into your posts, how could anyone not want a bit of romany in them ...oops ...i mean in the forum. Wink

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

"Coupling" is excellent.

Was a BBC2 Comedy for several years

Sarah Alexander. Say no more. Get the DVD. Drool.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2005, 04:33:10 PM »

Hi Ace, thanks.

No, not at all, that was NOT the differentation I was making. I am sure there are many travelling peeps who do not thieve & loot & vandalise & leave mess everywhere. You can give them any collective name you wish. "Travellers" probably sums them up.

I don't know where the term "Diddy-Ky's came from, but I have used it for 20 years or more. It means what I inferred - if the peeps do not behave in the way I suggested, then they are not Diddy Ky's.

We CAN generalise if we wish. "Murderers" - they are all murderers. By DEFINITION. Racists. They are ALL racists. By DEFINITION. Churchgoers. By DEFINITION. Lets not get into the nanny state, "wet"  mindset, thats say we are not allowed to generalise. We ALL generalise, & quite right too.

What is WRONG, is saying, for example, "all travelling people are bad". A SECTION of them ARE bad. I choose to call them Diddy Ky's.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: