blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:28:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272886 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Amsterdam Master Classics: Day Three - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amsterdam Master Classics: Day Three - Interactive  (Read 37533 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2006, 09:09:16 PM »

Thanks

Gotta another?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: November 10, 2006, 09:15:50 PM »

Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliott is OUT.

All-in of a 9-A-x flop with A-Q versus the Pocket Nines of Jorrit van Hoof.

Incredibly, he didn't looked best please, f'ing and blinding under his breath as he rose from his seat.

"Where's my money?" he asked. Time to hit the bar mi thinks...

And what's best is that as soon as he left the table, someone grabbed him for a photo. To say Dave wasn't all smiles would be an understatement.

They always say poker is about timing...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 09:17:54 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: November 10, 2006, 09:22:40 PM »

Frenchman, David Kitai is also OUT.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2006, 09:24:08 PM »

... which means we have, as I understand it, just 20 players left.

Out of them, I would imagine D Makowsky will be next as he only has around 35k.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2006, 09:25:35 PM »

Juicy hand as reported by a cash-playing James Akenhead (who failed to get in as an alternate in today's tournament, even though Karl whom he put in the draw was picked first) -

Sverre raised on the cutoff with pocket Tens.  Small blind re-raised and big blind re-re-raised.  It turned out (after Sverre passed the Tens) that they had KK and AA respectively.  One of those "wish I hadn't made the right fold" moments coming up, though, as one Ten fell on the flop, and another graced the river.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2006, 09:27:35 PM »

Incredibly, he didn't looked best please, f'ing and blinding under his breath as he rose from his seat.

And what's best is that as soon as he left the table, someone grabbed him for a photo. To say Dave wasn't all smiles would be an understatement.

Your little drinking smiley looks to me like someone liberally applying Tabasco to themselves and then suffering the consequences.  Or drinking ketchup (which I did age seven and haven't been able to touch the stuff since).

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2006, 09:30:22 PM »

Sverre Sundbo: "I've still got over 200k, but I'm still thinking about the hand with Hazam when he called with a flush draw. I can't beleive he made that play, I can undertsand it's me making the final call, but not when it's him, with just a fliush draw. Probably one of the worst plays I've seen in the latter stages of a comp like this. I would have been on over 600k if I'd have won that one"

Dave Finney: "Get me a coffee, will someone get me a coffee please?"

I guess the players have different things on their minds.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 09:35:10 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2006, 09:31:27 PM »

Your little drinking smiley looks to me like someone liberally applying Tabasco to themselves and then suffering the consequences.  Or drinking ketchup (which I did age seven and haven't been able to touch the stuff since).
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2006, 09:49:23 PM »

Sverre Sundbo takes another hit.

He raised pre-flop with and received a call from Jerome Bradpiece, who had him slightly pipped with

Flop = Two Clubs

Sverre bets out 10.2k and Jerome smooth calls.

Turn =

Sverre bets out 40k and, once again, Jerome calls.

River is a 9 of hearts and both players back down and check it out, with Jerome taking the pot with his Ace high.

"I didn't have the guts," weeped Sverre as he glanced down at his depleted stack of 140k.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 09:51:10 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2006, 09:50:13 PM »

The blinds are currently 3,000 and 6,000 with a running ante of 500.

The bizarre thing about this cardroom is that they don't have the clock on display, which, as Paul Parker said, isn't a pain if you're short-stacked.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2006, 09:51:05 PM »

Ross Boatman finishes in 21st place

On table televised, Alex Jalali Abadi raised two consecutive hands to 20k preflop, once utg+1, and once, necessarily, under the gun.  The second time, Ross came over the top, all in.  Call.

Ross showed: 
Alex showed: 

The board flushed one of the Kings - two spades three diamonds , but that was the icing on the cake, and a round of applause for Mr. Boatman as he leaves the feature table with six players...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2006, 09:53:15 PM »

They've done a strange thing.  Having had no 500 denomination chips for the entirety of the tournament, thus forcing much changing of the 1000s for 100s, they've now gotten rid of all the 100 chips and brought out red 500s which are, when one grows tired, easily confused with the pink 5,000 ones.  But it makes for easier anteing.

tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2006, 09:54:06 PM »

Excellent updates as always.

Thanks snoopy and Jen

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2006, 10:15:42 PM »

Well, it looks like we're down to 18 now as we've lost two players in quick succession and they're breaking up one of the tables.

The first to go was D. Makowsky, who made his move with T-8, only to run into the Pocket Jacks of Jonathan Fhal.

And then, just moments later we had a camera crew enticing hand on the other table between Rolf Slotboom and M Neuteboom.

Neuteboom raised 20k pre-flop and Rolf moved all-in.

As Neuteboom dwellt and the cameras flooded in, Rolf moved into his traditional shades on, head dipped posture whilst his fellow countryman considered his options.

Eventually, Neuteboom made the call, and although he wasn't comfortable with his K-Qo, he was even more fidgety when he caught sight of Rolf's Pocket Aces.

As before, Rolf started yapping away at the dealer as the cards were being dealt. I think he calls cards or something. On this occasion he was shouting "Kleine Carten, Kleine Carten, Kliene Carten (or something like that)", which I assume means 'small cards.'

For anyone who knows Rolf, this seems very out of character as he is usually such a reserved man, very softly spoken and rarely brash or aggressive... however, at the poker table, the Slotboom turns into a man possessed.

And ultimately, it was small cards he got as the Flop brought T-5-4. The Queen on the Turn was a fearsome sight, but not after the 2 hit the River to give Rolf the pot and eliminate Neuteboom.

18 left.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 10:20:03 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2006, 10:20:40 PM »

ANY cAMEL NEWS PLEASE JEN... SPOOONY... X
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: