blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272826 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 62466 times)
Fred Titmus

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 14, 2006, 03:59:35 AM »

As to the other more general matters raised in this thread, you will need to be a little more patient please. We have secured over £3,500 tonight, plus £600 already paid, so we are on the right road, & much progress has clearly been made in the last 7 days.

...but it probably wouldn't have happened without a stink being drummed up on this forum.

Not a happy state of affairs.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 14, 2006, 04:27:00 AM »

To the charity's credit, and in large part due to some diplomatic and very kind middle-manning form Tikay and RED_DOG, it looks as if half of all monies raised on that day have been passed on to Reece's family, as was the original understanding of all who attended.

The large remaining question is whether or not charity poker tournaments are feasable.

I'm guessing no charity AIMS to spend 70% of all monies raised. They have their expenses, a lot of which are fixed costs, and try to raise as much as possible. If Poker 4 Charity had raised £100,000, instead of £30,000, the £20,000 grand in administrative expenses wouldn't seem so bad.

I've been to a few P4C events.

Looking at the tournament in Motherwell, they had 18-ish runners. That doesn't spin much. The prize pool was barely a grand, so the charity got £500.

My understanding is that two people travelled up from England to run the event. While good people who generously donated their time, their travel and accomodation expenses eat a huge chunk of that £500. My problem here is that a local person can generously donate their time in a similar manner, and put on a 2 table poker tournament with 0 expenses.

The tournament in Cardiff had a few more, around 40. The thing that bothered me there was that I was told they had paid for the use of the hall, and paid for the buffet.

If both events had 150 runners, or close to that, the expenses would have seemed trivial when you looked at the final figure raised. That they didn't, that they arn't working, a change must be considered.

A charity is a buisness, and a buisness that isn't working needs to stop trading.

The viable future of UK charity poker tournaments probably lies in small local rotary-club like operations, whose expenses needn't even include a poker set out of Cosco. I know a few people who have their own poker chips, if you ask them nicely, they might let you borrow them.

Not saying there isn't room for a large central charity, that distributes the monies raised to good causes, and helps organize corporate sponsorship. If this costs 20 grand though, then it needs to do much better.........
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 04:32:45 AM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
the-oneeye

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 14, 2006, 08:07:42 AM »

Im pretty sure that the reson why the admin costs for the second year havent come down is due to the decline in interest

Cardiff in april had only 40 runners although alot more said they would come
motherwell had 18 although alot more said they would come
Newcastle the ness and necs had a good number in fact, the had to turn people down, until on the day many people didnt turn up
scarborough 54 runners people enevr turned up again.

How many people here have signed up to one of the p4c affiliate deals, or signed up to the 1% club( you give 1% of your poker winnings) or in fact recycled a mbile phone through the scheme p4c are running. Who here has purchased a christmas present via the online affiliate shops.

Instead of people slagging off the way a charity is run, there are ways in fact that you all as poker players could turn the charity around, without actually having to pay your 300 pounds to go to one of the events

As i said the 70% admin costs of the charity is inreasonably high at the moment, but as a whole this charity is likely to have these expenses regardless. If threads are being generated around the internet saying what a rip off game4life is and interest declines further then im pretty sure that the expense ration will decline further.

Davey has worked tirelessly over the past couple of years to try and make the game4life charity a success, giving the poker players of this country and the world a chance to give a little back to childrens charities. And if it isnt supported as much as it should be then that cant be helped.

I suggest that instead of slating the charity support it and then things would look altogether rosier
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2006, 09:11:11 AM »

That's the solution, more of us need to join the 0.3% club.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 14, 2006, 09:38:29 AM »

whats it gonna take ?
i have had a titfull of this, its turning in to a JOKE.
why still are there some people who cant see the light ?are people scared of this charity?
tank hit the nail on the head p4c is not just aimed at making money for charity as it should be.
 when he said about when you spend £300 quid going to one of theses "doos" only £15 ends up at the charity.JOKE,
"this charity is not just about making money for good causes its about meeting people and having a good time on the way."which in my eyes is "BSh1t"
well done tony and tom,i bet that was an eye opener,glad Reece will finally get something,if not all.
AS TO PEOPLE WHO STILL DEFEND THIS CHARITY JUST THINK WHEN YOUR AT THE NEXT DOO COZ THATS WHAT THEY ARE ("A DOO") JUST THINK THAT ONLY A SMALL % WILL END UP WHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO GO..
         """ AND THATS IF IT GETS NAMED AND SHAMED INTO DOING SO !"""

just 1 thing to add,OK if the  admin costs were high  % for the first year?
but why the second year too?Huh?Huh?Huh? this is wrong all wake up at smell it...

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
the-oneeye

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 14, 2006, 09:41:30 AM »

not the solution at all, i appreciate your less than witty reply tank. Alot of blonde members will probably never donate or attend another penny to game4life and that is entirely thier choice i and i respect them for that. The point i am making is administration will appear high if a charity hasnt a large income.

Heres a for instance if every blonde member recycled an old mobile phone through the recycling shceme, then not only would each indivual get up to £40 in argos credit but the charity would make up to £15144.5  this is entirly free money .

On a bigger picture if everyone who played poker in the uk donated a phone, and correct me if i am wrong the estimation is over 4 million then that would be in excess of 14 million pounds.

Then for daveys £8000 a year wages he had generated 14 million and you all think he is a legend.

This is my point
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 14, 2006, 09:48:05 AM »

whats it gonna take ?
i have had a titfull of this, its turning in to a JOKE.
why still are there some people who cant see the light ?are people scared of this charity?
tank hit the nail on the head p4c is not just aimed at making money for charity as it should be.
 when he said about when you spend £300 quid going to one of theses "doos" only £15 ends up at the charity.JOKE,
"this charity is not just about making money for good causes its about meeting people and having a good time on the way."which in my eyes is "BSh1t"
well done tony and tom,i bet that was an eye opener,glad Reece will finally get something,if not all.
AS TO PEOPLE WHO STILL DEFEND THIS CHARITY JUST THINK WHEN YOUR AT THE NEXT DOO COZ THATS WHAT THEY ARE ("A DOO") JUST THINK THAT ONLY A SMALL % WILL END UP WHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO GO..
         """ AND THATS IF IT GETS NAMED AND SHAMED INTO DOING SO !"""

just 1 thing to add,OK if the  admin costs were high  % for the first year?
but why the second year too?Huh?

Huh?Huh? this is wrong all wake up at smell it...

I am sure alot of people think the same thing sofa but you have to be patient for the answers, as stated on this thread they will come once tikey has met the person and formulated a response. I dont think you help yourself the way you post, it puts people on the defensive right away and takes away from your valid points.

Be patient and let them come up with a detailed response, making judgment calls on things you dont fully understand is very dangerous and potentially can have massive negative effects on people. Remember these people are not bad or criminals ffs.
North Angel

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 14, 2006, 09:53:42 AM »

£300!!!! was not spent at the charity event, they were tanks costs,i.e hotel, drinks and whatever he spent. He actually only spent £90

at the event. of which a percentage went to the prizepool. How can you say we are now responsable for people's travel and beverage costs??
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 09:58:10 AM by North Angel » Logged

When you tell your version of events make sure you have proof to back up your mouth!
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 14, 2006, 09:59:59 AM »

not the solution at all, i appreciate your less than witty reply tank. Alot of blonde members will probably never donate or attend another penny to game4life and that is entirely thier choice i and i respect them for that. The point i am making is administration will appear high if a charity hasnt a large income.

Heres a for instance if every blonde member recycled an old mobile phone through the recycling shceme, then not only would each indivual get up to £40 in argos credit but the charity would make up to £15144.5  this is entirly free money .

On a bigger picture if everyone who played poker in the uk donated a phone, and correct me if i am wrong the estimation is over 4 million then that would be in excess of 14 million pounds.

Then for daveys £8000 a year wages he had generated 14 million and you all think he is a legend.

This is my point
now hang on a minute you only get £40 for a mobile phone which is a 8800 and if its full working order.these phones sell for £300+ on e-bay so you must be  getting brainwashed  mate.
and dont forget game 4 life 2u . co . uk
will get a draw out of this.   (phones)
what type of person gives away these type of books free if you become a AFFILIATE of this site?
FREE BOOKS
 1, email marketing stratagies>>>
 2,million dollar emails>>(THE GREATEST MONEYMAKING EMAILS OF ALL TIME)
 3,autoresponder magic>>to put your website on auto pilot.

North Angel

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 14, 2006, 10:04:41 AM »

The charity does not get £40 from each phone donated, at the moment we get 35p per phone donated, it used to be £3.50 but that was at the start of their campaign, the donator of the phone gets the full amount that is stated on their website.

Cash withdrawn by you since start of campaign  £1486.25  << what was donated to the charity.

Cash paid to donors who have supported your campaign  £6898.19  << what was given to the donator.

Argos credit paid to donors who have supported your campaign  £2900.4 << given to the donator if they took argos vouchers.

So what the donator receives far outweighs was has been given to charity.

When you tell your version of events make sure you have proof to back up your mouth!
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 14, 2006, 10:04:58 AM »

£300!!!! was not spent at the charity event, they were tanks costs,i.e hotel, drinks and whatever he spent. He actually only spent £90

at the event. of which a percentage went to the prizepool. How can you say we are now responsable for people's travel and beverage costs??
what i am saying is instead of going to one of these" DOOS" and spending £300-400 and only £15 ending up at the good cause  STAY HOME AND SEND £50 DIRECT TO THE INTENDED PURPOSE

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 14, 2006, 10:08:03 AM »

what i am saying is instead of going to one of these" DOOS" and spending £300-400 and only £15 ending up at the good cause  STAY HOME AND SEND £50 DIRECT TO THE INTENDED PURPOSE

Some people might enjoy spending money for a weekend away where they can meet up with old friends and have a game of poker and a laugh and if some of the proceeds end up going to charity then even better - rather than just sitting at home.

sponsored by Fyffes
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 14, 2006, 10:08:31 AM »

The charity does not get £40 from each phone donated, at the moment we get 35p per phone donated, it used to be £3.50 but that was at the start of their campaign, the donator of the phone gets the full amount that is stated on their website.

Cash withdrawn by you since start of campaign  £1486.25  << what was donated to the charity.

Cash paid to donors who have supported your campaign  £6898.19  << what was given to the donator.

Argos credit paid to donors who have supported your campaign  £2900.4 << given to the donator if they took argos vouchers.

So what the donator receives far outweighs was has been given to charity.

oneeye who said £40 for a secondhand phone mate ?

North Angel

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 14, 2006, 10:10:40 AM »

Yes Chris (oneeye) may have received that personally for donating a phone, but that is not what the charity receives.

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 14, 2006, 10:13:05 AM »

Some people might enjoy spending money for a weekend away where they can meet up with old friends and have a game of poker and a laugh and if some of the proceeds end up going to charity then even better - rather than just sitting at home.
ok matt fair point.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: