blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:03:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Let's play a hand HU
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's play a hand HU  (Read 5696 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« on: December 18, 2006, 03:53:25 PM »

Having seen how popular the format of snoopies "Let's play a hand" is I thought I'd do the same for a HU game.
Also because I think it makes for just about the most interesting hand analysis.

Taken from a 200$ HU Sit and Go.

A bit of back ground;

Player A has the button, has been fairly tight as far as you can be tight in a HU game. Both are back to about equal chips so if the chips were to fly in the middle of this one and you lose you have essentially lost the game.
Player B has started to adapt to player A's game. He was very lose, raising every button he had but has now started to slow down a bit. Whether this is because he has figured player A's style out or not you don't know. You have no notes on this player and you are player A. Raises haven't been out of order, as you would expect in a decent size STT.

Blinds are 25-50

Player A;   
(On the button) Raise?, Call? (God Forbid) Fold? and if Raise, how much?

« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 04:03:12 PM by boldie » Logged

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 04:15:03 PM »

im calling

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 04:18:11 PM »

Fold - next hand Smiley

ok standard for me is raise 3x fold to rr

c bet 2/3 pot on any flop

If he leads out, what I do flop dependent.

SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 05:40:41 PM »

I call here, but i bet you raised.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 05:42:54 PM »

150 to play

HI HELEN!
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 06:13:23 PM »

How many chips do you have

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 06:24:25 PM »

i just guessed it was a 2000 chip jobbie on tribecca? on second thoughts maybe not as they dont have a 25/50?

HI HELEN!
ontilt

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:28:47 PM »

Raise to 150, but this might have depend on what you have done previously. I tend to raise 3xBB with 70%+ of hands on the button. I am also guessing this loose aggressive player might raise any hands where you call on the button, which would make me do this less often (unless trapping).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 06:30:18 PM by ontilt » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 11:50:53 PM »

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 09:32:02 AM »

Having seen how popular the format of snoopies "Let's play a hand" is I thought I'd do the same for a HU game.
Also because I think it makes for just about the most interesting hand analysis.

Taken from a 200$ HU Sit and Go.

A bit of back ground;

Player A has the button, has been fairly tight as far as you can be tight in a HU game. Both are back to about equal chips so if the chips were to fly in the middle of this one and you lose you have essentially lost the game.
Player B has started to adapt to player A's game. He was very lose, raising every button he had but has now started to slow down a bit. Whether this is because he has figured player A's style out or not you don't know. You have no notes on this player and you are player A. Raises haven't been out of order, as you would expect in a decent size STT.

Blinds are 25-50

Player A;   
(On the button) Raise?, Call? (God Forbid) Fold? and if Raise, how much?

Sorry to young mr ITB. 2000 chippies each (actually 2040 player A and 1960 player B)

Action player A; with

Raise to 200

Player B

Re-raises to 400.

Player B has not yet made this move, but using his description above of what he's done before (we haven't played that many hands yet and you don't have notes) two questions.

A; What range do you put him on. (admittedly quite tricky HU) Is he stealing or does he actually have something?

B; Call, Fold, or reraise?

edit* mistake on my part 2k chippies each (that's what I get for doing it from work from the top of my head.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 07:01:24 PM by boldie » Logged

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 01:09:00 PM »

When I said I fold to a reraise I meant a proper one - I really hate this but I'm going to have to call.  I'm a bit worried that he knows I am going to call i.e he wants action so could have a monster.  He will almost def c bet so I'm going allin if I hit.  hmmm maybe it is a fold, but I'll prob play him again so have to call or alse this will be too easy a way for him to pick up chips.

I really don't like a 4x raise preflop - I haven't experienced many ppl folding for 4, but not for 3.
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 03:24:28 PM »

Personally i think he's testing you, he has something but it's not great. He thinks you have a good hand and he's just trying to find out how good. It means he has something he wants to be able to lay down on the flop with confidence if he gets a bad flop, maybe A-10ish. I'm pretty sure he calls if you move in here so take a flop and be prepared to move in on him if he doesn't commit himself on the flop and the flop is likely to have missed him. I think he plays pairs stronger than this and would just call preflop with big pairs. My only concern is that 10-10 or J-J could be trying to find out where they are here.

But then again that could be total bollox cos this is just a total stab in the dark.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 03:26:53 PM »

But then again that could be total bollox cos this is just a total stab in the dark.

that's the point of the excercise my friend...

ontilt

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 05:23:17 PM »

When I said I fold to a reraise I meant a proper one - I really hate this but I'm going to have to call.  I'm a bit worried that he knows I am going to call i.e he wants action so could have a monster.  He will almost def c bet so I'm going allin if I hit.  hmmm maybe it is a fold, but I'll prob play him again so have to call or alse this will be too easy a way for him to pick up chips.

I really don't like a 4x raise preflop - I haven't experienced many ppl folding for 4, but not for 3.
What he said. I would call because I'm priced in by the small reraise, but I'm not that happy about it. Looks like a pot building raise to me. Still I've got a nice hand against a monster (eg much preferable to a dominated ace)
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 06:52:12 PM »

Id raise like u did preflop, heads up on the button if I play I raise.  Id call the reraise but I wouldnt put him necessarily on a big hand, maybe a weak ace.  We get to see how he acts 1st on the flop

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: